Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

What did you think of Hank Pym in Ant-Man?

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The movies out now. If you have seen in what did you think of the Hank Pym character? Do you think the Marvel cinematic universe did a good job with the character or not?

OGradyFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OGradyFan

I'd say for the record SPOILERS! IF YOUR'E HERE AND WANT TO GO INTO THE MOVIE UNSPOILED

YOU SHOULD LEAVE NOW

Anyway Michael Douglas did great as the tortured inventor that Hank is most known for being. I liked that he constantly wears a "Bluetooth" sized version of the helmet's transmitter and as it's shown he has great skill and able to control it almost like it's second nature (hell did you see how made the ants into a timer with such ease?). I didn't like that they changed it so you can only shrink and grow in the suit as I felt like it'd be a moment of awesome to make Hank reveal he's able to shrink and grow without any help at all (like in the comics). Him not wanting Hope to be in the suit reminded me of how Hank was protective of Janet as she reminds him of his first wife. However I always felt like Hank was too smart to knowingly have children as he knew with his unstable behavior and superhero life style it'd put them at risk, so him and hope felt flat and like a very "not Hank Pym" thing to do. I'd say if he's just going off the script with no prior knowledge of who Hank Pym is as a character is, then he nailed it for what it was. However if he sought this out and gave suggestions to how Hank should be, then I feel like it was mis-step.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.