Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

What if the scarecrow used fear gas on him?

Avatar image for batflasharrow96
    batflasharrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By batflasharrow96

I'm am not sure because Hal Jordan is fearless.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
    @batflasharrow96: No. He's not fearLESS, he's able to OVERCOME fear. There's a difference. 

Hal WOULD be affected by the gas, he'd probably be able to shake it off.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Icarusflies: Yup.  

If I had to guess it'd probably involve watching his father die again. 
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MrMiracle77

The gas can only penetrate his force-field if it's colored yellow.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator

Hal would blow smoke rings with it. Then make a little tiny green plane construct that would loop de loop though the tiny mini fear gas smoke rings. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @MrMiracle77 said:
    " The gas can only penetrate his force-field if it's colored yellow. "
    No. Green Lanterns (with the exception of the rookies) are no longer vulnerable to yellow. It's been years, I think.
    goatman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By goatman2112

Well Hal was exposed to the effects of a Yellow ring during the corps war, and it was him becoming parallax again, and watching his father die. So it would more than likely be something to that effect.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@The Dark Huntress said:
    " @MrMiracle77 said:
    No. Green Lanterns (with the exception of the rookies) are no longer vulnerable to yellow. It's been years, I think. "
    at least since Rebirth
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @MrMiracle77 said:
    No. Green Lanterns (with the exception of the rookies) are no longer vulnerable to yellow. It's been years, I think. "
    at least since Rebirth "
    Since Parallax was removed from the Central Power Battery, IIRC. I can't remember what issue, though. >_<
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By sexy_merc

Rookies can still bypass it, it just takes more effort from them.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @SC:
    @SC said:
    "Hal would blow smoke rings with it. Then make a little tiny green plane construct that would loop de loop though the tiny mini fear gas smoke rings.  "

Mwhahahaaha YES!!!!!!!!!!!
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#12  Edited By MTHarman

It would make an interestin storyline that involves the emotion based power rings and Scarecrow giving a little push to the Yellow side of Sinestro's wonderful team.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Caligula
    @MTHarman said:

" It would make an interestin storyline that involves the emotion based power rings and Scarecrow giving a little push to the Yellow side of Sinestro's wonderful team. "

Jonathon Crane has been so close to being a Yellow Lantern twice now. In Blackest Night, he actually was for a bit.
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#14  Edited By MTHarman
    @Caligula said:
    "@MTHarman said:

" It would make an interestin storyline that involves the emotion based power rings and Scarecrow giving a little push to the Yellow side of Sinestro's wonderful team. "

Jonathon Crane has been so close to being a Yellow Lantern twice now. In Blackest Night, he actually was for a bit. "

Don't know why DC would have him be involved within the Green Lantern series as well and slowly expand his career in villainy. The guy already has  badass reputation.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Caligula
    @MTHarman said:
    " @Caligula said:
    "@MTHarman said:

Jonathon Crane has been so close to being a Yellow Lantern twice now. In Blackest Night, he actually was for a bit. "
    Don't know why DC would have him be involved within the Green Lantern series as well and slowly expand his career in villainy. The guy already has  badass reputation. "
    I think he will eventually join the Sinestro Corps. or take it over completely and call it the Scarecrow Corps. or something. it would make for a cool arc. A power struggle between Crane and Sinestro.
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Icarusflies said:
    " @batflasharrow96: No. He's not fearLESS, he's able to OVERCOME fear. There's a difference.  Hal WOULD be affected by the gas, he'd probably be able to shake it off. "
    or hed start hallucinating and subconciously creating green objects that start killing civillians and teammates. 
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sydpart2
    @Caligula: well...not really. As terrible as the S corps is, doesn't Sin still want to bring order to the universe? I don't think he just wants to rule it I thought his goal was to be a peace keeper to the extreme, kind of like the Justice Lords in that episode of JL. Seems Scarecrow would be to into just killing people instead of actually keeping order. Or I could be completely wrong, haven't gotten to the wars arc yet. let me know if I am wrong but don't go into detail lol
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Caligula
    @Sydpart2 said:
    " @Caligula: well...not really. As terrible as the S corps is, doesn't Sin still want to bring order to the universe? I don't think he just wants to rule it I thought his goal was to be a peace keeper to the extreme, kind of like the Justice Lords in that episode of JL. Seems Scarecrow would be to into just killing people instead of actually keeping order. Or I could be completely wrong, haven't gotten to the wars arc yet. let me know if I am wrong but don't go into detail lol "
    you are right.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think if Hal were exposed to fear gas he'd probably halucinate that he is Parallax again or something to that effect. But some good internal dialogue and he'd be okay again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.