Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Hollywood Agent says Green Lantern is terrible

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By growup
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Icon

I think it's going to be awful too but frankly I'd take this with a grain of salt. Has that guy even seen the final product? I doubt it.

LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By LightBright

I don't have really high hopes for this movie at the moment. :(

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I knew it would be terrible.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

I hope it's good.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DEGRAAF

I hope for the best but am expecting a flop
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

This movie is trying too hard. It's going to come off as cheesy, campy, and just plain dumb. It's harsh, I know, but that's my honest opinion on it. Their first mistake was casting Van Wilder to play Jordan, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Normally I'd be inclined to think that this was all just a total disinformation campaign, but considering how the trailer looked, I just don't know.  Now I'm pretty much like others wanting it to turn out good but fearing it will just be an epic fail.  Tsk tsk.
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PumpkinBomb
    @BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    " I knew it would be terrible. "
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hamz

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a commercial and critical flop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Here's what the article ACTUALLY said: 

NY magazine wrote an article about how Blake Lively is becoming a big star in Hollywood, mentioning that Warner Bros gave her the leading female role in "Green Lantern" after her amazing audition for "The Town."

The magazine went to an unnamed Hollywood manager to find out what insiders are saying about the actress and in the process learned that "Green Lantern" is being considered a disaster around town.

The manager mentioned that Lively has nothing to worry about despite the fact that "Green Lantern" may be a flop since "it's been a troubled production."

An agent then added: "Even though 'Green Lantern' is supposed to be terrible, it doesn't mean it's not going to do extremely well and enhance her foreign value. 'Clash of the Titans' was horrendous, but it didn’t slow down Sam Worthington any."

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=20354&count=0#ixzz1BPRUIiin    
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Martian

This movie's gonna be CRAP

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Jake Fury said:
    "

NY magazine wrote an article about how Blake Lively is becoming a big star in Hollywood, mentioning that Warner Bros gave her the leading female role in "Green Lantern" after her amazing audition for "The Town."

The magazine went to an unnamed Hollywood manager to find out what insiders are saying about the actress and in the process learned that "Green Lantern" is being considered a disaster around town.

The manager mentioned that Lively has nothing to worry about despite the fact that "Green Lantern" may be a flop since "it's been a troubled production."

An agent then added: "Even though 'Green Lantern' is supposed to be terrible, it doesn't mean it's not going to do extremely well and enhance her foreign value. 'Clash of the Titans' was horrendous, but it didn’t slow down Sam Worthington any."

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=20354&count=0#ixzz1BPRUIiin    
    "
    I don't see how that equates to what the OP is saying.... methinks there was a leap in judgement.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Magian

I don't generally trust movie reviews.Most of the times I disagree completely with them. Even though I didn't really like what I have seen so far, I want to be optimistic about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    "

"
    I don't see how that equates to what the OP is saying.... methinks there was a leap in judgement. "

Exactly.
    Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Backflip

This isn't a review, its just stating that it doesn't look like it'll be great. Its a matter of opinion, and frankly, purely gossip. The artical lacks true credability.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By queenfrost_
    @LightBright said:
    " I don't have really high hopes for this movie at the moment. :( "
    QFT
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#18  Edited By Dracade102
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " I hope for the best but am expecting a flop "
    Same here. -_-
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By karrob
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    "

"
    I don't see how that equates to what the OP is saying.... methinks there was a leap in judgement. "
    Exactly. "
    Yep!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Okay, so ONE guy says something and everybody freaks? Really???? No wonder DC's afraid to get Wonder Woman up in the air....their fans freak out at the first random article. I mean really, at least give them something for at least TRYING to give the fans what we ask for and demand of but when finally get whine about because they ACTUALLY gave him the mask JUST LIKE it is in the comics, I mean seriously......

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Video_Martian
    @War Killer said:
    " Okay, so ONE guy says something and everybody freaks? Really???? No wonder DC's afraid to get Wonder Woman up in the air....their fans freak out at the first random article. I mean really, at least give them something for at least TRYING to give the fans what we ask for and demand of but when finally get whine about because they ACTUALLY gave him the mask JUST LIKE it is in the comics, I mean seriously...... "
    Dude, you have to admit, both the mask and the trailer looked like CRAP =P 

I'm honestly more excited for Thor & Captain America to come out instead of this garbage...
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @mr.obvious said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " Okay, so ONE guy says something and everybody freaks? Really???? No wonder DC's afraid to get Wonder Woman up in the air....their fans freak out at the first random article. I mean really, at least give them something for at least TRYING to give the fans what we ask for and demand of but when finally get whine about because they ACTUALLY gave him the mask JUST LIKE it is in the comics, I mean seriously...... "
    Dude, you have to admit, both the mask and the trailer looked like CRAP =P  I'm honestly more excited for Thor & Captain America to come out instead of this garbage... "
    Actually no, I don't have and won't because I actually like what I have seen. And saying the movie is crap after ONE trailer, really seriously? I mean COME FREAKIN' ON PEOPLE! Give DC a chance at least! Were Batman Begins and The Dark Knight epically amazing movies? YES. So why is everyone so freaked out about Green Lantern? Because they ACTUALLY gave him his mask....as in the mask he wears in the comics, which in other words means they actually STAYED TRUE TO THE COMICS? They did? THAT'S HORRIBLE! WE SHOULD BOYCOTT THIS MOVIE RIGHT NOW FOR ACTUALLY BEING TRUE TO THE COMICS!!!!

Do you see where I'm going with this? From Thor, to Captain America, and now to Green Lantern. Both Marvel and DC are working their butts off in trying to give use the comic book movies we ask and beg for, and when they finally do, what do they get? "Oh, this looks like crap", "This movie will bomb.", "The suit looks lame!", "Oh that mask looks so stupid! This movie sucks!!!", and it goes on and on and on.....I mean really, you know I may not be most geekiest person around, people may know more about comics than I do, but honestly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that most comic readers are spoiled, yes spoiled. And don't get me wrong, I'm in the same boat, I've thrown my criticism around plenty of times. But still, people are really getting up in arms because Hal Jordan is wearing a mask in this movie, I mean people are going as far as to saying this movie will suck because of JUST the mask. Same thing with Thor, "Oh, he's not wearing his helmet in this one part.....fail", or Captain America, "Flame On! ...Oh wait, wrong hero: Epic Fail!" I mean the list just goes on.

And the irony is that the same people will say these things and then when we hear that Wonder Woman won't be getting a show people start calling DC lame for being afraid to do that, and it's these same people who are the REASON DC is afraid to do these things!

Will Green Lantern be a good movie? I have no clue. Why? BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET, I've seen one trailer, so what, does that somehow instantly makes me a comic book movie wizard? Yes this movie could be a big bomb OR it could be the next Batman franchise, but we won't know until the movie comes out and NOT by what ONE freakin' article says.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PowerHerc

I hope the Hollywood Agent is wrong.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @War Killer said:
    " @mr.obvious said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Dude, you have to admit, both the mask and the trailer looked like CRAP =P  I'm honestly more excited for Thor & Captain America to come out instead of this garbage... "
    Actually no, I don't have and won't because I actually like what I have seen. And saying the movie is crap after ONE trailer, really seriously? I mean COME FREAKIN' ON PEOPLE! Give DC a chance at least! Were Batman Begins and The Dark Knight epically amazing movies? YES. So why is everyone so freaked out about Green Lantern? Because they ACTUALLY gave him his mask....as in the mask he wears in the comics, which in other words means they actually STAYED TRUE TO THE COMICS? They did? THAT'S HORRIBLE! WE SHOULD BOYCOTT THIS MOVIE RIGHT NOW FOR ACTUALLY BEING TRUE TO THE COMICS!!!!  Do you see where I'm going with this? From Thor, to Captain America, and now to Green Lantern. Both Marvel and DC are working their butts off in trying to give use the comic book movies we ask and beg for, and when they finally do, what do they get? "Oh, this looks like crap", "This movie will bomb.", "The suit looks lame!", "Oh that mask looks so stupid! This movie sucks!!!", and it goes on and on and on.....I mean really, you know I may not be most geekiest person around, people may know more about comics than I do, but honestly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that most comic readers are spoiled, yes spoiled. And don't get me wrong, I'm in the same boat, I've thrown my criticism around plenty of times. But still, people are really getting up in arms because Hal Jordan is wearing a mask in this movie, I mean people are going as far as to saying this movie will suck because of JUST the mask. Same thing with Thor, "Oh, he's not wearing his helmet in this one part.....fail", or Captain America, "Flame On! ...Oh wait, wrong hero: Epic Fail!" I mean the list just goes on.  And the irony is that the same people will say these things and then when we hear that Wonder Woman won't be getting a show people start calling DC lame for being afraid to do that, and it's these same people who are the REASON DC is afraid to do these things!  Will Green Lantern be a good movie? I have no clue. Why? BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET, I've seen one trailer, so what, does that somehow instantly makes me a comic book movie wizard? Yes this movie could be a big bomb OR it could be the next Batman franchise, but we won't know until the movie comes out and NOT by what ONE freakin' article says."

QFT.
    ld12278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By ld12278
    @RedheadedAtrocitus:  I agree; I'm a die-hard GL fan, but I did not like how they are using Blake Lively as Carol Ferris. Seriously, if I were to pick anyone to play the queen of the Star Sapphires, Blake Lively would be my last choice. Also, the CGI suit has had to take time to get used to, but I still have high hopes and plan to be the first to go see it in my area.
    Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By Misterwizz

Sounds bogus!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me thus far, the only redeeming quality of this entire movie will be Sinestro, because he seems AWESOME. Everything else...eh.  I'm still going to go watch it and everything...but at this point I'm just hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised. 
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#28  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Everything  Blake Lively touches turns to crap
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jordanstine
    MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MutenRoshi

Ryan might have been miscast but IMO the biggest problem was meddling from Geoff Johns and a really lame script

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.