Follow

Guardians of the Galaxy

Team » Guardians of the Galaxy appears in 1116 issues.

The first published Guardians of the Galaxy was a team of freedom fighters in the 31st century. The name was later used for the team Star-Lord formed to deal with galactic-level threats in present day. The present day team's name was influenced by a member of the 31st century team who had time traveled to the present.

Guardians of Infinity #1

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well this looks interesting; especially with Dan Abbnet at the helm. I don't know much about Carlo Barberi's art style, though.

• The series is written by Guardians fan favorite Dan Abnett, and features art by Carlo Barberi
    • Guardians of Infinity stars characters from Guardians 3000,as well as characters like Drax, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot from the modern team. In addition, the series will introduce a brand new team, the Guardians 1000.
    • The series’ opening story arc will see all three versions of the Guardians of the Galaxy teaming up for cosmic adventure.
    • Each issue will feature a backup story by top Marvel Comics talents. Guardians of Infinity #1 kicks it off, with a Rocket Raccoon and The Thing team-up story by Jason Latour and Jim Cheung.
    No Caption Provided

I don't know about you guys but I'm tentatively optimistic that this going to be a good book.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This sounds great!

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: No kidding, my initial response was "is this some kind of fan work? Sounds way to good to be true."

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I hope everybody who complains about Bendis Guardians gets this

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've any idea what books Barberi has drawn before? I'd be interested in seeing his art style. The cover looks neat but I'd like to see his panel layout an such.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sinikettu

You know what would be neat? If Abnett could use this book to finally tell the Jack Flag-storyline in GOTG V.2 that was never finished. The one where he was revealed to have something very special, a fate ahead of him that he would be "the one".

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had such high hopes for this book when it came out... But with Abnett leaving for DC and the book having only average sales and no writer announced, I doubt it will be continued beyond it's tenth issue.

Hermeticus seemed like an interesting villain and the GOTG-1K were an interesting new cosmic-group with a decent fleshing out -miles ahead of the two "Guardian villains" Bendis has introduced.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.