Follow

Green Power Ring

Object » Green Power Ring appears in 3238 issues.

The power ring of a Green Lantern is the source of power and a badge of authority for almost every member of the Green Lantern Corps. It is fueled by willpower.

What Ring would you give to a non Super Human?

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Resonate

damn you Methos, the thread was fine from her lol

Avatar image for renegade_lantern
    Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Renegade Lantern

Honestly, I'd like Tim Drake to have a power ring

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Resonate

Renegade Lantern says:

"Honestly, I'd like Tim Drake to have a power ring"

that would be kinda cool...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Methos

right...

Captain America i can see wielding a Blue one effectively...

Batman is more Yellow than anything else

Professor X - Indigo

M

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Assimilation2

Post Deleted.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

Assimilation2 says:

"how do we know that. Has there been a black ring yet. If not, that sounds like something bowered by despair."

Green = Willpower

Yellow = Fear

Red = Hate

Blue = Hope

Violet = Love

Indigo = Compassion

Orange = Avarice (Greed)

Black = Death

M

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By speedlgt

couldnt wolverine wield a red ring!

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Black ring for Mr. Immortal!

Methos says:

"Batman is more Yellow than anythingM"

Batman was offered a yellow ring in GL #17, but managed to fight it off.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Batman was offered a yellow ring in GL #17, but managed to fight it off."

yeah, i remember, i was just thinking i can't see him using any other type of ring effectively...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"He has used a green ring in alternate universes. After all, what's Batman without willpower?"

and in the mainstream DCU he can't use a Green ring, he's tried a few times and can't get it to work well enough for him.

M

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

He has used a green ring in alternate universes. After all, what's Batman without willpower?

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I think that's just because he has issues with Hal. He doesn't get on with most GLs come to think of it.

Bob-A-Ferret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bob-A-Ferret

Pre-crisis pre John Stewart he actually received a ring and he told the Guardians who offered it to him and I quote "thank you I accept however I will not wear it at this time as as I have another mission to complete first. But if there ever comes a time I will become one of your heralds but on my terms. Until then I will keep these safe." He turned and walked deeper into the Bat-cave presumably it is still in the cave in a secure location for future use.

Also about that same time Hal made everyone in the League a ring to use in case of emergency. Oddly this must still be part of continuity as both GA and Superman have mentioned it recently. Apparently no battery is with any of these rings and they only have one charge so don't know what to say. Ollie is the only one who has used the ring and as far as I am aware it is out of power. But again Batman received one of these and in the issue put it in his utility belt. So I would suspect that Batman has at least the 2 rings, and one Lantern in the cave somewhere.

As far as the theory that he has been unable to use them has nothing to do with his relations with the GLCorps.

He likes Hal at this time and even envy's Hal a little. It was not until Parallax that Batman got pissed off at Hal. Batman and John have had arguments I grant but Batman respects John. As for Guy well they don't get along Batman barley thinks guy should have a ring and doesn't think much of guy on any level. Batman likes Kilowog alot and even offered him work with Wayne tech but was equally happy he was turned down and that Kilowog went to work for the Russian gov. He kind of has mixed feelings about Gnort like most people he sees Gnort as Loyal but doesn't know if he is a good choice for an officer. But he likes him all the same. Batman's view On Kyle seems to be that he is a respectable replacement for Hal and that the kid is one of the good ones. However he is more wary of Kyle due to his experiences with Hal and the whole Parallax issue. Recently When Hal offered Batman the opportunity to feel the power of the ring Batman gained a realization of how difficult it really is to wield a ring apparently it was the first time he ever wore one. And he found it was more difficult than he had thought and told Hal that he had gained a little respect back and that he was actually glad Hal had returned. However he did mention to Hal that he did have the ability to stop him if he ever went rouge again I think referring to the ring from decades ago.So this theory is pathetic.

It is more likely that all ring bearers have to wear the ring for a period before the become adjusted to it and understand it my references for this I site Kyle's ability to wield the ring grows with in about 48 hour though he was able to use it almost immediately he had trouble concentrating to make it work. Same is true of John. Hal seems to have let the ring control actions for several weeks before he gained control. And when the yellow ring went to Batman's finger it was about to program his mind and instruct on how to use it when he repelled it do to exposure to a Green Lantern ring. So it is my understanding that the ring has to teach the user in its use and that the green lantern ring does so slowly while the Sinestro Yellow ring does it by force.
    Post Edited:2008-04-10 17:53:12

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.