Follow

Green Power Ring

Object » Green Power Ring appears in 3238 issues.

The power ring of a Green Lantern is the source of power and a badge of authority for almost every member of the Green Lantern Corps. It is fueled by willpower.

Waxing in Green Lantern Conjecture

Bob-A-Ferret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bob-A-Ferret

So I have been noticing a lot of  interesting thoughts lately about the GLs and for that matter all the corps out there. And I have to say there is alot of interesting conjecture, philosophies and ideas out there and though it has no bearing on the comic I have a few ideas I would like to hear opinions on.

So lets start with a few big ones on my mind
    1st up  so far we know that 3 of the lanterns are powered by entities of power beings who emulate a specific power and make it possible for the power batteries to work. Ion the giant space whale shark that powers the Green Lantern Battery. Parallax the great fear monster (that looks an awful lot like the monster in Cloverfield) that powers the Yellow Lanterns.  and the Anti-monitor a being who represents annihilation of life and is the living embodiment of the antilife equasion, which powers the Black Lantern. So do the other Lanterns have similar entities and if so what could they be? 

Now remember that in the instance of the Anti Lanterns power battery that the Qwardians built (which worked on black light hmmm) that there was a flaw once the soldiers placed a ring on their finger and activated it they had 24 hours of life before they burned up.  Could this be the result of not having an entity inthe battery? Is that the same Black power battery as the one the Anti-monitor now resides in?

Now for the 2nd thought. Each battery is representive of some primal need that are emotionally tied.

Green :Channel pure willpower
    Blue:Shown to symbolize hope.
    Indigo :fueld by compassion.
    Red:Channel Rage
    Orange :based off of Avarice or greed.
    Violet:embody love
    Yellow :
    Channel pure fear
    Black : Latch to the dead So I figure Souls death corruption I am still waiting to understand this one better

These we all know and we are learning more about. But this is all in preperation of the blackest night story line. But could there be more? I note that Rage and Greed are representing but where is the rest of the 7 deadly sins where is Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, Pride, and Envy?  (Lust may be represented as that seems more what Violet/Star Sapphires seem to represent to me more than love but thats niether here nor there.)   And what of the 7 heavenly virtues again we have a few represneted  Green would beLiberality: purist of Will ,Indigo is obviously Kindness or charity, Blue would be Patience: purist of peace, But then we would be missing Humility Dilegence Charity and Valour. and then if you got into the 8th sin and virtue  Black may represent corruption but then Justice would need represntaion.

What you think this sounds lame that these sins and virtues have no merit in the Lantern universe? Well okay lets review each one.

Sloth Sounds like a lame power but it was originally the sin of despair and saddness. hmmm out that ring on the nearest Goth and tell me you are not afraid for your life. really then imagine Raven of the teen titans weilding a Gl ring for a minute. I'd be a bit worried.
    Lust If not represented would be intriguing to say the least. I mean think of being attacked by a light construct of a thosand women/men who want to rape you. Your not scared yet okay then you obviously don't think Ted Bundy Or Jack the Ripper where bad.
    Gluttony yeah this sounds like a weak one to right. You know caniballism is frowned upon by most cultures but whos to sayyou are not friends with Hannibal Lector.
    Envy much like gluttony but how many times has giving someone everything they want in comics overloaded them and destroyed them, is that not nefarious?
    Pride The original sin the one that is the cause of the rest so there for the strongest one right?how would it work as ring  Well lets put it this way I see flashes nemisis ZOOM 2 as a good example thinking they are better versions of the original and preverting that until they are a dark reflectionof the original.
    Humility  purist of Modesty these guys are multi entities more than one mind in the same body like firestorm or Nova and only in unison and humility can they work.
    Dilegence purist of Ethics zealous precission machine likecalculator oracle batman are perfect examplesif given a ring
    Charity purist of giving, nobelI see these guys as the clean up squad after a disasterwilling to do anything to fix problems
    Valour :
    Pursuit of Courage and Knowledge the thing Superman strives for and falls short ofWhat batman unintentially is and denies to be Spiderman is another example of this as is Wolverine and Captian America (Yeah wrong universe and company still perfect examples) add a ring and wow tough act to follow
    Justice  This one would be hard to call as this means alot of different things to different people.so I would have to put more thought into this one.

So now we see more options for lanterns and ring bearers but what colors would they be? I mean the 8 we have now represent the colors of the rainbow and shadow. are theyshades of the original 8 or what are they?

ANd now for my last question why are there no Lanterns in the legionares or the legion of superhero time frame? I mean come on all we ever get for that question is the are forgotten or lost to history or they are not in this sector etc. etc. etc. So where are they?What happened? 

So come on guys lets play with these questions what do we have?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.