Follow

Green Power Ring

Object » Green Power Ring appears in 3238 issues.

The power ring of a Green Lantern is the source of power and a badge of authority for almost every member of the Green Lantern Corps. It is fueled by willpower.

Should Indigo be compassion?

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By White Phantom

I was thinking, compassion is fairly similar to love, which powers Violet rings. So why aren't Indigo rings powered by something else, like courage?

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
    Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Blue Lantern 2814

White Phantom says:

"I was thinking, compassion is fairly similar to love, which powers Violet rings. So why aren't Indigo rings powered by something else, like courage?"

Green rings are powered by courage.

Compassion is not love, it's goodwill. It's kindness to others.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"White Phantom says:
    "I was thinking, compassion is fairly similar to love, which powers Violet rings. So why aren't Indigo rings powered by something else, like courage?"

Green rings are powered by courage.

Compassion is not love, it's goodwill. It's kindness to others."

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By White Phantom

No Green Rings are will. Yes courage is similar to will, but compassion is similar to love

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Compassion may be similar to love, but it isn't the same thing. Like BL said, Compassion is goodwill. Kindness. Someone can love something but not be kind at all. The same can be reverse, where someone can be kind, but doesn't love anything.

So yes, Indigo should be Compassion. I don't know what other emotion it could possibly be.

Jigme Tharchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Jigme Tharchin

The emotions of the colors balance each other. Rage(hate)/Red and Love/Violet balance each other at the far ends of the spectrum. Next we have Orange and Indigo balancing each other since Avarice is wanting things for yourself and Compassion is wanting things for others. Yellow and Blue balance because Fear makes you want to stay away from something and Hope is wishing for things. Finally we have Green in the center representing the ability to overcome the effects of emotions (although Fear is the one specifically mentioned by the GL rings).

This is in the simplest terms. Postive emotions on one side, negative on the other.

Bob-A-Ferret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Bob-A-Ferret

Jigme Tharchin says:

"The emotions of the colors balance each other. Rage(hate)/Red and Love/Violet balance each other at the far ends of the spectrum. Next we have Orange and Indigo balancing each other since Avarice is wanting things for yourself and Compassion is wanting things for others. Yellow and Blue balance because Fear makes you want to stay away from something and Hope is wishing for things. Finally we have Green in the center representing the ability to overcome the effects of emotions (although Fear is the one specifically mentioned by the GL rings).This is in the simplest terms. Postive emotions on one side, negative on the other."

I concur 120%I do think we are forgetting Black however which is death so Indigo might be life of this I am waiting to see. So I reserve judgment, another possibility is that we are missing a lantern or the all combine to become yet another lantern color I don't know speculating alot at this junction on the subject.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.