Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

So if Kyle is a White Lantern, what about Swamp-Thing? (Spoiler)

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Then

During Blackest Night, the Black Lanterns were on the verge of winning by taking over the greatest heroes in the universe, until the white Lantern entity appeared, giving them the power needed to defeat the Necron,

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Later In Brightest Day, a SwampThing was corrupted by nekron and was threatening earth, so Alec (the man whose memories had passed on to swampthing) was resurrected as the new swampthing to combat it, but he was also made into the new White Entity as the old one was dying.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Now

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

A Guardian sent rings from various corps to Kyle in order to have him channel all the emotions of the various crops. The first attempt didn't last long, all but his green ring was destroyed by the partial transformation, except the orange ring which turned out to be a living construct. The transformation left his ring charged with residual powers of the other emotions though. After a lot of training Kyle learned how to use all the powers of the colored Lantern Corps and has finally reached white Lantern status.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'm wondering if we well see Swamp-thing associated with the White Lantern Entity again? Any thoughts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay that is odd, the first attempt didn't come out right at all. Any Lantern fan interested in how Kyle's new White Lantern Powers related to Swampthing?

Rezn0ir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rezn0ir

It does pose an interesting question to say the least. I wouldn't count anything out just yet, but I would be surprised rather he was, or wasn't either.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

I'd guess Swamp Thing's no longer the White Lantern Entity, post 52. Seems more likely to me that they'll say the White Lantern Entity incubated in Swamp Thing, then resurrected itself, if it's mentioned at all. More likely it'll be treated as "Kyle mastered all the Lantern Powers! Now he is the White Lantern! With Hal and Sinestro trapped in the Land of the Dead, which of them will become the new Black Lantern to oppose him?!" Etc. Either that or after all this is over, Kyle will burn out the other Lantern powers and be dropped back to Green Lantern status.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rezn0ir:

Yeah, I guess its one of those things we have to wait and see, but, this was not supposed to be affected by Flashpoint, to my understanding. I liked the concept of white entity Swampthing. Him and Kyle could co-exist like Ion and the Green Lanterns.

@JonSmith:

Yeah, it could be a temporary upgrade. I'm not sure where they could go with this in the long run if he always had this ability. I think Hal becoming a Black Lantern would work, but hope Volthoom also comes into play as a challenge.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bogey

I don't think we will see a connection once more since Swamp Thing is stuck in Rot World.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bogey: I"m confused, is that another dimension or is that a different timeline he is in right now?

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bogey

@drgnx: Rot World happens one year in the future

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bogey: Ah okay. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.