Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2496 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Reynolds' head/body ratio and other failures

Bobzenub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By Bobzenub
    No Caption Provided

Just saw Green Lantern the Extended Cut.

There are two options:

a) As I've got older, I slowly stopped enjoying simple yet entertaining things, which would be contradictory to my latest tendencies of getting more into comic books, pulp fiction and cheap exploitation movies.

b) This was just an overpoduced, yet somehow boring flick filled with amateurish filmmaking mistakes, like the flashback to a scene which happened like 15 minutes ago, pointless cutaways and jump-cuts and of course the giant headed Reynolds when he confronts the Guardians (the quality of CGI is like a rollercoaster throughout the whole movie).

What a waste...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

There have been around 500 "lets bitch about the GL movie" threads do we need another?

Bobzenub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bobzenub

@joshmightbe: The mods decide. I hoped someone will enlighten me that the theatrical version, which I haven't seen, is actually better or at least bearable.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@Bobzenub: It'd be great if you were high but if you're not into that then I don't suggest it

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Adnan

Even the extended cut was bad? I was hoping it'd be like the Daredevil Extended Cut...

Bobzenub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bobzenub

@Adnan: I cannot really compare the two, only rented the EC. On it's own merits, the movie fails because it's bad editing and even though it clearly had a tight concept behind it, the story was like a sandcastle on a beach: constantly falling apart, yet somehow kept together, but in the end, it was just a ruin. As an adaptation it wasn't that bad, as a fan of the Green Lantern comic books I even felt entertained at some parts, but not enough to feel satisfied when the credits rolled.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@joshmightbe said:

There have been around 500 "lets bitch about the GL movie" threads do we need another?

YEAH REALLY

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Martian

This movie sucked ass.

Poontanglife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Poontanglife

@Bobzenub: It was kinda financial wastefull movie, i still believe if they played it smart (well thats easy to say in hindsight) that they could have made it work.

Like i still dont understand why the hell they used 100% cgi for his suit... why not make a real suit and then pimp it a little bit afterwards with some cgi here and there and then use some of that money on more action, more scenes on OA, more fights etc. I would also love to have had a cameo of John Stewart or something.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Onemoreposter

@joshmightbe said:

Yes, because I haven't bitched yet.

MAN THIS MOVIE WAS LAME.

Ok, this can be the last one.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By the_tree

The plot would've been way better if they didn't shoehorn Parallax into the movie.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

It was a bad movie nuff said, do we really need to drag the man's head into this it seems like hitting below the belt....you know figuratively

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.