Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2496 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Jon Tenney Is Green Lantern's Daddy

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Surprisingly we haven't heard very much about Green Lantern lately. SuperheroHype is reporting that Jon Tenney (The Closer)  has been cast to play Martin Jordan, U.S. Air Force test pilot and father to Hal Jordan.

Tenny revealed that he would have time off in June from The Closer.

"The Closer's' letting me shoot off in June a little bit, and I'm doing a little picture called 'Green Lantern,' and that will be fun!

"Ryan Reynolds is the Green Lantern, and when he is a young boy, like 11, I'm his father. I'm Hal Jordan's dad. I'm very excited – it's incredible company."

I have a feeling he won't have a large role in the movie, if you're familiar with the character, you know why. It is good to see that they are getting an experienced actor rather than hire just anyone. My only concern is that the movie won't focus too much on Hal Jordan's origin. I understand why they would want to and have to show who Hal was before becoming a Green Lantern. We did just have the animated Green Lantern: First Flight last year. Unfortunately not all movie goers will have seen that movie before going to see this Green Lantern movie. Let's hope they make the origin brief but informative for those unfamiliar with Hal. I just want to see as much of Hal as a Green Lantern as possible.
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Moomin123

If you ask me, he looks a little young. But then again, he dies when Hal is a kid so it doesn't matter. 
    All in all, he seems good for the role.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By doordoor123

yep.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KRYPTON

I think the best person that would be Hal's mom would be Lynda Carter, the person that played wonder woman in the original TV show. 

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By NightFang3

This guy a good actor. He'll make us fall in love with Jon, then break are hearts when he die's.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Moomin123: He's 48 right now.
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mbecks14

GANTHET APPROVES
     GANTHET APPROVES
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bruce Vain

Pretty spot on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.