Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2502 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Fanboyism (Blackest Night 1 Spoilers... Kinda.)

MidKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By MidKnight

So I have totally gone super fanboy over Green Lantern lately, especially with all the news & hype buzzing around right now.  I'm stoked that Ryan Reynolds will be playing Hal Jordan, 100% happy with that choice.  Green Lantern is also one of the absolute best books out there right now IMO and Blackest Night #1 was so damn EPIC.

What is there not to like about the GL universe right now?  I know there are some people not digging it out there but I could care less honestly.  Biggest complaints I've heard lately is about Ryan Reynolds and about how he's too goofy, or not a serious enough actor to be GL.  Truth is though he is a GREAT actor and anyone who doesn't believe me should watch Smokin' Aces, The Nines, or Amityville Horror.  Granted one or two of these movies weren't good in and of themselves but Reynolds did tremendously well in them, as well as display his range for playing different types of roles. (And let's not forget what kind of character GL actually was in the Silver Age, and for christ's sake he's not that serious of a character, he thought Larfleeze looked like a god damn muppet!)

Oh and Blackest Night, I'm tired of hearing people complaint about issue #1.  I mean come on people it was a great issue and extremely well written.  Some complain the end was unnessacary and that the characters who died at the end were pointless deaths but in truth they were serving almost no point in the current continuity so why keep them around?  Besides I really hate one of them and was really hoping he'd die anyway. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
    there are quite a few Blackest Night threads here
    Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
    @King Saturn said:
    " there are quite a few Blackest Night threads here
    "
    What did ya expect its the biggest story of the year

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.