Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

10 Things that Geoff Johns Added to Green Lantern

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zeeguy91

Saw this posted on another site. Thought it would be good to post it here.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-things-geoff-johns-green-lantern-1.html

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sethysquare

I love Geoff Johns!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

Life to Hal Jordan again! Rebirth

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Veshark

Yeah, Johns undeniably revitalized Green Lantern and his mythology by expanding on various concepts and utilizing them in kickass stories. Some of his books are atrocious (Justice League), and he does tend to rely on a traditional superhero writing style, but Geoff Johns has my respect when it comes to GL.

Really hope he can do the same thing for Aquaman. If anyone in DC needs a career boost, it's the King of Atlantis.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By colonyofcells

The sci fi clone wars approach of Geoff Johns to GL has sold more GL books. I still prefer Hal to be based on earth and leave the space wars to other Lanterns in a Green Lantern Corps title.

The current Aquaman is still too similar to the pre flashpoint Aquaman. Aquaman needs more reboots to be ready for tv and movies. The last Aquaman tv pilot was not picked up and it was sort of stuck close to the water with Arthur curry working near the beach. I prefer Aquaman be more of a land superhero like Superman.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@colonyofcells said:

The sci fi clone wars approach of Geoff Johns to GL has sold more GL books. I still prefer Hal to be based on earth and leave the space wars to other Lanterns in a Green Lantern Corps title.

The current Aquaman is still too similar to the pre flashpoint Aquaman. Aquaman needs more reboots to be ready for tv and movies. The last Aquaman tv pilot was not picked up and it was sort of stuck close to the water with Arthur curry working near the beach. I prefer Aquaman be more of a land superhero like Superman.

well he is AQUAman. water kinda plays an important part. and f*(k the multiple reboots idea. by the time he gets "suitable" for movies most of the things that make him awesome and unique will be gone and we'll be stuck with some watered down (pardon the pun) generic shadow of Aquaman, same goes with many super-heroes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

11 - More colors of the rainbow than a bag of skittles.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Veshark

@colonyofcells said:

Not to derail this thread into an Aquaman one, but I just have a few points to make.

First off, I think that the problem isn't Aquaman sticking too close to the water. If Geoff Johns can balance his time between land and sea, much like the way he balanced GL in Earth and space, then I think it'll be just fine. Plus, as Aquaman, he should be more connected to the oceans and not be tied down to the ground. Also, I really don't think that the Aquaman pilot not being picked up is a good indicator of the character's comic-book popularity. GL's movie flopped, but his books and events still continue to sell.

Secondly, I don't think that the problem is with Aquaman's character himself. I think that the issue is his lack of supporting characters, mythology, good villains, and overall 'world'. One could make the argument that Johns didn't make Hal Jordan any more remarkable then any other superhero, but that he infused the Green Lantern world with so many great elements and characters and stories that the entire franchise thrived. You don't need a deep, conflicted character for every comic-book. Sometimes just putting a solid superhero into a fun plot can work wonders.

Overall, just my two cents.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colonyofcells

Having lots of color lanterns was a good idea altho tying them to emotions don't seem like good ideas. Will is not even an emotion. For the color yellow, I don't really associate it with fear but with Funshine Bear and happy is indeed an emotion.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Zeeguy91

@colonyofcells said:

Having lots of color lanterns was a good idea altho tying them to emotions don't seem like good ideas. Will is not even an emotion. For the color yellow, I don't really associate it with fear but with Funshine Bear and happy is indeed an emotion.

I'm pretty sure that the notion of yellow representing happiness was ruled out by the fact that Sinestro used a yellow power ring. You really expect that a supervillain would turn to the power of happiness??

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Raw_Material

Geoff Johns is a writing prodigy and legend in the comic world. Hats off to Johns and his impressive run on GREEN LANTERN. However, still in shock that he would actually leave the title behind!

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By SavageDragon

@ckuakini said:

Geoff Johns is a writing prodigy and legend in the comic world. Hats off to Johns and his impressive run on GREEN LANTERN. However, still in shock that he would actually leave the title behind!

Totally agree!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dondave

It's bad to see him go

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KnightRise

Thank you, BasedGeoff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.