Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4287 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Should Mia Dearden return to the New 52?

knightwing2036

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By knightwing2036

I would personally love her to come back :D

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

Yes

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aeroman

yes she should return

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't see why not.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CrimsonCake

It could make Green Arrow's book more interesting.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Catsnlynne

I say a big NO!!!!. Green Arrow doesn't need her holding him back. He does fine all by himself. He also doesn't need Black Canary. Why do people think that a male super hero or even a male villian needs a female to make them interesting?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By wessaari

I say within the next year or so it would be nice to see her come back and become speedy again. it has nothing to do with her being female, it has to do with himself relating to the people he serves. Mia, besides her training and expertise in vigilantism, is just another citizen trying to get by. I would love for Green Arrow to actually have some resemblance to his past, while staying unique and new. In that argument many would say well thats why we should not have Mia come back. Her is the thing, a character like Mia can be brought into a whole new different light, she isnt a robin, where all the robins exist and have some ties to Pre New 52. I glimpse Green Arrow whenever I can, and I gotta say I am not impressed. It is time for some hero or villian from Ollie's past to show up, these new characters and villians are just not working out. Also, if Mia is to come back, Oliver has to have a reason. Something important must happen to him before he takes on another partner. Things didnt go well with Roy, and I haven't had much word of him in the GA series besides the quick glimpse in #0. So, an allusion to Roy, Mia, or past hero would be nice, with influence from a past villain, in a situation where Oliver is in desperate means and comes out needing assistance or guidance.

joshlol44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshlol44

I think she could fit in. I always thought that the Speedy sidekick role could be famous like all the Robin's were. If she would return I would like her to maybe become her own heroine and maybe make place for a third Speedy?

Roy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Roy666

wessaari, Roy Harper has been featured in the new 52 series Red Hood and the Outlaws, where it tells us that after becoming a hopeless alcoholic oliver kicks him out and cuts him off from all of his money and resources. After trying to kill himself his new AA sponsor, killer kroc, helps him out of a deep depression and he joins up with jason todd and starfire. so with the standing position of the series right now it would be very interesting to see a new speedy come into place, mostly because i like seeing side kicks in series but also because liek wessaari mention THERE'S NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS NEW GREEN ARROW COMICS. They completely f**ked it up, the first five issues were decent but when they let Ann Nocenti start writing for it it went to the dogs, she's a horrible writer who does nothing but ruin every hero she has taken on and i don't see why people are allowing her to continue writing

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@roy666: Watch your language. Also, Nocenti hasn't been writing Green Arrow for months. Jeff Lemire is the current writer.

sockman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be quite honest, I am not familiar with Mia Dearden. But I think that Ollie could benefit from having a sidekick.

I'd love to see Artemis Crock brought to comics (separately of her brief appearance in Teen Titans; they could just create a new character who operates under the same name). I loved her in Young Justice and would love to see her in comics.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By noj

@roy666: Wow youre pretty misinformed arent you? Nocenti hasnt been on the book for around 1/2 a year now. Ever since Jeff Lemire took over the books been amazing.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

yes

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I feel like it might be an odd time, ollie just lost his company and is getting to know his half sister

maybe later, maybe after he gets a company going again and he sends to an ashram or place to train/find herself

then he finds mia or something, but i dont think the time is right

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Yes. But i rather have Connor Hawke . (Connor Hawke of Earth 2 doesnt count since he suposed to be Roy Macqueen)

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it could work

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.