Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4303 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

'ARROW' Will Stay True To The Comics

• 57 results
    Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

@Mbecks14 said:

Let's be real, not even the comics are true to the comics anymore

Mad real.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ThomasElliot

Just read a sidebar about this show in Geek magazine and its said that the show is based on Green Arrow: Year One. They also said they wanted a dark, serious show... so Oliver Queen here is a little more brooding. So basically they applied a Nolan coat of paint to a Green Arrow TV show.

Sounds good to me. I understand some more dedicated Green Arrow fans might not like those ideas.

Also, one of the producers of the show is comic book writer Marc Guggenheim, which can be seen as either a good or bad thing.

But I look forward to this.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I heard the show is not going to have any superpowers it is going to be very real. That is how they are going to be different from Smallville

It seems like a good idea to hold back on the idea of superpowers for a while. Let the world settle a bit and a rhythm get established and save superheroics for later in the game. Let Arrow develop as a character, get better at tackling run-of-the-mill threats and then get sidelined by something clearly meta-human.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Green ankh

I didnt like Smallville till Green Arrow started to pop up. And i am not so sure about this show. Give it a chance at least it won't cost me 4.00 to see if i like it or not.

aaunderoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By aaunderoath

@CitizenJP said:

I'm struggling to read my New 52 Green Arrow comics lol...they're uhmm...hard to get into at the moment. I'm trying to like it, anyways. But I am looking forward to the show. I hope it boosts my morale for this character.

right there with you buddy, reading the current series is like pulling teeth :/

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I am very excited about this tv show.

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Alton

@CaioTrubat said:

Still think Daredevil would have the same luck as TV series.

Still think Sabretooth would as well.

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Alton

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I heard the show is not going to have any superpowers it is going to be very real. That is how they are going to be different from Smallville

Remember, I said here to you a few months back that I thought they were going for more of a Highlander (minus the supernatural element) feel to start.Unfortunately that may not stay that way for long. Whiney fans will be driving everybody else crazy wanting the entire DC pantheon shoved in instead of enjoying a good adventure show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.