Follow

Grant Morrison

Person » Grant Morrison is credited in 1577 issues.

Grant Morrison is a Scottish comic book writer who burst onto the scene in the late 1980's as part of DC's "British Invasion". Morrison has become a living legend in the field of comics, writing such acclaimed works as New X-Men, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, All-Star Superman, JLA, Batman, Action Comics, and Multiversity.

Talking with the Gods

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost: I didn't see it, could you please elaborate on the Moore feud thing?

I think Morrison stands on that indelible line between genius and madness, he's only "mad" in the respect that he thinks on an entirely different level to most people.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost: Wow, that's pathetic. Yet another reason Morrison > Moore. 

Thanks for the info, Aztek :)
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5  Edited By cbishop

<sigh> The older I get, the more I think this kind of thing is petty and unprofessional...even if Moore probably deserved it.  Several of the bigger name guys in comics seem to be about a half bubble off to me.  Not because I hate 'em or anything - just because they're effing crazy; full of themselves a little beyond "healthy self-confidence."  I haven't read the issue, aztek', but I imagine it was quite the read.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#7  Edited By cbishop
    @aztek the lost: I assumed that the DP story was part of the feud you were referring to.  It's one thing when a story is done that is obviously a tribute to someone in the industry (Kirby, for instance), but when the story is used to take a jibe at someone in the industry - and make money off of it at the same time - that just seems wrong.  Plus, as a fan of nearly 35 years, those kinds of feuds usually mean that "there's another two creators who will never work together again."  That's kind of a drag sometimes.
    Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

:O

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

Wow. o_O

Avatar image for billyredneckname
    Billyredneckname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Billyredneckname

Not to start an agrument but what was the last truly awesome thing Alan Moore did?
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Caligula
    @Billyredneckname said:
    " Not to start an agrument but what was the last truly awesome thing Alan Moore did? "
    the Majority Moore's work is absolutely brilliant. the Man is crabby and self centered but he is a genius. He is a sociopath but all of the greats are. This includes Morrison. Both are in my favorite writers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.