Follow

Grant Morrison

Person » Grant Morrison is credited in 1578 issues.

Grant Morrison is a Scottish comic book writer who burst onto the scene in the late 1980's as part of DC's "British Invasion". Morrison has become a living legend in the field of comics, writing such acclaimed works as New X-Men, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, All-Star Superman, JLA, Batman, Action Comics, and Multiversity.

For people who hate Grant Morrison

Avatar image for squiresmadnessmachine
    squiresmadnessmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

if you are like me and you hate grant morrison and all the horrible things he has done to comic books lately here is the chance to let it all out..................... 

i wasted alot of money and time and searching for the whole final crisis saga especially those alternate covers and every book was good except the ones he wrote the main title was such a disapointment. plus this whole thing with batman my god could you ruin a comic character more? i dont think so even the infamous spider man clone saga wasnt this bad. 

we should banish grant morrison from comics forever maybe send him to a desert island with only all the crap he has wrote to read so he knows what he has done.  
    maybe he deserves worse

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Yay, another hate thread... 

Does it sound stupid if I say I hate hate threads?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @War Killer said:
    " Yay, another hate thread...  Does it sound stupid if I say I hate hate threads? "
    no, it's not stupid. 

Grant Morrison, without a doubt, one of the best writers of this generation. People hate him because they don't understand his writing. It's intelligent, not a giant string of fight scenes like many other writers.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @inferiorego said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " Yay, another hate thread...  Does it sound stupid if I say I hate hate threads? "
    no, it's not stupid.  Grant Morrison, without a doubt, one of the best writers of this generation. People hate him because they don't understand his writing. It's intelligent, not a giant string of fight scenes like many other writers. "
    I love his Batman and Robin, great book.
    Avatar image for squiresmadnessmachine
    squiresmadnessmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am not saying he isnt intelligent i am just saying he makes bad choices and doesnt know how to end a story good. 
    all hail geoff johns
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: 
    agreed 100%. this is the guy that did Animal Man!!!! to name just one off.
    Grant IS A LEGEND! 
    BTW: Joe The Barbarian...tasty!
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @CATMANEXE: i have joe the barbarian in my box, reading it on sunday... can't wait
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @squiresmadnessmachine: Geoff Johns will retcon you.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @squiresmadnessmachine: If you were born after 1989 you will be executed in Johns regime
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By johnny_spam

Grant Morrison is one of the better writers around and more creative ones.  If you don't like his work don't read. And if you don't like something then just bring it up if someone asks don't spend your time bashing things. I don't like Marvel comics not every post, blog or forum I make is dedicated to hating on them. It's also funny to say how much someone hates Grant Morrison then praise Geoff Johns when Johns is a big Grant Morrison fanboy he said his favorite series growing up was Morrison's Animal Man and he left Action Comics because when he read All Star Superman he said there was no way he could measure up.
    1eyejoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By 1eyejoker

The only comics Grant Morrison wrote which I enjoy are All-Star Superman and his Vampirella issues with Millar. WE3 and those three issues he wrote for Spawn were alright. Seven Soldiers was just disappointing. I truely hated Batman R.I.P. and everything that lead up to it. Remember that horrible issue 663 with the ugly prose and even uglier art? I could not even bother with Final Crisis, I just stuck with Johns' great Rogues' Revenge. Batman and Robin I'm on the fence about: the first three issues were good, the last three issues were not so good. I wasn't impressed with Joe. 

My brother read his entire run of New X-Men on his winter break and said it was okay, which for him means pretty good.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Vortex13

I love me some Morrison. Whether it be Jim or Grant.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Nighthunter
    @squiresmadnessmachine said:
    " i am not saying he isnt intelligent i am just saying he makes bad choices and doesnt know how to end a story good.
    could you make a better job?
    ~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
    " i wasted alot of money and time and searching for the whole final crisis saga especially those alternate covers and every book was good except the ones he wrote the main title was such a disapointment.   "
    Huh. I liked the main title..granted it's somewhat difficult to understand when you read it the first time.
    That said, Final Crisis: Revelations was a lot better.
    Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Harlekin
    @inferiorego said:
    " @War Killer said:
    no, it's not stupid.  Grant Morrison, without a doubt, one of the best writers of this generation. People hate him because they don't understand his writing. It's intelligent, not a giant string of fight scenes like many other writers. "
    It has to be because they don't understand it, not that they read it and formed a opinion base on there liking or disliking of what happen in the stories.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Vortex13

Wait a minute, haven't there already been a few I hate grant Morrison threads?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17  Edited By The_Martian

I love Morrison for the creation of Noh-Varr :)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By John Valentine
    " if you are like me and you hate grant morrison and all the horrible things he has done to comic books lately here is the chance to let it all out.....................   i wasted alot of money and time and searching for the whole final crisis saga especially those alternate covers and every book was good except the ones he wrote the main title was such a disapointment. plus this whole thing with batman my god could you ruin a comic character more? i dont think so even the infamous spider man clone saga wasnt this bad.  we should banish grant morrison from comics forever maybe send him to a desert island with only all the crap he has wrote to read so he knows what he has done.  maybe he deserves worse  "
    Did the owner of your local comic book store place a gun to the back of your head and order you to buy those Morrison issues? It seems rather silly to waste all of that time, money and effort in buying and reading something you abhor..... then complain about it on the internet by fabricating a rather weird punishment for a man who probably didn't actually upset your life too much.

How exactly did he ruin Batman? Batman  killed the god of Evil. 
    Avatar image for --defunct--defunct--defunct--d
    darkestknight2.0--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -8

@johnny spam:
    right on johnny  
    he is one of the best writers in the bis
    nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't understand what people think is complicated about Grant Morrison's writing, it is beautiful.

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I started off being one of his biggest advocates and a huge fan of his early work. I was telling other comic book fans in school about Grant Morrison and back then, nobody had a clue who he was. He was just seen as that "out there" writer.

As my Dad is good friends with Grant, he had all of Grants work usually before anyone else did. I grew up reading Doom Patrol and a few one shots by Grant Morrison which were all great.

However, lately I find all his work crap. I went through the entire comic line for "The Invisibles" and thought it was all a bunch of intellectual bullcrap.

I'm a big fan of the Batman franchise and was looking forward to reading Grant Morrisons run. I actually liked his run of the X men but I could tell he had no real passion for Batmans storylines. It was just the same old Grant Morrison trademark and he clearly just wanted to do his own thing. Bringing in Batgod? Introducing these daft characters from the Golden Age? Having Joker know Batman is Bruce Wayne?

I suppose Grant Morrison is like marmite (love him or hate him) because he's going to do only what HE wants.

Yes, you could say his storylines are intelligent and bla bla bla but he's just putting down what works for him. I'm currently reading the New 52 Superman in the Action Comics series and it all reeks of Grant Morrison. Him and his irritating time travel and mind bending multi dimensions. Eventually, it doesn't even feel like a DC comic and feels more like Grant stroking his own intellectual prowess again.

JynxTheMynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JynxTheMynx

@inferiorego: unfortunately it's all a matter of opinion. People think that Stephanie Meyer is a genius. Your opinion on this person and how amazing a writer he is is about as dirt cheap as squiresmadnessmachine's opinion is. He thinks Grant is shit. Many do. Because the choices he made. Perhaps a majority the world just doesn't understand op appreciate the writing of sparkly vampires, but millions of others do. I'm Not comparing Grant Morrioson to Stephenie Meyer, but I'm giving am example of an equally loved and hated author. No one is clueless or just aren't artsy fartsy enough because they don't like his choices as a comic writer. It's simply not something that agree with. I personally don't care for how he suddenly made an antihero like Talia a Looney toon that raped Bruce then killed her son that she raped him for...... where as, in the beginning Bruce knew Talia was pregnant... Damian was originally born and Talia simply lied to Bruce and told him she miscarried... but instead he made her a rapist evil mother. Yes...soooo genius. I simply don't understand this magingnficent work. Psh. Its all preference. An angsty angry robin that thinks villains need to be killed that was murdered then brought back to life.... hmm sounds a lot like Jason. Why did grant kill Damian to begin with. Why is a 10 year old KOing 400lbs men. People have reasonable complaints and hate. It has nothing to do with not understanding the genius that is Grant

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.