Follow

Goku

Character » Goku appears in 1424 issues.

The main protagonist and hero of the Dragon Ball manga series and animated television series created by Akira Toriyama. He is one of the survivors of the extinct Saiyan race. Sent as a baby to planet Earth in order to destroy it. When he arrived he was a violent kid, due to his warrior nature. However, he suffered an accident which made him lose his memory. He became a kind and calm kid. Trained, he became a talented martial artist and world's greatest defender.

What is the best Goku has ever done?(read OP)

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

What is the most Goku has ever lifted, because if "he has the strength to take one Superman" or "hulk", he should be strong, right(the truth is, he isn't that stronger than Aquaman)? What is his biggest feat period, that he does on a regular bases, not a one time thing.

I.A.T.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    This is for the Goku forum.
    GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By GTG12

He has lifted ann iceberg before.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@GTG12 said:

He has lifted ann iceberg before.

Really. "Well maybe he can take Superman"(SARCASM).

I.A.T.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GTG12

Quite easily i might add and in the same movie/episode carried like 30 people to safety which would be around like 4 to 5 thousand pounds.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@GTG12 said:

Quite easily i might add and in the same movie/episode carried like 30 people to safety which would be around like 4 to 5 thousand pounds.

Wow, Superman could never do that.

I.A.T.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GTG12

@Petey_is_Spidey:

He may have lifted more but I can't remember if he has. He usually doesn't throw stuff at people he usually punches them.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Primmaster64

Goku lifted a 6000 ton tree.

Gohan lifted a Jetliner.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By CODYSF

Dude I think is better to ask the people in Animevice they got more knowledge about this.

Thorion88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thorion88

Plus it's also remember to use actual feats, which means anime filler/movies shouldn't apply unless directly stating that Goku. Honestly at the most I remember Goku lifting was around 8-10 tons in base in the Otherworld on a planet, when South Kai up the weight to say 40 tons Goku couldn't budge until he went SSJ.

But this is a series where only a 1.25% or so difference in Power Level will determine whether or not a fight with either be a curbstomp or an even fight. And Akira Toriyama himself has stated their is a physical limit to his characters, yet their mastery over Ki allows them to overcome their limitations.

So take that as what you will.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

I have no Idea becauswe he can easily destroy a planet, and trained at 100 times the earths gravity in his normal form which would make him extremely strong when you think about it, added to the different levels he powers up to. The would be dangerous for anyone to face Marvel or Dc, depending on if he's acting silly or not, and you know how that usually turns out!

Yamata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yamata

Goku can lift over 400 tons in post form

Madkinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Madkinglord

@evilvegeta74 said:

I have no Idea becauswe he can easily destroy a planet, and trained at 100 times the earths gravity in his normal form which would make him extremely strong when you think about it, added to the different levels he powers up to. The would be dangerous for anyone to face Marvel or Dc, depending on if he's acting silly or not, and you know how that usually turns out!

Vegeta did 400 times earth gravity and that was before he was a SS so I wouldn't put it past Goku to do better in his base form let alone as a SS.

The DB universe is pretty consistent in power mostly due to it's basic structure, so with this logic Goku is Stronger than every person He's defeated.

Goku's abilities that are usually overlooked on this forum:

He has a Teleportation ability and most importantly he is a martial artist which means he knows how to do more than throw a punch and besides he can sense people, so I'm more interested in how Superman can Beat him.

MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrPuertillo

Now, he is not lifting he is friking shadow boxing(Remember the gravity in Kai planet is 10 higher than in earth). What's the best Superman can shadow box with??

Density makes that last cube impressively heavy. It's the hardest metal in the universe.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Primmaster64

That 40 tons thing is actually 400 tons.

Riiyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read someone say superman can't lift that much, thats an incredible lie. The current record of how much superman can lift is 200 quintillion tons if you don't know how large that is... 1.81437e23

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
    All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alright folks !! so Superman can beat Goku at weigth lifting, gooood for him. but it's still meaningless in a real fight. ask any professional boxer, he will tell you that what so ever you lift it doesn't help improve your punching powaaaaa :D

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lifting feats aren't that important striking feats are more IMO. 1 punch from Goku made this huge hole in King Kai's planet, which has 10x the gravity of the Earth.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@alcoholbob: the increased gravity would amp his striking power, not diminish it - because he has more mass

force = mass x acceleration

moreover, its an alien planet. we have no idea what the composition of it is, or the density etc

the feat is unquantifiable like most DBZ feats.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By alcoholbob

@fallschirmjager: Average density of a celestial body is directly related to gravity and radius of the body. How is that unquantifiable? You can only say you don't know density if the impact is limited to a local region, but the punch went through the entire planet, and so is subject to the average density of the planet, not the theoretical density of a single region of the body which you postulate might vary from the the density of another region.

This is as black and white as you can get with a striking feat.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@alcoholbob: If its so black and white tell me exactly how much force he generated.

I'll wait.

(side note, WTF COMICVINE. I had to type this 4 times...fix your bugs)

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By alcoholbob

Why? It's obvious takes more than 40 tons of force to generate that much, as anyone whose seen a cargo container (around 40 tons) fall on earth does not cause the Earth to collapse on itself and fall out the other side of the planet. I have no interest wasting time measuring pixels and then crunching numbers just to post a number to sate your curiosity since you'd have nothing constructive to say afterwards, let me guess, you would either dismiss my calculations or say my measurements were off some pixels and wrong? I've seen your passive aggressive dismissive argumentative style before, thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.