Follow

Gladiator

Character » Gladiator appears in 1017 issues.

Kallark, codenamed Gladiator, was once the Praetor of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, the most faithful servant of the Shi'ar throne. After the Shi'ar-Kree War, with the apparent death of Lilandra and Vulcan, Kallark is elevated to the position of Majestor by consensus of a desperate Shi'ar populace.

gladiator needs therapy

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

he could be a superman level guy if his ego wasnt so fragile, like when cannon ball beat him, apparently someone just being able to take a punch from him was enough to shatter his confidence there for making him weak. lots of people have taken punches from the hulk and juggernaut but it doesnt shake their confidence it just makes them more intent on beatin the sh!t out of whoever they hit. so maybe if gladiator would just relax abit hed be taken more seriously in the comics
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @joshmightbe: He's become a bit more serious of late after recent events in war of kings.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

yeah, i was going to say your kind of in the past tense there. and even then he's had rock solid fights in the past as well. its usually his defeats that are talked about more. that and he's usually the antagonist in most books so he kind of has to lose somehow.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @CATMANEXE: Sometimes people forget he's had the upperhand on Thor :D like in galactic storm!
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldthesloth: Thor hardcores just want us to forget. lol.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @CATMANEXE: This is true, not to mention the Imperial Guard is fairly obscure..so some writers don't exactly know what they're capable of
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

my point is on occasion his confidence is to easily shaken, i agree that he is a certified bad ass but some times hes just too sensitive. this is more of a writer issue i know but if hes fully aware that his conficence is his power source it doesnt make sence for him to be so easily shaken
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@joshmightbe:
    i agree.  this makes me doubt his ability to lead--though im sure that the writers of war of kings have changed all this to make him seem tougher. 
    Sniper Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sniper Jack

I think this is a fair point, but please remember that Cannonball didn't actually defeat Gladiator!!! He knocked him flying but seconds later Gladiator was standing behind him!!! The only time I remember him getting truly beaten due to his lack of confidence is in Fantastic Four #250, which was with the aid of Captain America and only after Gladiator had pummelled what he thought was Reed Richards with several punches, heat vision and then tried hitting him with a metal pillar!!! I guess as usual it comes down the writer, if you look at the comic where he fought against Supremor (think that's spelt right), after he punched him and it had no effect he was sent flying crashing into the ground but wasn't defeated!!!! So, I agree but future writers seriously need to ensure that they know their characters, I have found that this happens with a lot of the Shiar Imperial Guard characters. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.