Follow

Giganta

Character » Giganta appears in 360 issues.

A villainous vixen with the power to grow into a towering, incredibly strong giantess. She often comes into conflict with Wonder Woman.

Should Giganta be a hero?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justice teen

in Atom, when she went on a date she told atom she wants to reform. i love Giganta and i would love to see her as a hero fighting crime, like she did when her and wonder woman team up, but i wondering how will she react when she find out her boyfriend died, anyways would u love to see her as a hero
    Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkmount1

You may get your answer at some point in the current issues of Secret Six. Bane brings her onto his version of the team along with Dwarfstar, the guy who hired Deathstroke's Titans to kill Choi in the first place.  She did mention that she was dating him in a recent issue, causing Dwarfstar a bit of surprise....

Me, the way I see it, she should be something along the lines of a "darker shade of grey".  Take, for example, this: in a fanfic story I'm working on, she and the Enchantress (the Thor villainess) end up fighting Stature and Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) in the middle of a shopping mall.  The two manage to convince her that Amora is only using her, prompting her to throw the Enchantress into the central fountain. She also manages to get away.

retched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By retched
    @Darkmount1 said:
    "

You may get your answer at some point in the current issues of Secret Six. Bane brings her onto his version of the team along with Dwarfstar, the guy who hired Deathstroke's Titans to kill Choi in the first place.  She did mention that she was dating him in a recent issue, causing Dwarfstar a bit of surprise....

Me, the way I see it, she should be something along the lines of a "darker shade of grey".  Take, for example, this: in a fanfic story I'm working on, she and the Enchantress (the Thor villainess) end up fighting Stature and Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) in the middle of a shopping mall.  The two manage to convince her that Amora is only using her, prompting her to throw the Enchantress into the central fountain. She also manages to get away.

"
    I'm reading some issues I found... and I want to kind of say she already is a hero? Take into her account her recent encounter with Wonder Woman. She was in costume, yes. She was fighting, yes. But she called "time out" to explain herself to Wonder Woman (which if you want to get technical... is responsible for most of the failed turns... ANYWAY) In the end she started to actually fight alongside Wonder Woman. Which begs to ask... maybe she's already realizing she doesn't want her face beaten in by Wonder Woman every now and again. (Then again, I'm lost to the chronology of events among her appearances. Can anyone shed some light on this one?) 

If Atom is dead, maybe Giganta could do what she did in the JLU visit and try to do something to get Wonder Woman's attention... and then talk to her. Say that she wants to fulfill a promise she was willing to make with Atom. Then again, from what I'm also hearing Wonder Woman really has a short tempter. So maybe not this approach.
    Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

It would be a bit interesting.....especially if it ties back to the finale episode of JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED, where she and other villains team-up with the League against Darksied's forces....and kisses Flash/Wally for a brief moment....

master_wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By master_wright

Giganta is is a pretty cool concept. I think she could definetly fit in that villain looking for redemption trying to prove herself arc. Plus she'd kind of funny, maybe Amanda Waller puts her on Suicide Squad or as an undercover agent for one of the super heroes like Black Lightning.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Calvin

I loved to see her and the new boyscout atom! Best couple FTW. She would be a great not as your tipical superheroine, but as some sort of anti-heroine. We know she cares about good things like teaching kids, and the wellbeing of little animals... maybe she and Poison Ivy could team up and make a ECO FRIENDLIY TASK FORCE to keep the big corporations in their place. Maybe working in the grey area, fighting things most heroes aren't confortable fighting, and defending things villans just don't care about

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By a0040pc

I wanna see her as a hero rather than a villain any day of the week.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
    Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giganta as an hero? [or simply in her own book]

YES, that is a DC Book that I will buy! [No joking!]

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i think she'd make the perfect anti hero sometimes villain

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.