Follow

G.I. Joe

Team » G.I. Joe appears in 1182 issues.

G.I. Joe is America's elite fighting force. They are the best trained counter-terrorist team. The only defense against the villainous terrorist organization, Cobra.

"G.I. Joe: Rise Of The Cobra" SNEAK PEAK

• 64 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @zombietag: no, I think it looks pretty cheap, for an expensive film. I'm still going to see it. My advice, turn off your brain, pop some popcorn, and giggle when things explode
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By No_Name_
    Mr. Machine said:
    Looks good. My question is why would he take off his helmet while jumping off a skyscraper on to a ... [more]
    Because it's easier to take his helmet off than it would be to take off his shirt.
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By The Hottness

Snake Eyes better have more screen time then he had in the trailer!!!!

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By TheBug

The "nice shoes" line made me cringe. I'm not digging the storm trooper looking suits.

I will see this film for one reason and one reason only, Snake Eyes.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By johnny_spam

Undead!

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

The movie might not be that bad,remember when the first Transformers movie came out, people didn't think it was going to be a good movie.Then when people saw it they liked it.
    The same  thing could happen here.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#57  Edited By No_Name_
    Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
    The movie might not be that bad,remember when the first Transformers movie came out, people didn't think it was going ... [more]

I actually didn't really like Transformers much at all. The only good parts in that movie were scenes where I didn't have to see Shia Lebouf and Megan Fox. (i.e. I found myself distracted and yawning during scenes where there were people involved.) Great special effects. Poorly written script. Then again, I'm not part of the demographic which the film was targeted... ;)
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Babs said:
    Incredible Hulk-Prime said: The movie might not be that bad,remember when the first Transformers movie came out, people didn't think ... [more]
    I fell asleep during Transformers
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

i didn't realize this had iron man in it

aouric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By aouric
    @G-Man: Your right G-man, I think I would rather see option 1 than 2 also... Don't get me wrong everyone, I love brake dancing but not on special OPS soldiers. 

Plus I do agree Speedlgt that the look and feel of the trailer doesn't portray the JOES'  as we know from back in a day,  but if the actors nail the characteristics of each character it's obvious who they're portraying.

Then you can forget about the way they look if they don't meet your visual criteria... Remember it's a win lose situation sometimes. There's been a lot off movies that got the look of heroes and villains right but the story script and acting suck, so let's hope for the better for this movie.
    Shipwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Shipwreck

Anything is better than Wolverine right now. 

I'm reading the book that comes before the movie. I guess they are looking soildize film as alternate universe. So far, it's pretty decent. I haven't been able to collect or gather many GI JOE Comics. Not to many comic shops were I'm from. They are keeping a lot of the back ground the same it seems from research I did here and else on the web. they do mention SGT STRIKER and Snake-Eyes being on team togeher and what not. It does appear Hiss Tank's fear of Ripcord is real. He is a smart pants and rather funny in the book but his skills written as fighter are more than soild. I suggest you guys read the book, I wanna hear what you all have say about it. 
    Mr. Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mr. Nerd
    @logan48227:
    i agree with you the accelerator suit turned me off as well
    it slapped the taste out my mouth.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By danhimself
    shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Here's some fun news/rumor:
    http://www.movieline.com/2009/06/exclusive-paramount-source-says-stephen-sommers-still-on-gi-joe.php

Director Stephen Sommers was in hot water with the studio in part due to an ego the size of... Ego the living planet (slightly smaller than Michael Bay's), and in part due to GI Joe getting some of the worst test screening ratings in Paramount history.

In not so surprising, yet still wonderful news, Lorenzo de Bonerventura, the mad genius that gave us bat nipples in the Schumacher Batman movies, got kicked off the movie. He was also a producer on Transformers. For some reason failing horribly in Hollywood has only made this guy's career even better.

So the way this is looking, if you like the taste of paint chips, if you find Michael Bay movies too complex to follow, and if you think it'd be awesome to have a couple stoners that play too much Halo write an action movie with a huge budget, then GI Joe will be right up your alley.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.