Follow

G.I. Joe

Team » G.I. Joe appears in 1182 issues.

G.I. Joe is America's elite fighting force. They are the best trained counter-terrorist team. The only defense against the villainous terrorist organization, Cobra.

G.I. Joe: Resolute On DVD (Plus Free Comic Offer)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    Did you catch G.I. Joe: Resolute when it aired on Cartoon Network?  Hasbro is releasing a DVD for it on November 3, 2009.  G.I. Joe: Resolute showed us a grittier version of the Joes versus Cobra.  If you pre-order it at Amazon before its release date, you can also get a free downloadable comic that won't be offered elsewhere.

Here's the premise for Resolute:

G.I. Joe is a highly trained, classified special operations unit composed of men and women from around the globe. Officially, these warriors don't even exist. Few know the truth – that G.I. Joe fights a secret war, as the first and last line of defense against forces that seek to plunge our world into chaos. Wherever there's trouble, G.I. Joe is there. In G.I. Joe: Resolute, the raging battle between G.I. Joe and Cobra Commander has never been more intense. Every life is at stake... and even the good guys can die. All games end today…Now you know... and knowing is half the battle.

It has a running time of sixty minutes.  Amazon has it for only $13.99.  Check out a couple sample pages from the comic.  G.I. Joe: Resolute is nothing like the previous versions of the cartoons.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

UPDATE:

Here's a trailer you can check out:

And check out these cool storyboards that were sent over courtesy of Paramount:
    (Click to enlarge)
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By goldenkey

Was it any good, or was it hokey.  Basicly did people die in it.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

I@goldenkey: I watched some online (and maybe even embedded some here).  I think Cartoon Network was showing them on their site as well at the time.  What I saw was pretty cool.  Completely different than the original cartoon.  A little more realistic.  Less corny.

GeekVariety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GeekVariety

Resolute was amazing goldenkey. It was everything you could imagine GIJOE could have been if the 80's censors let people get killed. There are so many moments when you will literally lose your breath at what happens cause youll be like "HOLY CRAP DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?!" 

Its amazing, i wont spoil anything for you but it really is awesome. Hell it was written by Warren Ellis the man who brought credibility back to the Punisher so you know its gotta be good.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

About time, that series was amazing
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

Paramount sent over a video clip and storyboards.  Check out the original post!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I wonder if in the old school G.I. Joe storyboards you can actually read the instructions that say, "Despite all the gun fire no one can hit anything, but unmanned vehicles. Also, drivers must abandon a vehicle before it's even shot."?

grifter78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 159

#7  Edited By grifter78

Can't say enough good things about this.  It made the live action movie that much harder to forgive after seeing how bad ass G.I. Joe could really be with this offering.  Check it out.  I promise your jaw will drop several times.  The fight between Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes is brutal.

And yes, people die.

GeekVariety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GeekVariety

grifter pretty much anytime snake eyes is on screen is a jaw dropper, especially the first time we see him!!!!! HOLY LORD!!!!

Amazing Weird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Amazing Weird

The movie isn't Cheasy, but the music to this trailer sure was....

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Jotham

Oh, man. This movie was great. If you like G.I. Joe, or think you might like it you have to get this. I was sitting through the credits, stunned at how great it was and I saw it was written by Warren Ellis. Warren Ellis wrote this movie.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jotham

Oh, yeah I forgot. My one complaint is it's a Duke/Scarlett movie. So if you were a fan of the comics or Snake Eyes, it might tick you off. Other than that though, it's great.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

This is pretty cool, didn't know about it! Shame that the comic isn't physical, and that the series won't be released on Blu-ray.

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By waruikumo
    @grifter78 said:
    "It made the live action movie that much harder to forgive "

Heh, I still refuse to acknowledge the existence of the movie. My inner child screams bloody murder when i get close to netflixing it. And I think i had every toy between 1987 and 1993
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne

I went to buy this and my Hastings could not even find it on their computer to order it. >_>

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.