Follow

G.I. Joe

Team » G.I. Joe appears in 1182 issues.

G.I. Joe is America's elite fighting force. They are the best trained counter-terrorist team. The only defense against the villainous terrorist organization, Cobra.

Dennis Quaid Wants 'G.I. Joe' Sequel

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided
    Are you ready for a G.I. Joe sequel? Actor Dennis Quaid is! In fact, in a recent interview Quaid cited his excitement over the prospect of reprising the role of 'General Hawk.'

"I'm definitely on board if they do another one...I don't know if they have a script yet, but I'm definitely interested."

However, the actor does cite one condition! In an interview with SciFi, Quaid stated that he wants his character to see a lot more action in the upcoming film.

"I want to get out of the pit," says Quaid. "I want to ride a horse and shoot a gun. I want a horse with an accelerator suit."

I can completely see the accelerator suit, but the horse? Are you guys excited to see a sequel to 'G.I. Joe'? Do you think Stephen Sommers will manage to bring Dennis Quaid's horse on board without turning the 'G.I. Joe' sequel into a western?
    TheFlash29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFlash29

YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MrDirector786

I'm not so sure I like the idea for a sequel. There wasn't much left open after the end of the first movie.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

Why a horse?
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By speedlgt

I say yes. The film was entertaining it did have some Yo Joe feeling and moments. I think they should make another it only makes sense. The film did bettter than most though it would the cast was good I would have preffered wayans to be the character of Stalker cause Stalker is an important joe and ripcord is like well who is he anyway?  

I can even live with the halo suits and eveycharacter wearing black cause DAM YOU TIM BURTON thats the color every comic hero should wear (aka Clark in small ville)  
    but we really need the cobra hood or face plate for the commander.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bruce Vain

Oh I am certainly down for another Joe Movie. It was a hell of alot better than the Fallen.

This time on the Cobra side I like to see them bring in : Firefly,Tomax and Xamot (played by the Matrix Twins),Major Bludd, & bring back Dr.Mindbender.

For the Joes I like to see : Flint,Beachhead, Lady Jaye, Gung-Ho,Wild Bill, Barbaque, & I guess Shipwreck.

Avatar image for the_human_stain
    The Human Stain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Human Stain
    @sora_thekey said:
    " Why a horse? "
    Because he might look a little silly on a pony.
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Moomin123

I never watched the movie. But I heard it was good. I bet the sequel will be just as good.
    Avatar image for high_revolutionary
    High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie was alot better than expected. 

A sequel should be good.  Just re-do the Cobra commander look to be the same as either of the classic looks and I'm game.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By speedlgt
    @Bruce Vain said:
    "

Oh I am certainly down for another Joe Movie. It was a hell of alot better than the Fallen.

This time on the Cobra side I like to see them bring in : Firefly,Tomax and Xamot (played by the Matrix Twins),Major Bludd, & bring back Dr.Mindbender.

For the Joes I like to see : Flint,Beachhead, Lady Jaye, Gung-Ho,Wild Bill, Barbaque, & I guess Shipwreck.

"

dude whats up with the I guess shipwreck part?! shipwreck is an awsome joe he was the all bu the main character of the cartoon next to duke and flint!  

I think thye really should look carefully at the joes and choose the IMPORTANT ones
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @speedlgt said:
    "@Bruce Vain said:
    "

"
    dude whats up with the I guess shipwreck part?! shipwreck is an awsome joe he was the all bu the main character of the cartoon next to duke and flint!   I think thye really should look carefully at the joes and choose the IMPORTANT ones "

Ha ha ha I'm sorry I was just never really  a big Shipwreck fan that's all. I mean I don't dislike him or anything. I just personally don't find him that significantly important , but to the other fan's of G.I. Joe I know he is to them. So that's why I said I guess Shipwreck ha ha.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By jefprice

Yoooooooooo Joe!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I am not excited to see the first G.I. Joe movie. I'm waiting for the DVD to come out, and I mainly just want to see Snake Eyes.
    They lost me when they gave the Joes those accelerator suits and the Baroness didn't have her trademark accent.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By NightFang3

I thought there was gonna be a sequel.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Media_Master

If he rode a horse in GI Joe2, my jaw will hit the floor.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jefprice

Soooooo I've been told by 4 people now that he was laughing when he said the horse thing, since he jokes around a lot, I'd bet he was grinning when he said that. 

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jefprice
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " I am not excited to see the first G.I. Joe movie. I'm waiting for the DVD to come out, and I mainly just want to see Snake Eyes. They lost me when they gave the Joes those accelerator suits and the Baroness didn't have her trademark accent. "  

The Suits were in the toy line and at some point I think the comics. In fact I have a Rock n Roll in the suit. They looked pretty much the same. I'm a Die Hard Joe fan and I loved it. It was campy like the cartoon and had TONS of stuff directly from the toon and books in it. Like the underwater base.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @jefprice: 
    It's just not very interesting having the Joes using advanced armor that enhances them to conquer the bad guys. They are suppose to be the elite, best of the best. Having enhancing armor is a cop out. The story would be more interesting if it was just trained soldiers over coming the villains with their own bodies.
    The suits make it seem like any soldier can do it with training. Not to mention no self respecting military commander in his right mind would send soldiers out something like that if they hadn't trained with it first. The same way a soldier is taught to clean and reassemble his weapons.
    Felt more like some lame excuse to do over the top special effects.
    burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By burr787

This is great, I loved the movie. It was probably my favorite movie of the year.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Decept-O

Errr.... yeah, of course he wants to do a sequel.  Guaranteed payday.  No desire to see G.I. Joe nor any subsequent sequel(s), look like crap. 
    N_Tense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By N_Tense

GI Joe was much better than both of the transformers combined! The Accelerator suits disappeared almost as soon as they appeared, And it was an Origin of Cobra (check the title?!) They can move forward and do big things with the franchise... Down with Bay, he sux sour frog @$$!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.