Follow

G.I. Joe Retaliation

Movie » G.I. Joe Retaliation released on March 28, 2013.

The sequel to GI Joe Rise of Cobra.

Watch Four Minutes of 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation'

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

We've already seen quick clips of Snake Eyes taking on Storm Shadow and a cliffside battle with Red Ninjas, but now there's an extended clip showing how the two scenes join together. Prepare yourself for four minutes of ninjas, Viners.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed with how quickly their fight concluded and it's tough to believe Snake Eyes couldn't get out of that scenario by himself. Regardless, this is apparently barely scratching the surface of the Snake Eyes / Storm Shadow plot. When I had the chance to chat with the film's producer last year, he informed me that the flick is split into two key plots: a military-focused one with the likes Roadblock and his crew, and one focusing on the ninja element. They'll of course merge at some point, but it's cool to know the movie is going to bring two entirely different styles of action to the table.

What do you think, Viners? Are you getting a ticket opening day or will you pass on it? G.I. Joe: Retaliation comes out March 28th and we'll have a review on the homepage that day, too!

Source: CBM Trailers

Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By The Average Bear

That might've been the coolest four minutes that I've ever seen

zachkastner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By zachkastner

Wow. That was over-the-top but VERY impressive all at the same time!

I think they've found their footing in this sequel.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By deadpool25mm

Nice!

shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shackle

The first one, for all its flaws (and they were numerous), did manage to put together some very entertaining action sequences. It looks as though there may be more entertaining action in this film; let's hope the other elements keep pace.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By karrob

Seems like that was the plan to take him alive...Possibly to interrogate for more info on Cobra.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Mucklefluga

So which ones are the good guys? :P

Very enjoyable clip and will look pretty cool in 3D.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By TommytheHitman

Poor Cobra guys. Were just trying to get enough money to pay for their mom's hospital bills.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By KRYPTON

Wait. Why did (in the first 15 seconds) have Storm Shadow reach out to catch a falling ninja? What sense would've that made he was going to fast to catch anyway and if he did catch him, Storm Shadow would've fallen out of the building anyway. I'm looking forward to this movie.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Veshark

Looks awesome so far - no corny dialogue, just four minutes on ninja badassery. But it did look like Snake Eyes was just stalling with Storm Shadow, and setting him up to be captured and taken away?

I remember reading somewhere that Retaliation was supposed to be more grounded, but this scene was hilariously over-the-top. Still, being one of the few people in this world who actually enjoyed Rise of Cobra, I'm loving it. Also, I'm probably the only person who prefers Snake Eyes with the nose and mouth - without it he kinda looks like a Black Power Ranger, imo.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DH69

hate to be "that guy" but this clip is like 2 months old now.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@DH69 said:

hate to be "that guy" but this clip is like 2 months old now.

No, it's not. This extended clip was released yesterday. What you're talking about are two shorter clips from both scenes. This has footage we haven't seen before.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

I can't wait for the movie.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JamDamage

@DH69: it's old as hell. Then again the movie was supposed to come out a year ago but everyone knows that it would have never ever been able to compete against Avengers or Batman. 3D conversion my ass.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@JamDamage said:

@DH69: it's old as hell. Then again the movie was supposed to come out a year ago but everyone knows that it would have never ever been able to compete against Avengers or Batman. 3D conversion my ass.

No, it's not. This extended clip was released yesterday. What you're talking about are two shorter clips from both scenes. This has footage we haven't seen before.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NightFang3

Looks good.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nickxh

If I hear good things about it, I will definitely go see it in cinema. Simply because it has my boy Bruce Willis.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@k4tzm4n:

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed with how quickly their fight concluded and it's tough to believe Snake Eyes couldn't get out of that scenario by himself. Regardless, this is apparently barely scratching the surface of the Snake Eyes / Storm Shadow plot.

I think Snake Eyes is trying to save Storm Shadow... He couldn't do it by himself, it's because, SS skills is the same level as Snake eyes... he has to get help in order to capture SS alive

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DH69

@k4tzm4n said:

@JamDamage said:

no that entire clip was shown over 2 months ago when channing tatum was hosting a show and promoting the movie, theres nothing new, nothings changed, that is the exact same scene they showed.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@DH69 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@JamDamage said:

no that entire clip was shown over 2 months ago when channing tatum was hosting a show and promoting the movie, theres nothing new, nothings changed, that is the exact same scene they showed.

Tatum hosting a show? What show was this? Are you sure you don't mean he was a guest on a talk show and they showed a clip? In that case, it's almost never a 4 minute clip.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DH69

@k4tzm4n said:

@DH69 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@JamDamage said:

Tatum hosting a show? What show was this? Are you sure you don't mean he was a guest on a talk show and they showed a clip? In that case, it's almost never a 4 minute clip.

it was something on fox, they showed it to fill commercial space, and had him promoting the movie every other commercial break. actually im pretty sure it was animation domination (simpsons, family guy, american dad etc.), but yeah its the exact same clip.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@DH69: 4 minutes, though? That's insanely long for promoing a movie. Are you sure they didn't just break up the clips or something?

Anyway, it's understandable due to the massive delay and all, but this was officially released the other day, so it would be foolish of me not to cover it.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DH69

@k4tzm4n: nope it was a solid chunk, and take into consideration that its fox...they have an unbearable amount of commercials. and yeah they did stress EXCLUSSIVE when it was shown so it being officially released yesterday is justifiable

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Very nice footage I must admit...can never have enough katana wielding ninjas!

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ForeverMan

Well that already tops the entire first movie.

alex6166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By alex6166

Snake Eyes was the best thing in that first G.I.Joe movie and he didn't even speak. Not the adult one, anyway.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By laflux

meh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.