Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

Get him back on top

IncredibleMSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IncredibleMSJ

I know I'm kind of partial to my man big G. I think he is a very cool character that should be viewed as a terrifying threat when faced. He shouldnt get beaten all the time to prove a point or display the power of somebody who, in all seriousness, should have no business in the ring with this cosmic powerhouse. My big debate here is odin in the recent thor issues. I know Odin is an all father and a bad ass in his own right. But its always been to my understanding that cosmics are above gods. Because arent gods kind of domestic to each planet? Galactus goes around destroying countless planets each with their own godly pantheonons im assuming. But earth's gods such as Odin are supposed to be his equal? I'm not sure, just looking for some input 

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By daak1212

You aren't wrong like at all.  Galactus is supposed to roflstomp Odin but writers like Fraction feel that in order to prove Thor and Odin's power they need to fling them self head first into Galactus's head.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Odin who is a skyfather who has absorbed the power of both his brothers, while wearing his cosmic armour posed a threat to a Big G who who wasn't at full power and was using his powers to fend off all the Asgardian foot solders in their cosmic armours at the same time. I don't see why this has people so up in arms. Galactus has had worse whowings in the past much worse.
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By daak1212
    @Thor's hammmer: Absorbed the powers of both brothers?  Cosmic Armour?  Galacutus wasnt full power?  No.

I dont know what you mean by both powers?  Do you mean the Serpent?  That's ridiculous and he is featless so next.  Cosmic Armour?  Sir what are the exact amps that were given to that armor?  None, next.  Galactus wasn't full power?  Debatable, he's never at full power and we actually don't know if he was hungry.  All we know that he found about about the seed and realized that it can sate his hunger for ever.
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

A scan of this would be awesome by the way.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @daak1212 said:

@Thor's hammmer: Absorbed the powers of both brothers?  Cosmic Armour?  Galacutus wasnt full power?  No.  I dont know what you mean by both powers?  Do you mean the Serpent?  That's ridiculous and he is featless so next.  Cosmic Armour?  Sir what are the exact amps that were given to that armor?  None, next.  Galactus wasn't full power?  Debatable, he's never at full power and we actually don't know if he was hungry.  All we know that he found about about the seed and realized that it can sate his hunger for ever.

No I mean Odin's brothers from Mythology. Odin has Both of their powers on top of his own. Read up on the Odinforce.
    No Amps? a regular asgardian can't even survive in space. so they needed to wear the armour for that. But why would Thor and Odin wear it if ther were no Amps and it only allowed for them to breath in space? since Odin and Thor both Don't need oxegen. 
    Galactus's only herald at the time was the Surfer so he wasn't out finding any planets for Galactus so He definitly wasn't recently fed.
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daak1212
    @Thor's hammmer: There wasn't a reason for the armor, that's my point.  I've read Mighty Thor, quit speculating and find me a scan where it says it does XYZ.  Odin even with his powers is still in the same category as Zeus and Vishnu.  Who's to say that Galactus was starving as well?  He sensed the seed and he came to Earth with Surfer.
    vidarrodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vidarrodinson

Good stuff.  I agree with Thor's Hammer .   Also,  Let's keep in mind that Odin is more powerful than he is shown.  He sent Thor out to gather information on Galactus back in maybe #142???.   He was suspected of being a threat to Asgard .  Odin said then that Galactus power seemed to rival his own.  Now we've got so many near omnipotents,  who can keep up.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By joshmightbe
    @daak1212 said:
    @Thor's hammmer: Absorbed the powers of both brothers?  Cosmic Armour?  Galacutus wasnt full power?  No.  I dont know what you mean by both powers?  Do you mean the Serpent?  That's ridiculous and he is featless so next.  Cosmic Armour?  Sir what are the exact amps that were given to that armor?  None, next.  Galactus wasn't full power?  Debatable, he's never at full power and we actually don't know if he was hungry.  All we know that he found about about the seed and realized that it can sate his hunger for ever.
    Wouldn't that make Asgard pricks for keeping it from him, I mean it'd save many people if Galactus never had to eat again
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @joshmightbe said:
    @daak1212 said:
    Wouldn't that make Asgard pricks for keeping it from him, I mean it'd save many people if Galactus never had to eat again
    And what would be the after effect of that?
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe
    @TheCrowbar: aside from it being powerful what purpose does it serve to the Asgardians?
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I am in agreement. Doesn't anyone remember the Secret Wars?

Anyway, I'm also wondering where the Destroyer armor is going in Mighty Thor. It should be more than a match for Thor or the Surfer but Galactus should be much more powerful than the Destroyer. Odin was defeated in the Destroyer armor by the Celestials in seconds. Now true, it was a lot of them, but Galactus is still more powerful than any Celestial.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @jloneblackheart said:

I am in agreement. Doesn't anyone remember the Secret Wars?

Anyway, I'm also wondering where the Destroyer armor is going in Mighty Thor. It should be more than a match for Thor or the Surfer but Galactus should be much more powerful than the Destroyer. Odin was defeated in the Destroyer armor by the Celestials in seconds. Now true, it was a lot of them, but Galactus is still more powerful than any Celestial.

Dependin on How hungry Galactus is he's more powerful than any celestial.  
    and Odin in that comic goes up against the entire prime host of Celestials. But Odin has also absorbed all the other Asgardians in him(except Thor and any other's not in Asgard at the time (Serpent, Millenius etc.) and was weilding the Odinsword.
    I would still say Galactus should be more than a match for Odin in the Destroyer but didn't odin Put the world deed in the Destroyer? that could give it the power needed to go up against Big G, possibly.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By MrUnknown

I'm starting to wonder when was the last time that Galactus did beat someone...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15  Edited By SC  Moderator

Well, first to just throw out the so obvious its redundant, its all fiction. They aren't real. When Thor and Odin first appeared no other mythological beings were considered at all. Thor was going to be über and Odin was going to be super über. Sort of like when Superman was conceived, the repercussions of how I mean... he can be the most powerful eva blah blah yadda yadda you know the story? Introducing new characters is all good and should be encouraged, and once upon a time, Galactus was... a new character? Not established in power. Not real, no rights, just the writers discretion. From what I know in his design process was that he was only suppose to be used once, and at the time was just really powerful, (like the Watcher) and none of all that other stuff that made him ever increasingly more powerful. Of course he proved pretty popular and so was used more and more and he grew more powerful with each use. To the extent, I think for the overall balance no pun intended creative wise, he should be more substantially powerful than say an Odin? Still, He did not start there. Galactus is basically Wolverine. His popularity means he got to get more powers fluctuate and tend to get more powerful and that he gets to win a lot and lose a lot. Imagine how it must feel for Watcher fans? lulz. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

Galactus should be on top.

Marvel! Put him there! For real.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Thor's hammmer Loki took the seed out last issue. Also Odin is in the Odinsleep and will not be inside.

Regardless of what I think about the power levels, the story itself it pretty flat and I think both the Surfer and Thor are out of character. The only interesting thing is Loki.

@SC Galactus is real and I pray to him regularly. But Odin, yeah he's fake. :P
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @jloneblackheart said:
    @Thor's hammmer Loki took the seed out last issue. Also Odin is in the Odinsleep and will not be inside.

Regardless of what I think about the power levels, the story itself it pretty flat and I think both the Surfer and Thor are out of character. The only interesting thing is Loki.

I totally agree.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @jloneblackheart said:
    @SC Galactus is real and I pray to him regularly. But Odin, yeah he's fake. :P

lol

I admire your faith, *red* I too am a follower and believer of He Who Devours and Does So With Swag and a Purple Helmut, except on my planet, all my friends and family are vikings so... *red*  

0_0
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DrLove
    @PowerHerc said:

Galactus should be on top.

Marvel! Put him there! For real.

IncredibleMSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By IncredibleMSJ

@daak1212: Agreed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.