Follow

Futures End

Story arc »

A story arc set five years in the future of the New 52 in DC Comics.

Hands On: THE NEW 52 FUTURES END 3D Week Three Comics

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
    This video has an invalid file format.
    00:00:00
    Sorry, but you can't access this content!
    Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
    Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i lol'd when you made batwoman talk. id probably do the same.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By Teerack

This whole event's worth comes down to weather or not they have a really dramatic moment focused on Batman towards the end of the event where it zooms in on him and he goes "we need to go back to the future!"

I like to cut my nails and then scratch at the covers when i have no nails... it feels good. :3

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xenonyte

@g_man can you divulge to us what some of your favourites were? I'm interested to get a few. Also which ones do you believe act more like standalone stories, so in other words doesn't link that much to Futures End series, and can be read by readers who are interested in the said title? I only ask because I've read that some don't actually link in that much to Futures End the series itself.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I haven't read any of the Futures End titles but I want to pick up Batman & Robin as well as Teen Titans

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By dreamfall31

Getting all the normal covers to these books. I wish DC would stop this dumb cash grab.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
    feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By feedonatreefrog

This is the future of the DC universe.

Crisis 2015 will change that.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Getting all the normal covers to these books. I wish DC would stop this dumb cash grab.

Actually this costs DC more money then it makes.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Also, thanks a lot for doing this Mr. Guerrero, I was a little unsure of what books to get, and this helps. Still a little on the fence with a few, but I know which ones I defiantly want to get, and what to avoid.

P.S. I totally agree, Supergirl needs some happy times, hopefully her new writer will make things better for her.

DarkKnightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By DarkKnightwing

Teen Titans or Batman/Superman? Conflicted.

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been a huge fan of the lenticular covers. I wonder whether that plastic piece will cause more wear or break down.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@darkknightwing: I preferred BATMAN/SUPERMAN. I didn't really care for the "new" Teen Titans in the issue.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Red Hood and The Outlaws...

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First I want to say, DC STILL offers the regular covers a dollar cheaper so you people crying over it seriously need to stop. Don't like it, don't buy it. Period. DC's not forcing anyone to buy just the fancy covers for 4 or 5 bucks. And like CaptainMarvel4ever said, it costs them more money to make it.

Now onto my thoughts on Future's End future of DC or partiall canon future, whichever it turns out to be.

I liked the new TT honestly, IMO much more interesting than the previous team(which was way too emotional and boring at times honestly) Plus, once they lost Kid Flash(Bart) I lost big interest. I like this new team.

Red Hood and the Outlaws was also good.

Swamp Thing was weird, not sure how I feel about that.

Constantine was different than expected but good. He pretty much just shows how crazy powerful he is and of course as a con man outsmarting Fate.

WW and Superman/WW was awesome, only thing I didn't get is they plucked Clark from 4 years in the past because the current one is in exile in africa some where, why does he look older with longer hair? lol otherwise story was good and the ending was cool with what happens with Diana.

Batman was cool, just shows how paranoid and crazy Bruce can be taking a cue from Batman Beyond's Batman...also, Batman in FE looks so much like Injustice Batman.

Batgirl was interesting but to me seemed a bit far fetched at times, I don't get why she went through all the trouble of seeking bane only to beat him. It's like there was no other better fighter in the world than Bane to her? lol IDK, the costume also looked odd I get it a homage to Batman and Bane I guess it was more about her "losing herself for a while" then getting back on track.

Batwoman, depressing all I'll say lol and it would have been nice to see an explanation of how Kate got that way..spliced? experiment? Desperate weapon she used on herself? What? lol

Birds of Prey was good, surprised me I don't read much of it but wasn't bad at all. I liked Black Canary's idea.

World's Finest was also good, another series I don't normally read but due to Earth 2 and such I'm starting to get interested and had to read it.

Batman & Robin had great action but I thought Duke felt forced and more politically correct more than anything. But the fight between Batman and Heretic with Al trying to help Bruce was awesome.

TT was surprisingly good, as I said in another FE topic this team interests me a lot more than the previous team and has more personality to it. The other team was dull, emotional and didn't seem to work well together honestly and once they got rid of Bart/original Kid Flash that just turned me off a lot. This new team with E2's and Heretic was far more interesting to me and cutthroat which I liked.

Aquaman was messed up IMO, I'm sure they'll explain more but I can't picture Arthur doing something so drastic Mera would hate him for it...

GL Corps was so morbid and also depressing with, as was GL and GL NG. I think GL went for the depressing, morbid vibe the most besides Batwoman lol. I mean, did you see what happened to Hal, Kyle and John? lol Though out of the three, John effected me the least. But poor Hal and Kyle..all I'm going to say lol

Others I haven't read yet like Superman/Batman.

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

Personally, I liked much more the 3D covers from last year; they made the character in the cover really pop out, unlike this year´s cover where only a little frame had the 3D treatment and the transition effect (except for some issues) isn´t well executed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.