Follow

Futures End

Story arc »

A story arc set five years in the future of the New 52 in DC Comics.

Batman Beyond is Canon!

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GustavoBurciaga1

Well ladies and gents it has finally happened, Batman Beyond (Terrance McGinnis) is now cannon to the main story line! How does that make you feel?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Kinda late to the party there buddy, just saying. :P

But I'm still curious if Futures End will in fact be canon. The fact that it takes place five years in the future along with the fact that apparently Batman Beyond is trying to alter the future by changing the past...that alone makes me wonder how any of this won't be considered some random alternate future reality and therefore...not really canon in the end. <_<

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Bruce/Diana is canon now too?!?

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: .... Maybe. I mean that was in the show. I'm not sure it applies to the actual comics.

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Regardless it shows that Batman Beyond is still a character in the future so even if he goes back in time to change the time line to avoid Brother Eye's conquest the fact that Terry still exist shows that he is cannon. Anyway I'm really excited to see how this turns out!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @gustavoburciaga1 said:

@war_killer: Regardless it shows that Batman Beyond is still a character in the future so even if he goes back in time to change the time line to avoid Brother Eye's conquest the fact that Terry still exist shows that he is cannon. Anyway I'm really excited to see how this turns out!

True. I'm just slightly worried because I'm a huge fan of Batman Beyond and I don't want to start reading this series, enjoying Terry being canon, only to have the story end with Terry completing his mission and disappearing or something...making him not canon anymore.

Though if anything, I actually would love for an actual Batman Beyond series to spin out of all this, possibly ending with Terry's future being changed and a new future of the New 52 being born. I wouldn't mind seeing how some of the characters from the New 52 could end up in a Beyond-like future.

@pizzaman said:

So Bruce/Diana is canon now too?!?

If you're referring to the relationship between Bruce and Diana from the Justice League animated series, then no that is still not canon. This is not the same Terry McGinnis from the DC Animated Universe. This a different Terry apparently from an apocalyptic future of the current New 52 DC Universe. This will in no way make anything from the DC Animated Universe canon as that is all in it's own, separate universe.

That being said, it's still a possibility that the current New 52 Bruce and Diana could get together at some point. It's unlikely, but still possible.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Oh thank god! that relationship made no sense whatsoever.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Though if anything, I actually would love for an actual Batman Beyond series to spin out of all this, possibly ending with Terry's future being changed and a new future of the New 52 being born. I wouldn't mind seeing how some of the characters from the New 52 could end up in a Beyond-like future.

I realize that this is from ten months ago, but you are getting your wish.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.