X-Men: Aocalypse X-Men Line up

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Not to be outdone by Marvels latest trailer for "CGI and Fan service: The Movie", Fox released this poster for the forthcoming X-Men Apocalypse film.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, it's a shame that Mystique is front and center, but, this assuredly has to do with outside forces of Jennifer Lawrence being Hollywood's current God-Queen, despite her being kind of bland in most films than it does with the writers interests in the Mystique character.

I guess their outfits will probably encounter complaints. They could use a bit of color, but, at the same time, what incentive would they have for wearing brightly colored unitards in this universe??

Also a shame they can never get the look of Beast right in really any film he has been in....he always just looks like weird wolf man cosplay.

Everyone else looks good though. Jean Grey striking the all-too-familiar "I am a telekinetic, I wave my hands around!" pose...I am pleased.

What do you think, oh so wise, forum dwellers??

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno. I thought the Beast's look was one of the few saving graces of X Men: The Last Stand. And it's OUTSTANDING that they have Nightcrawler in this. If he's half as good as Alan Cummings was it'll be awesome.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno. I thought the Beast's look was one of the few saving graces of X Men: The Last Stand.

Eh, I thought he just looked like Kelsey Grammar in blue paint. Which is precisely what he was, but, you know what I mean...Beast should have more prosthetics or animatronic things going on, but, maybe that's just me.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I see what you mean, and a few prosthetics would probably have looked better, but I still think they did a pretty good job. WAY better than the other times they tried.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@heroup2112 said:

I dunno. I thought the Beast's look was one of the few saving graces of X Men: The Last Stand.

Eh, I thought he just looked like Kelsey Grammar in blue paint. Which is precisely what he was, but, you know what I mean...Beast should have more prosthetics or animatronic things going on, but, maybe that's just me.

I actually really agree with this. I thought Beast looked awesome in The Last Stand - especially with that badass black-yellow jacket. As for the poster, I don't know, I'm not crazy about the suits. I suppose they're meant to be prototypes for the future X-Men suits, and considering they're going up against Apocalypse (remember Jennifer Lawrence talking about war?), it makes sense that they're all armored. But I've always dug the original leather outfits with their superhero-ish touches (Wolverine's yellow piping, Storm's cape etc.). Although then again if you go too far you with the tights, you end up with the First Class suits, which were a decent attempt but really iffy aesthetically, imo...

I'm definitely excited for this movie, especially after Days of Future Past. I think Jean Grey looks fantastic. But Nicholas Hoult will never look right as Beast for whatever reason, and Cyclops not wearing an actual one-line visor (which might very well make sense story-wise) still looks goofy to me. I mean, Scott has that codename for a reason. McAvoy's looking great with the shaved head too, though - it's about time.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like their costumes. I think there will be too many blue-colored characters (it goes up to three blue-skinned characters when Mystique goes to her natural state). I'll never be a fan of Beast's blue furred look. Oh well. I'm one of those oldsters who still remembers his default look, and am now outdated.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like Mystique in front, hopefully the movie won't use her to much since this in Jennifer Lawrence's last appearance. Hopefully we will see Cyclops and Storm do great things so people will stop bitching about Singer not using them right in 2003. Beast is okay. He looked like shit in First Class, but Days of Future Past had a improvement on his appearance. Still not as good as The Last Stand, though. I like the costumes. McAvoy looks kind of weird bald.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Cyclops had his visor instead of those glasses. I like the costumes tho.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Costumes are growing on me. Didn't like them at first, but I'm liking them a little more each day. The Heroes poster looks great except for Beast, Nightcrawler, and Mystique. Their poses look meh.

Cyclops looks great, Jean looks amazing, Quicksilver looks cool af, and Xavier is a BOSS.

Stoked for X-Men: Apocalypse.

Avatar image for deactivated-599f6ccbd15bb
deactivated-599f6ccbd15bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it. Looks great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks great

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The costumes are, meh, but I can dig 'em.

Just hoping the film is as good as First Class.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it looks good.

Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mystique isn't even blue. Besides that, it is great.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By adamTRMM

I bet there's a conspiracy in action. The only time we're seen a colored mutant that wasn't blue was in the First Class movie, with Azazel. Hell the ratio of blue mutants and red ones was one to one! That's representation in work guys! But what do we have now, the ratio between blue and other colors is non-existent and even Apocalypse himself was bluewashed and Azazel eliminated!!! Hm... food for thought.

That said, people who call this team too white are apparently intolerant towards blue people and while I also believe now that they are the most privileged minority, they're still one so hey, stop being xenophobes and accept progress just the way it is!

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wonder if we'll not only get Mystique connecting with Nightcrawler, but if she might leave the team with Destiny and adopt the runaway, Rogue...maybe at the end credits.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEADPOOL

Should had been Iceman instead of Nightcrawler.

Like, look, I like Nightcrawler but I have been saying since the beginning of the reboot that they should have the original X-Men. Besides, there are too many blue people in the movie, it's starting to look like a joke.

Even First Class could have had the original X-Men plus Magneto and Mystique, but then they leave the X-Men at the end for obvious reasons.

Avatar image for hulkknowscomics
HulkKnowsComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This cast is missing a tank character....where's Colossus? And how did the Deadpool movie get Colossus right and the X-Men movies can't?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkknowscomics:

Colossus isn't alive yet, or he's just a child.

The Colossus in X2 was probably the best they could do at the time(2003), and the film was too bloated to give him any development. It's just how things turned out.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hulkknowscomics
HulkKnowsComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: I see that....but Deadpool was easily the closest as of now. I know he's a B or C lister to most, but he's been my favorite since a kid, so it's nice to see him get some air time.

@immolation I have never considered and still don't consider Beast a tank character. Just my opinion. But maybe that's what the writers were thinking.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Immolation

@hulkknowscomics: Beast was the main tank character in the comics in the original line up and in every reincarnation of the O5 that has happened since. He is no Colossus or Wolverine, but he can do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkknowscomics: He's my favorite as well. Hopefully we'll get to see him in future films.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast looks awful.

Jean needs to go to a better salon.

Mystique should refer jean to her salon

Nightcrawler doesn't look like younger nightcrawler of x2

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks great.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This cast is missing a tank character....where's Colossus? And how did the Deadpool movie get Colossus right and the X-Men movies can't?

On a related note, I hate the "role" approach to building a cast. I hate the idea that you "need" a "tank" character considering the range of powers these characters are bringing.