wolvie, storm or jean?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In marvel's 100th anniversary x-men issue, it expressed its interest(for the lack of words) in bringing jean back. do you think that there will be a big reboot soon? or maybe a big event aside from the death of wolverine? it is clear that jean can be the key to this big reboot.

if in case she just comes back before wolvie dies, will wolvie be confused on who he'll love, storm or jean?

will scott would want to rekindle the old flame?will

will jean be able to reunite the two teams?

will she be the x-men's leader?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ive always imagined Jean being the catalyst for some sort of reboot. If done right it could be very interesting. Really wish Hope was Jean reincarnated. Anyway I do think if she returned it would reunite the factions. Im not sure it will happen soon but seeing as how there seems to be a constant rehashing of old ideas (and most are not done well) I wouldnt put it past the writers to try yet another "change to the status quo'

phoenixgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phoenixgrey

i just want her back

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RustyRoy
Cyke/Wolvie forever
Cyke/Wolvie forever

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btw what do fans call them? Slogan? Cyverine?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I don't care for any of the scenarios you brought up.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Jean being the catalyst for a reboot. I can see Jean maybe leading a team or a faction. I could even see Jeans presence uniting teams....what I can't see is anything to do with Logan and his creepy Jean obsession. As much as her reuniting with Scott would be putting her in the same spot getting with Wolverine would be a step backwards for her character as she would be dwarfed by his "importance".

At least Storm has the rebound from Tchalla element of her relationship to explore with Logan....Jean and he demotes her back to trophy status when she needs to be alone for a while to actually gain a character away from Scott and Phoenix

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: @koays: With young jean around I don't think we really need jean back. I love what was said about how we need to gain a character of Jean away from Scott or the pheonix. When claremount was on the book jean as pheonix and in relationship with Scott was great, as it felt like this was just a part. Now it feels when someone says bring back jean I can only think pheoniex and love triangle as it's be rehashed so many times. This is why I love the direction bendis has taken with young jean she is developing in ways outside of the "pheonix/Scott parodime". I have never really liked jean but since all new I am becoming a fan. As for reboot it has been spoken about in many places, my feeling is if they reboot due to too much continuity in 20 years time we will be facing the same problem again. Just keep going and do a soft reboot if there is such a thing. I consider marvel now to be one of those things and it's a great intro place for beginners. It's how I really got into x men

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also question does anyone know of any issues where you see storm and Logan get together? As I can only think of wolverine and xmen ones and it doesn't officially state they are a couple

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodwell: that's because they are not and never have been a Couple. Theirs is a much more casual relationship. Think Bestie's With Benefits and thats what Storm and Wolverine have. There's love there for sure... but its friend love, not In Love romantic love.

Agreed on Teen Jean. She's actually a really interesting character. I never liked Jean much. She was always just background filler until someone needed a telepath or Phoenix was mentioned. But Teen Jean is dynamic, hot-headed, is finding interesting new ways to use her powers. Is now gaining tutelage from the White Queen herself... This is a Jean whose powers will be backed up with exceptional psionic training and a will to use it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodwell: As a fan of Jean through and through, I think that too many people look at her and see only Phoenix or Scott. Granted, Scott is an important part of her character and the two have character history and development that is tightly wrapped together...but Phoenix just doesn't do anything for the character anymore because it's lost all meaning since it's not unique to her, her family, or even class of mutants anymore.

The reason i DON'T like teen Jean is the exact same reason some people don't like the reboot idea, it throws away 50 years of history and gives us a character who's only connection to the story's and character is a name. Her character development is the exact same path that regular Jean Grey took when she was first brought back during X-Factor, except she's not dealing with any of the changes of the world or her path in life....she's just sort of whining and then showing off powersets/abilities she shouldn't have without explanation, all the while not doing anything that effects the present or even potentially changes past.

I respect Marvel Now and it's jumping on point, but i think it became part of a larger problem since books that needed to move forward (especially X-titles) were brought to a creep do to the three jumping on points in a one year period. I support a soft reboot that gets all the books too establish a direction that they want to head in, something that i think even All New X-Men could really do as the book doesn't seem to be going anywhere anymore.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@rustyroy said:
Cyke/Wolvie forever
Cyke/Wolvie forever

Yaaaaasssss!!!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By poisonfleur

Whatever Storm and Wolverine have going on... I like it. Something about it is Casual and Natural. It just unexpectedly works. Not to mention, they are both the most popular mutants of each gender. Heck even Halle's Storm and Hugh's Wolverine looked good together.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@rodwell: As a fan of Jean through and through, I think that too many people look at her and see only Phoenix or Scott. Granted, Scott is an important part of her character and the two have character history and development that is tightly wrapped together...but Phoenix just doesn't do anything for the character anymore because it's lost all meaning since it's not unique to her, her family, or even class of mutants anymore.

The reason i DON'T like teen Jean is the exact same reason some people don't like the reboot idea, it throws away 50 years of history and gives us a character who's only connection to the story's and character is a name. Her character development is the exact same path that regular Jean Grey took when she was first brought back during X-Factor, except she's not dealing with any of the changes of the world or her path in life....she's just sort of whining and then showing off powersets/abilities she shouldn't have without explanation, all the while not doing anything that effects the present or even potentially changes past.

I respect Marvel Now and it's jumping on point, but i think it became part of a larger problem since books that needed to move forward (especially X-titles) were brought to a creep do to the three jumping on points in a one year period. I support a soft reboot that gets all the books too establish a direction that they want to head in, something that i think even All New X-Men could really do as the book doesn't seem to be going anywhere anymore.

i have to ask tho, would bringing original dead White Crown Phoenix back to life actually help her character. Its true that most people look at her and see only Scott or Phoenix... and lets not forget the Wolverine thing too.

Teen Jean is at least fresh. She seems to be a "modern" teen rather than a 60s teen girl. Which is actually a refreshing take on her character. You're not wrong about the inexplicable power uses. But i think we won't see any major changes to the present until Bendis actually confirms they'll go back in time at some point. And BotA suggested they won't. ANXM really has been direction-less for the past few months. Used to be my 2nd fave book after Uncanny... now its lagging further and further behind. X-Men and Uncanny are now at the top. X-Men in particular has become a great book, and even has much of that soft reboot you were suggesting. A new now official team, a new direction, and displaying the powers not only of Storm's team, but Hellion's young X-Men team too. If ANXM could actually make a declaration or even a suggestion of where its heading it might improve. Having Teen Cyclops off gallivanting about the galaxy with a Corsair who should be dead... isn't helping, tho it does keep Jean and Scott apart, and thats a VERY good thing.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just imagine white crown jean merging with the teen jean(who can transform into pure psionic energy), just how powerful x-men would be. if that happens, i would want an AVX rematch. haha. actually, with the current power-ups i think the x-men could win an AVX rematch.

i'm still dreaming of a white crown jean return. I really think she can reunite the factions.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just imagine white crown jean merging with the teen jean(who can transform into pure psionic energy), just how powerful x-men would be. if that happens, i would want an AVX rematch. haha. actually, with the current power-ups i think the x-men could win an AVX rematch.

i'm still dreaming of a white crown jean return. I really think she can reunite the factions.

i don't actually think she could. without Forcing it to happen, even Jean is not enough of a rallying point, or unifying figure to heal all the wounds of the X-Men. There's bitterness and resentment. There's desire to move forward, there's desire to stagnate or even regress. Jean, IMHO represents a regression among the X-factions. A going back to what was there before - a model that ultimately failed... big-time.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have to ask tho, would bringing original dead White Crown Phoenix back to life actually help her character. Its true that most people look at her and see only Scott or Phoenix... and lets not forget the Wolverine thing too.

Teen Jean is at least fresh. She seems to be a "modern" teen rather than a 60s teen girl. Which is actually a refreshing take on her character. You're not wrong about the inexplicable power uses. But i think we won't see any major changes to the present until Bendis actually confirms they'll go back in time at some point. And BotA suggested they won't. ANXM really has been direction-less for the past few months. Used to be my 2nd fave book after Uncanny... now its lagging further and further behind. X-Men and Uncanny are now at the top. X-Men in particular has become a great book, and even has much of that soft reboot you were suggesting. A new now official team, a new direction, and displaying the powers not only of Storm's team, but Hellion's young X-Men team too. If ANXM could actually make a declaration or even a suggestion of where its heading it might improve. Having Teen Cyclops off gallivanting about the galaxy with a Corsair who should be dead... isn't helping, tho it does keep Jean and Scott apart, and thats a VERY good thing.

But here's the thing, would anyone even ask that question if it was anyone else but Jean Grey? No other character that I can think of would have people suggest that it's a better idea to reset the character back to day one then to try to fix the character or at least explore them some more. If you bring Jean Grey back yes you have to acknowledge her and Scott because for 40 years their character development was linked, but Scott's had 10 years to develop on his own from that link, while Jean is still stuck at that point in her development. Even Morrison's take on Jean was something that showed their is a character to be explored underneath the phoenix crap.

The thing is with Teen Jean, if we ignore the problems with the books direction we just don't have something more interesting then a character with an established history. For Jean Grey to return and have to face the world that left her behind(again) is a better story then having her teenage self say that nothing that's happened beyond the X-Men's 1st mission matters to her and that she isn't the person we've known for the entirety of X-Men. There is just so much more weight to a Jean Grey who lived her whole life as an X-Man seeing a world where her friends and allies are at each others throats, some live at a literal shrine to her, and the only thing agreed upon is that she should be put on a pedestal...that she doesn't necessarily deserve. Any take on that would be an exploration of the character as opposed to taking a random teenage girl who doesn't behave like Jean Grey did at that age and assigning her to deal with the ramifications of all of Jean Grey's character development.

I accept it's a perception issue, since it's easier to get a clean slate without any of the attachments that some people dislike: Scott, Phoenix, Future kids, Logan(though he's had ALOT less impact on her character then she has apparently had on his). But having someone with a major voice within the team actually comment on it's current status from a neutral perspective would be great. Because even is she doesn't "unite the team" having her argue with Scott over mutant philosophy or with the JGS over loyalty and friendship would be more acknowledgement of the current issues then we get in any books. (Though i am against the idea of bringing her back with telepathy, much less Psi-God Phoenix powers)

Again i'm not knocking All New X-Men, but the reason i like Uncanny at the moment is because its such a continuing narrative with events building on each other. All New, sort of reads like random adventure after random adventure without one action mattering unless the characters guest star later on. Honestly the book should be about them actively trying to change this future, when really all they've done is get attacked and complain about their futures. And the most interesting futures aren't even explored, with Angel playing background character and Scott off in space with his Zombie dad and half of Jean's potential development with him. The book is doing nothing, and it's coming crossover arc shows why it can't hang with most of the other X-books at the moment.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darthphoenix

i think marvel is preparing the readers for white crown jean's return or make her do a reboot. clearly, they have been experimenting on the character since it did made a lot of noise ever since teen jean was brought to the present....

Early telepathy kicked in

stronger tk and tp

new powerset

Phoenix jean meets teen jean and joined forces in NO MORE HUMANS

In uncanny avengers, jean is younger than her batchmates and she's wearing hope's costume

white crown jean warping reality by getting back with scott in the past -marvels 100th anniv x-men shit

I also think that teen jean is way out of jean's true character. Ive always pictured past jean as someone timid, shy and conservative. teen jean may have witnessed too much but i believe that a person's character doesn't drastically change in a matter of months.

I still think the return of jean would make a great impact on both teams. its either they get united or the roster of each team would change.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think marvel is preparing the readers for white crown jean's return or make her do a reboot. clearly, they have been experimenting on the character since it did made a lot of noise ever since teen jean was brought to the present....

Early telepathy kicked in

stronger tk and tp

new powerset

Phoenix jean meets teen jean and joined forces in NO MORE HUMANS

In uncanny avengers, jean is younger than her batchmates and she's wearing hope's costume

white crown jean warping reality by getting back with scott in the past -marvels 100th anniv x-men shit

I also think that teen jean is way out of jean's true character. Ive always pictured past jean as someone timid, shy and conservative. teen jean may have witnessed too much but i believe that a person's character doesn't drastically change in a matter of months.

I still think the return of jean would make a great impact on both teams. its either they get united or the roster of each team would change.

I don't think that's quite fair to her - given the era, when female characters were always mooning over guys and were sidelined from the main action, Jean's always stood out as having her own personality which became more assertive and aggressive after their first graduation. By the time she was wearing a green skirt with golden mask, she was not all that passive (depends on the writer, of course), and she was quite out-spoken after the All New roster came in but before she became the Phoenix. TBQH I think the "timid, shy, and conservative" personality traits were moreso a result of her character in the X-Men '90s cartoon because she's always been considered a fiery red head.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Koays

@phoenixofthetides: I disagree with the whole 60 nice girl thing just a little bit. I think that she, and Polaris to a far lesser extent evolved from there 60s selves into the fiery characters we know. But they still have a large part of that character in them

Polaris because she had such a drastic change to an erratic personality and Jean because she's still inherently nice. Teen Jean isn't the heart of the X-men when regular Jean was from very early on

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they can bring jean back and develop her personality outside of Scott , wolverine, and the Phoenix.. then bring it on.. but i always figure jean and the phoenix is tied.. or just give jean phoenix her own solo book.. just for her fans... i kinda dont like the original five being in this timeline.. i know it was to show scott who he was and who he has become... i know there are fans who just love the five of em.. fine bring jean back and create their original five book.. scott is more interesting without her.. if they can make her more interesting without scott wolverine or fueding with Emma.. then bring her back.. to answer the other question mohawk storm would look good with logan.. i blame that on XAS

Twinblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who knows? With Xavier dead, Wolverine dead, Cyclops insane I'm sure Jean will fix all this problems. I don't mind having Jean back and either a reboot or a continuity, I'm sure Jean will fit in either way. About time someone decided to bring her back and give her all the development she needs. After so many years having her gone, now is the time for her to step up and become a badass Jean. I want the original Jean and not those duplicate Jeans. It reminds me of Emma Frost and the Cuckoos.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who knows? With Xavier dead, Wolverine dead, Cyclops insane I'm sure Jean will fix all this problems. I don't mind having Jean back and either a reboot or a continuity, I'm sure Jean will fit in either way. About time someone decided to bring her back and give her all the development she needs. After so many years having her gone, now is the time for her to step up and become a badass Jean. I want the original Jean and not those duplicate Jeans. It reminds me of Emma Frost and the Cuckoos.

Cyclops is hardly insane. Jean no longer fits in. It's sad for her, but Jean is a relic. And she should be kept that way. A high ideal to build upon Xavier's dream with a more measured humanity and benevolence.

Teen Jean is cool... i hadn't thought of all the duplicate Jeans... but they're in no way like Emma and The Cuckoos. Who were awesome from their inception. Teen Jean, Xorn-Jean and Hope-who-was-almost-Jean - there really are a whole bunch... but still, Original Jean isn't necessarily the Best Jean... she just has more history.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Polaris because she had such a drastic change to an erratic personality and Jean because she's still inherently nice. Teen Jean isn't the heart of the X-men when regular Jean was from very early on-

-I AGREE. I think writers forgot how teen jean was before she was brought to the present. I may love the new teen jean but I wish there was just a bit of transition on her change of character or personality.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather have Jean come back (FINALLY, because they've been throwing hints left and right for years) than her young self stick around. In general, i'd rather the younger versions/time duplicates/alternate selves all just be sent back to their proper time/dimension. They can stick around for a while longer and have some interesting stories, but I want them gone in the long run. Then with Jean Grey, the real and present day one, I again just think that Marvel's been milking her memory for a long time, and are saving her for some big, major event. I accept that as an inevitability, and I can see why her returning would be given so much attention, but after the return i'd like to see her confront this idea of her as some perfect, noble, angel, and the current state of the X-men universe. Not even just Schism, but House of M, Decimation, Messiah War, Phoenix 5, etc.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a mistake. Putting the real Jean away for so long so then bring the teen Jean, Xorn Jean, Hope, etc and now fans are challenging of which is better and which should stay. IMO, I want the real Jean and not the imposters. They all just masqueraders of Jean. Nothing is better then the original Jean Grey. Ya should have compassion for Jean since writers had put her away for so long and forgotten about her. I don't see why she wouldn't fit. I mean come on guys, she's Jean Grey.

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flavalon said:

I don't see why she wouldn't fit. I mean come on guys, she's Jean Grey.

This made me smile :)

@nathaniel_christopher said:In general, i'd rather the younger versions/time duplicates/alternate selves all just be sent back to their proper time/dimension. They can stick around for a while longer and have some interesting stories, but I want them gone in the long run.

I agree with this, I think eventually they need to go all back but i'm enjoying the ride of them being here at the moment. However still undecided on the who young jean vs old jean. But this tread has made me appreciate old jean so much more.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am all up for Jean Grey to come back, but do you know how I want her to come back?

No Scott, No Logan and No Phoenix!!!

She's powerful enough without the Phoenix, which is why the Phoenix chose her. So she can come back and lead her own team... Maybe the current all girl X-Men team.

She doesn't need Phoenix to be interesting....

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: I wanted to quote you for truth but I can't from my phone so instead I'll just say: "You sir, are an Awesome Person"

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@koays: I would quote you and say thank you like that but I'm on my iPad so I'll say it like this: "Thank You, but I spoke the truth and many of you should agree..."

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Frozon

I'll go with the original Jean 1,000%

No Caption Provided

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hotshotters
No Caption Provided

i'm old schoo so, i'll stick with my real jean grey.