EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EarthsMightiest
No Caption Provided

Has this been addressed in any of the X-Titles? Jean Grey is to easy, sexy but crazy Jean from 1610 would be cool, Rachel or maybe Hope would be interesting choices.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Koays  Online

Not addressed and likely won't be until the next big event. X-Men titles are like a year behind the rest of marvel and 2 years behind this story

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see, I held out hope that Hickman would jump on main X-Men title after SW but he stated in an interview today that he is taking a break from Marvel when SW is done and that he is finished up till SW issue 8.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EC2277

@earthsmightiest said:

Are Jean 1610 or Rachel death?

Old Jean?

It is the most obvious hypothesis, but it would means deprive Teen Jean of interest, then I don't think that could be her. Unless she will not have a role in Secret Wars and it is possible.

@koays said:

Not addressed and likely won't be until the next big event. X-Men titles are like a year behind the rest of marvel and 2 years behind this story

Yes, they are really slow placed titles.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@earthsmightiest said:

Has this been addressed in any of the X-Titles? Jean Grey is to easy, sexy but crazy Jean from 1610 would be cool, Rachel or maybe Hope would be interesting choices.

Are Jean 161 or Rachel death?

Old Jean?

It is the most obvious hypothesis, but it would means deprive Teen Jean of interest, then I don't think she could be. Unless she will not have a role in Secret Wars and it is possible.

@koays said:

Yes, they are really slow placed titles.

Sorry, yes I meant Old Jean not Teen Time Brat Jean (not a fan hehe).

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they stick to canon then it should be an incubating Jean Grey since sites of Phoenix "death" have ended in a cocoon/egg with Jean inside. Jean "died" on the shuttle and was in a cocoon at the crash site at the bottom of the bay. In HCT a Phoenix egg was found on the Moon in the Blue area, the site of the death of Dark Phoenix and Jean was in that one too. So we can assume he found the egg on the moon and that Jean is inside waiting to hatch, but canon is like the plague to Marvel right now and being avoided a lot so who knows.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hickman will probably use it and explain it sometime near the end of Time Runs Out.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Ok, its a long shot but maybe its Jean Grey from:

No Caption Provided

Rumor is these are going to be one shots or mini-series next summer. Dustin Weaver in an interview on Newsarama confirmed that he was working on the IG mini-series yesterday.

Here's hoping!

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: If a character isn't death, it can't use a phoenix egg to resurrect because it is still live.

Then Teen Jean, Ultimate Jean, Jean'92 and Rachel can't be in the Phoenix egg.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@earthsmightiest: If a character isn't death, it can't use a phoenix egg to resurrect because it is still live.

Very true, but you forget Time Runs Out takes place 8 months in the future, it's possible one of those lovely red heads has kicked the bucket in the time between and of course it could be someone out of left field.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@ec2277 said:

According to canon adult Jean is the only logical choice, since she has been the only being to hatch from a Phoenix "egg" twice on panel, and the fact that Cyclops did not leave the solar system as far as we know so he could have only gotten a Phoenix egg from the Blue area of the Moon where Dark Phoenix "died".

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RealityWarper
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I pray to Marvel it's 616 present day Jean inside that egg and Scott happened upon it within the missing year.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

Very true, but you forget Time Runs Out takes place 8 months in the future, it's possible one of those lovely red heads has kicked the bucket in the time between and of course it could be someone out of left field.

HCT was supposed to be the direct future of 616 and the only Phoenix Egg Cyclops could have gotten his hands on would be the one that is sitting on the Moon according to that story (especially since that story was the first and only time until recently that the term Phoenix Egg has been used IIRC) , and Jean was in it then, at this point there is no real reason to think she is not in the one he has, if that is where he got it from. It doesn't make sense for Ultimate Jean to be involved at all, and the others would have to have died as a Phoenix in order to incubate physically in an egg as they metaphysically incubate in the White Hot Room. Adult Jean is currently incubating in the White Hot Room because that is where Phoenixes go to incubate while they wait for the rebirth cycle to start, so logically she should be in the egg, but this is Marvel so who knows.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pray to Marvel it's 616 present day Jean inside that egg and Scott happened upon it within the missing year.

i think so too and would pray for a marvel miracle

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: i think the phoenix will be responsible for secret wars and makes all the reality/timelines fight for the new world order or have everything back to normal and not have time broken

No Caption Provided

i was going to make a forum like this one, lol.

No Caption Provided

THE PHOENIX EGG IS THERE AT TH END OF ALL THINGS!!!!!!!!!

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: i think the phoenix will be responsible for secret wars and makes all the reality/timelines fight for the new world order or have everything back to normal and not have time broken

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

It would make sense that the Phoenix is what will fix this all considering the last time she was hatched her work included timelines and healing through the manipulation of time and reality.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: interesting as a fan of the X-men I do hope they play a big role in SW and "old" Jean comes back soon and SW is one way to bring her back. Hear my pray Hickman and deliver from us from the evil of Bendis.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: interesting as a fan of the X-men I do hope they play a big role in SW and "old" Jean comes back soon and SW is one way to bring her back. Hear my pray Hickman and deliver from us from the evil of Bendis.

Second that :)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

It would make sense that the Phoenix is what will fix this all considering the last time she was hatched her work included timelines and healing through the manipulation of time and reality.

True, that is what i was going for

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't the M'kraan crystal suppose to the nexus of all realities. Good place to put a Battleworld or way to bring a universe/multiverse back.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@earthsmightiest said:

SW meaning Scarlet Witch? Why would she be needed to bring Jean back when Jean is one with the resurrection force? Plus it was proved that Wandas powers even when amped by the lifeforce can't touch things in the White Hot Room, so it shouldn't even be possible for her to bring Jean back, if in fact by SW you meant Scarlet Witch, if not my bad.

Isn't the M'kraan crystal suppose to the nexus of all realities. Good place to put a Battleworld or way to bring a universe/multiverse back.

The crystal is the door to the nexus, but apparently the heart of the Phoenix (The White Hot Room) is the actual nexus.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EarthsMightiest
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest said:

SW meaning Scarlet Witch? Why would she be needed to bring Jean back when Jean is one with the resurrection force? Plus it was proved that Wandas powers even when amped by the lifeforce can't touch things in the White Hot Room, so it shouldn't even be possible for her to bring Jean back, if in fact by SW you meant Scarlet Witch, if not my bad.

SW means Secret Wars :)

im just thinking, the phoenix has powers to do secret wars because it can heal stuff and destroy stuff with time travel/multiverse.timelines

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@lordofallhumans said:

@earthsmightiest said:

SW means Secret Wars :)

@earthsmightiest said:

im just thinking, the phoenix has powers to do secret wars because it can heal stuff and destroy stuff with time travel/multiverse.timelines

That would be cool if was Jean Grey.

We would see how Jean reacts to

• Division of Schools
  • Avengers Vs X-Men Event
  • Hope Summers
  • Death of Professor X
  • Mutant Population rising
  • Mutant Revolution
  • Original 5 X-Men on Present Time
  • Present Jean Grey meet and interract with Past Jean Grey

Also which team would she joining ?

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: I think she would be dissapointed with how things have gone. I would like to see her on uncanny Avengers and eventualy form a new X-men team. Scott needs to go away for awhile.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: if adult jean was alive again wouldnt that mean she is still married to cyclops? they never got a divorce, she just died???????

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I would like to see them try to explain that to a judge.

Excuse me Mrs Summers you have how many death certificates?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@vitalius:

No Caption Provided
  • Division of Schools
  • Jean would probably be pissed, she was a firm believer in Xavier's dream and since she once held his entire mind within her own it's safe to say she knew about all the messed up things he did that made Scott want to sever ties and she was fine with it as she never seemed angry with Xavier before she died. Jean has showed displeasure in the past with Scott and others (Warren) giving up on the original dream, she has also voiced her displeasure of the X-men working with Magneto in the past due to the amount of times he has tried to kill them as kids.
  • Another thing that I think would piss her off, only because Wolverine should have had more faith in Scott and the Phoenix because he acts like he only knew it to be destructive when he was there when it came to save the mulitverse and he also knew first hand that antagonizing it could lead to a Dark Phoenix.
  • Hope Summers
  • Hopefully she just has her reabsorbed into the White Hot Room, I can't imagine she doesn't know about Hope as she was the one collecting those 5 Phoenix pieces to get ready for Hope to do Phoenix work.
  • Death of Professor X
  • She is going to be pissed, or she should be. He was a father figure to her too, and her mentor and man that she has known since she was 11 years old, and even after seeing his secret thoughts when Onslaught showed them or whatever she may have seen when she held his mind, she never turned her back on his dream or him.
  • Jean was very pro-mutant she would see the need for the X-men to stop this foolishness so that they can focus on helping and teaching new mutants.
  • Mutant Revolution
  • Like I said she is very pro-mutant.
  • I think she would show more understanding to Beast, he and her have always been close, of course she would admonish him for doing what he did, but as somebody that has been pulled backward and forward through time to learn some lessons herself. I do think she will be upset at how his biased incomplete memory dump has traumatized her younger self and by extension the younger selves of her friends.
  • She could finally give Jeen some real facts about the Phoenix and what it really is and how connected they are then she can erase their memories and have them sent back to where they belong.

If Jean comes back as she was, I don't see her wanting to join either until they are united under what the X-men really are about. It's not about this way vs. that way, it's about creating a safe environment for the kids and teaching the next generation of mutants how to control their powers and accept themselves for what they are.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think when marvel would use jean to be the one to reboot everything through secret wars, the x-men will be as one again under the leadership of JEAN. Since x-titles are not doing well, I think they'd just opt to have one or two x-titles. Though I don't understand how or why it would be jean on the Phoenix egg. I thought only hosts of the phoenix force are the one's who resurrects through an egg. Jean is not a host anymore. she is the Phoenix Force itself.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By Claymore1998

It's an EGG laid* by a PHOENIX.

That sounds like the best answer ^_^

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd actually played around with writing a fan fix in which Jean would come back in a similar way to what a lot of people described here and it would end in basically a reboot at least back to the beginning of Morrison's run but with everyone's memories surviving intact.

That phoenix egg thing does have potential but I fear the teenie Jeanie stuff will mess up any potential story unless they get rid of her and the O5, which I'd be all for at this point

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The phoenix egg is layed by the phoenix force. from it emerges a previous host who already died. The will be where the host resurrects.

The egg emerges in a place and time where the phoenix force would like its host to do a mission

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EC2277

@lordofallhumans said:

According to canon adult Jean is the only logical choice, since she has been the only being to hatch from a Phoenix "egg" twice on panel, and the fact that Cyclops did not leave the solar system as far as we know so he could have only gotten a Phoenix egg from the Blue area of the Moon where Dark Phoenix "died".

@vitalius said:

• Division of Schools
  • Hope Summers
  • Death of Professor X
  • Mutant Revolution

If the egg contain the Jean dead in the Moon, then it contains the Phoenix itself because that Jean was Phoenix which had replaced the real Jean.

What kind of reaction that Jean could have in front to a man who have fight almost alone against the entire world, in order to permit to Phoenix to save the mutant race from the extinction?

I think in a first time she could blame him for some his choices, but in the end I think she could choice only the team of Cyclops.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it can also be fonji.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius:

No Caption Provided
  • Division of Schools
  • Jean would probably be pissed, she was a firm believer in Xavier's dream and since she once held his entire mind within her own it's safe to say she knew about all the messed up things he did that made Scott want to sever ties and she was fine with it as she never seemed angry with Xavier before she died. Jean has showed displeasure in the past with Scott and others (Warren) giving up on the original dream, she has also voiced her displeasure of the X-men working with Magneto in the past due to the amount of times he has tried to kill them as kids.

Well, she isn't called the heart and soul of the X-Men for nothing :-). No one else really exemplifies the idealistic aspect of Xavier's dream - she's been equally a warrior, scholar, and teacher, whereas Scott is primarily a strategist, and Ororo is primarily a superhero. IMHO Jean represents the best aspects of being a mutant, while the other senior team members tend to represent the militaristic side of Xavier's mission statement. I liked that part of the X-Factor storyline - it was basically Jean who pulled her teammates together.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, she isn't called the heart and soul of the X-Men for nothing i agree

and Ororo is primarily a superhero I think ororo has become a good teacher already. I think the kids love her because of her creativity in giving homeworks/assignments. The only difference of storm with jean is that Jean is closer to every x-men. She is more sociable than storm. Storm has a bossy aura in her. Jean is more approachable and friendly. She really gets personal with her team.

I really wish that she stepped up for the leadership position way earlier than before she died. Just like what teen jean did now

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, she isn't called the heart and soul of the X-Men for nothing i agree

and Ororo is primarily a superhero I think ororo has become a good teacher already. I think the kids love her because of her creativity in giving homeworks/assignments. The only difference of storm with jean is that Jean is closer to every x-men. She is more sociable than storm. Storm has a bossy aura in her. Jean is more approachable and friendly. She really gets personal with her team.

I really wish that she stepped up for the leadership position way earlier than before she died. Just like what teen jean did now

Yes - but I'm just clarifying that I don't think any one of those characters is "better" than the others; I tend to think they represent necessary leadership roles the X-Men as a larger organization need to thrive and be balanced - Jean heading up the civilian outreach aspects, Scott dealing with overall strategy and defensive training, and Ororo taking the lead on missions requiring superheroics and a need to exemplify the ideals in a non-traditional format. Different team members can definitely step up and take on one of those roles, but we even see when different lines are launched, there is generally an "X-Men in training" title, a black ops/tactical title, and a superheroic title.

PhoenixEgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes - but I'm just clarifying that I don't think any one of those characters is "better" than the others; I tend to think they represent necessary leadership roles the X-Men as a larger organization need to thrive and be balanced - Jean heading up the civilian outreach aspects, Scott dealing with overall strategy and defensive training, and Ororo taking the lead on missions requiring superheroics and a need to exemplify the ideals in a non-traditional format. Different team members can definitely step up and take on one of those roles, but we even see when different lines are launched, there is generally an "X-Men in training" title, a black ops/tactical title, and a superheroic title.

I completely dig you. i really didn't realize much of those till you said it. I really love the morrison days. I may be bias but I really think that jean is the best or can be the best leader.aside from being the most powerful x-man, she is linked to each and every x-man even without cerebro and she is also a very good strategist and she can pull ideals in a non-traditional format.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want 616 Jean back...

I have had enough of "Teen Jean"...

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EarthsMightiest

So after reading thru the posts it appears to me that everyone WANTS "old" 616 Jean to pop out of the Phoenix egg during Secret Wars?

Make it so Marvel!

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope the finale of the secret wars would be jean vs wanda

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope to GOD it is not the old 616 jean gray.