Who's the most powerful mutant (On Earth) as of 2014?

7474josh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this is probably the most asked question here. But I'm trying to figure out why certain times some characters seem way more powerful than their whole teams (young Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Magik, etc) but still get depicted as "not that powerful". In my opinion (BTW I'm only familiar with the last 2 years worth of X-Men comics in Earth 616). I believe the list goes as follows:

Again. This is only MUTANTS that for the most part LIVE ON EARTH and part of the main Marvel Universe (Earth 616). Not omnipotent beings or heroes that were given their powers in other ways (Galactus, Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Captain America, Phoenix Force, Thanos, etc.) Also this is a list of current characters with their current powers. Not Magneto at his prime, not Hope Summers with the Phoenix Force, etc.

1) Scarlet Witch - Probably the best mix of experienced and full of raw power.

2) Young Jean Grey - Super powerful but still learning to control and focus her powers

3) Legion - Too many personalities and unstable

3) Magik - Her powers are a little warped right now but she seems to be getting back to her own after some lessons from Dr. Strange. Also, she controls everything if she takes the fight to Limbo.

4) Rachel Grey - One of the top telepaths, very experienced, and has other useful abilities.

5) Iceman - Although sometimes he doesn't seem that powerful, he is pretty much indestructible. A little vulnerable to telepathic attacks but in terms of physical attacks, he is pretty unstoppable.

6) Franklin Richards - I believe he is considered a mutant. And could beat anyone on this list in the future. But in his young current stage I believe he is nowhere near his full potential.

7) Tie (Psylocke & Emma Frost). Both strong telepaths, both skilled fighters, both experienced, both ruthless. Both Sexy. haha.

Honorable Mentions: These probably have a say in being up here but I don't know too much about their current status or powers

*Cable

*Magneto

*Storm

*Hope Summers

*Colossus

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quentin Quire is up there.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonSmith

At the moment... Well not the current moment, but in the very recent past, Legion had achieved some kind of Gestalt Mode, where all his personalities fused into one being with him dominant, granting him all their powers. I'd say that puts him at the top of the list.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I would go with Scarlet Witch. Her abilities have always had a lot of potential. Having the power to neutralize almost anything is a great equalizer.

WeaponCatfish1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WeaponCatfish1

legion rachel magik iceman quire storm

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@7474josh:

lol at pyslocke, emma or colossus being sper powerful, they couldnt even take over the world or destroy the world by themselves.

Also Wolverine is pretty powerful because of his metal bones and healing factor, plus hes plain scary. Also Storm is quite powerful because she can control the weather, yikes. thats actually too powerful and scary. Teen jean is only a threat if she had the phoenix powers but by herself not really scary

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By HAWK2916

Believe it or not, you might have to add Sunspot to that mix. He's pretty powerful.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Legion, for we are many.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Legion unless something changed in the last issue of Legacy,

Ignoring all the reality warpers, I'm pretty sure Rachel is stronger then Young Jean at the moment but that's irrelevant because Magik has them beat through the power of casual time travel alone.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By myerlanski

I'm going with Franklin Richards. Even as a child he seems to be on the level of a celestial cosmic type being and already demonstrated he can create a pocket universe. He lacks maturity is all and adult focus. If not him, Scarlett witch because she defeated Phoenix once if I'm not mistaken. Better, I heard that she did, hard to believe if you ask me but whatever.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Beak.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Deathmaster

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion

Scarlet Witch- though she is dead at the moment

Magik

Rachel Grey

Storm

Iceman

Psylocke

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franklin

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Roddy010

Legion

Scarlet Witch

Young Franklin

Cassandra Nova

Rachel Grey

Jean Grey

Iceman

Storm

Magik

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Djainess

Hmm I'd say:

Legion

Scarlett witch

Rachel Grey

Storm

Magik

Iceman(who probably as of yet has to reach it's full potential)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cutter

Legion, Scarlett witch, Rachel Grey, Storm, Magik, and obviously I will also pick Magneto...lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franklin Richards.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mn_logan said:

Franklin Richards.

This ^

Also, Franklin Richards

and Franklin Richards

Not to mention Franklin Richards.

His mutant gene allowed him to literally be God.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The witch is dead guys

Avatar image for cyclops_was_right
CYCLOPS_WAS_RIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The witch is dead guys

and hopefully stays dead (this is unlikely though)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

franklin richards has celestial level powers, mutant & his future self made galactus his herald......

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like to include telepaths/kinetics or reality warpers as I think their powers are mostly stupid. Now, with my terrible logic explained, I'll say Storm, Magneto and Iceman are the most powerful mutants.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By adamTRMM

Franklin Richards and Legion are by far the all-time most powerful

By now?

Magik - I still process what exactly the broken-powers meaning is, I was also heavily wtf'ed by the absorbing Limbo dimension into herself (I guess another concept Bendis disliked and decided to remove in an unexplained awkward Bendis way), but then... she seems really fine, her disks and magic are working, and she also seems to be pretty much exactly as powerful as she was before if not even more. So, am I missing something?

Scarlet Witch - I hate her powers, really. They've become just a plot device to explain every weird decision any writer using in an easy explanation for their nonsense: kryptonite for PF? Check. reducing the numbers of mutants? Check. reviving the absent characters? Check. I could've continued if I wanted, but you already know what I mean. And after everything she did, and being weak-willed and so easily manipulated, still can do in a future, she must be depowered herself, once and for all.

And the classic ones: Storm, Rachel, Iceman etc.. nothing's changed pretty much for no one but Magneto lol

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darthphoenix

@adamtrmm: I hate wanda's powers. 1st it doesn't even have a sure and concrete effect or definition. When someone is hit by a hex bolt, what happens to him? Does he burn?

Franklin Richard...where is he now? sad he dies via sentinel attack.

hope: wouldn't survive a sentinel attack.Basically powerless when alone.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franklin Richards

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate wanda's powers. 1st it doesn't even have a sure and concrete effect or definition. When someone is hit by a hex bolt, what happens to him? Does he burn?

Franklin Richard...where is he now? sad he dies via sentinel attack.

I think whatever she wants happens to them, the plot..hm.. probability effect lol

Why would he die? He stalemated Celestials, even as a kid. Btw, he needs some integration into X-verse, the problem is he will stay a kid until some writer decides it's the time for him to grow up which I'm sure won't happen any time soon.

hope: wouldn't survive a sentinel attack.Basically powerless when alone.

That's exactly why she is still interesting somehow, she cannot really rely on her powers entirely and why the whole idea of Cable's training makes sense and has a future potential for a story to go on, and for some reason I still think she is a redeemable character.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

This

LOL This? I will go with Scarlet Witch and Magneto

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poze11: Lol...too bad I have trouble on my end...wanted to pick another option...lol...

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@poze11: Lol...too bad I have trouble on my end...wanted to pick another option...lol...

lol

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poze11 said:

@cutter said:

This

LOL This? I will go with Scarlet Witch and Magneto

I guess I will say THIS...lol

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By chiq

@hawk2916 said:

Believe it or not, you might have to add Sunspot to that mix. He's pretty powerful.

Interesting. I haven't been following him lately. What has berto done recently? Would you happen to have scans? Have his powers evolved?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By darthphoenix

@myerlanski: scarlet witch never defeated the phoenix force.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like to include telepaths/kinetics or reality warpers as I think their powers are mostly stupid. Now, with my terrible logic explained, I'll say Storm, Magneto and Iceman are the most powerful mutants.

removing the mega-psionics and warpers... then yes... Storm, Iceman and Magneto, along with Polaris, Havok and Vulcan (if he's still alive that is) would dominate all. Whilst Iceman and Vulcan are the only certified Omega's here... i would put Iceman beneath Storm and Magneto - at least - in actual shown power levels... not the Omega potential thing. Vulcan would be number one of course.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Franklin is so boss.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mxyzptlk_CV

I thought we didn't include adult Franklin on the list....I say the most powerful at the moment is Magik...

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL well if you remove all of that actual most powerful, high tier mutants to find the B tier, this really isn't responsive to OP's post.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@7474josh: I like your list.

really? i found it lacks deeper knowledge of the characters. Jean below Legion? really? A child with barely any major psionic feats shown - that weren't triggered by Elder Jean or Emma... vs the most powerful psionic we've ever seen.... The OP was upfront about his lack of knowledge about the characters. 2 years is not long enough to know them.

Young Jean has potential. But i believe the writers have been mistaking her for Post-Phoenix 90's Jean... Jean Grey was a powerhouse... but on the Gold Team, Storm utterly owned the power position. Sure teen Jean should get an honourable mention, but not the number 2 spot.

Also Psylocke? really? She's a deadly as ninja psychic... and with so many telepaths off the table for some reason or another, she's in the upper strata of telepathy. But she's a fragging Minnow compared to Rachel, to Teen Jean even, to the Cuckoos (together)... heck even damaged Emma could probably take her.

Magik might actually belong on the list atm... since she is carrying limbo around within her at the moment, she could easily be the most powerful magic user on earth. But her only real mutant power is teleportation. That's not that significant. Shouldn't Illyana be ruled out of this list then?

Scarlet Witch... doesn't the OP's rules rule her out as well? Most of her power comes from magic... thats not natural. At best her mutant powers would make her an alpha. Its the magic that makes her dangerous. Along with her being crazier than all the inmates at Arkham Asylum combined.

Cable has virtually NO powers at the moment... only very minor pre-cognition. NO telepathy. NO telekinesis. He's a gun-toter. Not a powerhouse.

Also Hope. She is not a powerhouse. That is all. She has no active power-set of her own. She borrows those of others. That does not make HER powerful. It makes clear how powerful THEY are.

Colossus. LOL please. Without the Juggernaut overlay.... Peter is a mid-to high-level super-strength brawler and nothing more.

Magneto is not at his prime. and his powers are broken. He doesn't deserve to be on this list.

Iceman's inconsistency and apparent weakness whilst in "hell" make it hard for me to put him on this list. BUT he is an omega, and he has shown some rather spectacular powers... Future Iceman was also very impressive.

I don't want to rule on Franklin. I think we are occasionally shown what he COULD be... but what he IS... that's harder to determine. Most powerful ultimately... probably... Most powerful now? arguable.

Legion... also... is he still qualifying? He's gone from existence isn't He. If not... we should also include Jamie Braddock on this list... David was alive at the beginning of 2014 tho... so he may still be able to take out top spot.

Gabriel Shepherd. do proto-mutants qualify? marvel.wikia.com/Gabriel_Shepherd_(Earth-616) he allegedly omnipotent. That puts him in Omega status and thus challenging Legion and Franklin for top dog status.