Who do you like the least on the current X-Men teams?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73afcc9b00
deactivated-57e73afcc9b00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who do you like the least on the current X-Men teams? (78 votes)

Colossus 0%
Forge 4%
Iceman 0%
Jean Grey (past) 8%
Magik 1%
Nightcrawler 0%
Old Man Logan 4%
Storm 9%
Angel (past) 5%
Beast (past) 0%
Cyclops (past) 3%
Iceman (past) 5%
Wolverine (X-23) 33%
Kid Apocalypse 6%
Archangel 1%
Fantomex 14%
M 0%
Magneto 3%
Mystique 1%
Psylocke 0%
Sabretooth 1%
Triage 1%
 • 
McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Voted for fantomex really hate that character

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well a few of these have yet to be introduced on a team but hands down I hate Fantomex. I wish it was multiple votes because I'd also add Old Man Logan and all the O5, plus Triage and Sabretooth to that list.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: You hate Sabretooth being on the team, or do you not like him in general?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Past Jean Grey...for making Bobby think he's something else

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like Fantomex the least, though in terms of who deserves to be in a current X-Men line-up he does much better in this list.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sinistersoul: hate him being on the team. I want him to stay a villain. The inverted mess is ridiculous

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Escapes from Mexican prison El Chapo style) KILL FANTOMEX!!!....wait, sorry. I like Fantomex the least....and thats saying something..."saying what?" You ask? Well I'll tell you, It's saying - "KILL FANTOMEX!!"

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I dislike the O5. Everyone else is fine.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

I dislike the O5. Everyone else is fine.

This is what I came in to say

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really dislike the O5

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Extraordinary X-Men:

Love: Old Man Logan
Like: Iceman, Storm, Magik, Colossus, Anole
Indifferent: Nightcrawler, Forge
Take 'em away: Marvel Girl

Uncanny X-Men:

Love: Magneto, M
Like: Psylocke, Archangel, Sabretooth, Mystique
Indifferent: Fantomex
Take 'em away: N/A

All-New X-Men:

Love: N/A
Like: N/A
Indifferent: Genesis, Oya, Teen Cyclops
Take 'em away: Teen Iceman, Teen Angel, Teen Beast, X-23

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Invain

I voted for Jean, but I dislike all of the O5 equally.

Kingthunder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kingthunder99

Storm.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantomex. I dont hate him just like him the least.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Misread the thread thought it meant who like the most not who least like when in that case it would be all of the O5.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@sinistersoul: hate him being on the team. I want him to stay a villain. The inverted mess is ridiculous

I agree.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forge

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So why does everyone hate Fantomex so much? When I read Remender's X-Force I really liked him. Then I saw the end of the first issue of Humphries X-Force and saw him make out with himself and didn't read it after that. Do people hate him because he's appearing too much and has been written badly for a while or something?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Archangel has been essentially used up at this point.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Beast and the O5 NEED to GO HOME.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Storm.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jhazzroucher

Sabretooth.

And I'm just glad a Storm hater stopped going to the Storm forum.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OML! I wish I could vote for him ten times.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@mcklayn said:

This. Just an annoying knock off Gambit

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25  Edited By McKlayn
Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Usually, the writers

2) Many Fans

3) Magneto

4) What? Why Sabretooth and Mystique are counted as X-Men? Ah, well, point 1-2-3...

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Fantomex, and anything Wolverine....

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only really keeping up with Extraordinary, and I like the roster just fine. Guess I don't have a problem with any of these X-Men.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

Fantomex is a pastiche of characters like Gambit and other early 90's 'badasses' actually. Gambit himself is kind of a knock off of Longhsot. They both were tall, lanky, sexy men with crazy hair who were agile and threw projectiles.

In fact, you could sort of argue that most 90s Claremont characters were rip offs of popular 80s characters. The.....uh, 'Asian-ing' of Psylocke was to make her the X-Men's version of Elektra, Jubilee was a knock off of Carrie Kelly from The Dark Knight Returns, and Gambit was Longshot 2.0.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Jean in general.....

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:
@mcklayn said:

Fantomex is a pastiche of characters like Gambit and other early 90's 'badasses' actually. Gambit himself is kind of a knock off of Longhsot. They both were tall, lanky, sexy men with crazy hair who were agile and threw projectiles.

In fact, you could sort of argue that most 90s Claremont characters were rip offs of popular 80s characters. The.....uh, 'Asian-ing' of Psylocke was to make her the X-Men's version of Elektra, Jubilee was a knock off of Carrie Kelly from The Dark Knight Returns, and Gambit was Longshot 2.0.

Heck, and here I thought Jubilee was a knock off of Boom Boom-- but done right. LOL
I have to say... I originally found 'white' Psylocke boring. She reminded me of a watered down Emma Frost. The whole Japanese Ninja--Elecktra Knock off or Not-- did wonders for the characters. Not to mention-- wasn't Elecktra dead for a quite sometime, so Marvel was left with void once she was gone? I guess Betsy fit it well. :P

I can see the whole Gambit/Longshot thing now that you mention it. But can Fantomex just stop randomly appearing in X-men comics... It's seriously just as annoying or worse than Deadpool showing up during a good story or serious arc. (I did have hope for Cluster... but that kinda failed.)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cattlebattle

@poisonfleur said:

Heck, and here I thought Jubilee was a knock off of Boom Boom-- but done right. LOL

Boom Boom was originally a teenager with an attitude but she was more white trash and was less cynical, she actually became more increasingly like Jubilee after Jubilee debuted.

@poisonfleur said:

I have to say... I originally found 'white' Psylocke boring. She reminded me of a watered down Emma Frost. The whole Japanese Ninja--Elecktra Knock off or Not-- did wonders for the characters. Not to mention-- wasn't Elecktra dead for a quite sometime, so Marvel was left with void once she was gone? I guess Betsy fit it well. :P

I don't really see the correlation between Emma Frost and Psylocke other than them being telepathic.....and female. Caucasian Psylocke was interesting because she, like the other "Outback" X-Men at the time, were sort of reluctantly on the team. She was low-to-mid level psychic and had nothing in the way of fighting ability. Her becoming an asian woman was part of the characters journey that we never saw the culmination of because Claremont left the book. Personally, I have never cared for ninja Psylocke, she is kind of generic and seems to be favored because of asian fetishizing and the pop cultural popularity of ninjas.

@poisonfleur said:

I can see the whole Gambit/Longshot thing now that you mention it. But can Fantomex just stop randomly appearing in X-men comics... It's seriously just as annoying or worse than Deadpool showing up during a good story or serious arc. (I did have hope for Cluster... but that kinda failed.)

I don't think most people care for Fantomex and probably would actually rather see Gambit. I have never heard Morrison admit it but it seems Fantomex was just supposed a play on cool 90s characters that were best at everything/superhuman and mysterious, you know, like Gambit, Grifter, Shatterstar, Deadpool, those guys, and I don't think was ever supposed to be taken as a serious character......heck, Morrison's whole run was more of a giant criticism of the X-Men franchise . Fantomex's name and and french origin seems to be taken from the character Fantomas and he also seems to carry a bit of influence from Italian comic character, Diabolik.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Darkpesmerga10

@selina_sublime: I spat my water when i saw your All New Xmen one haha. i agree with you on all of them except X-23 i think she would be better without being tied too angel. Cause i don't dislike her in her solo book, but it this book feels like shes someone different.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

Boom Boom was originally a teenager with an attitude but she was more white trash and was less cynical, she actually became more increasingly like Jubilee after Jubilee debuted.

@poisonfleur said:

I don't really see the correlation between Emma Frost and Psylocke other than them being telepathic.....and female. Caucasian Psylocke was interesting because she, like the other "Outback" X-Men at the time, were sort of reluctantly on the team. She was low-to-mid level psychic and had nothing in the way of fighting ability. Her becoming an asian woman was part of the characters journey that we never saw the culmination of because Claremont left the book. Personally, I have never cared for ninja Psylocke, she is kind of generic and seems to be favored because of asian fetishizing and the pop cultural popularity of ninjas.

@poisonfleur said:

I don't think most people care for Fantomex and probably would actually rather see Gambit. I have never heard Morrison admit it but it seems Fantomex was just supposed a play on cool 90s characters that were best at everything/superhuman and mysterious, you know, like Gambit, Grifter, Shatterstar, Deadpool, those guys, and I don't think was ever supposed to be taken as a serious character......heck, Morrison's whole run was more of a giant criticism of the X-Men franchise . Fantomex's name and and french origin seems to be taken from the character Fantomas and he also seems to carry a bit of influence from Italian comic character, Diabolik.

I think what made me think Psylocke reminded me of a watered down Emma was.
1) The telepathic powers and nobody can read their minds power set.
2) She had a moment where she tried to seduce Scott from Jean in the 90s, during the Revanche time period. Reminded me a bit of Emma.
3) The English accents.

Imo, I feel Psylocke's sex appeal went up after she switched bodies to be Asian. Along with her fighting skills. And power-set gave her her signature 'psychic' Knife/Sword/weapon. Plus I love diversity in the X-men. I feel it's one of their strong suits. IMO, I believe that if Betsy would've stayed the white lady in Pink spandex, I feel her character would be brushed to the side over the year in favor of others. Her mainstream look gives her an iconic look and feel. That's what I think anyways.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur Is it truly diversity when she's basically in a magical halloween costume? Dressing up as a ninja in October doesn't really make you Asian, even if Ricochet Rita did your makeup.

I don't much care for sex appeal when it comes to comic book characters, but I do think "Revanche" has a great visual aesthetic. I would just prefer to see it sported by someone who is actually Asian and this might be more farfetched: but someone who isn't stereotype of Japanese media (so no Geishas, Ninjas, or Harajuku Girls please).

Haha. I like the solo as well, but its also the first time I've really enjoyed the character. I think she works best as a solo character trying to work out what it means to be a bio-engineered killer who has discovered her humanity rather than have her inserted into every teen team (New X-Men, Avengers Academy, All-New X-Men, Avengers Undercover) where she plays the role of typical teenage girl who happens to have claws and a berserker rage. I actually prefer the minimal characterization of grunting and dead eyes to the girl who is scribbling obnoxious boys' names in her notebook with her claws.

@selina_sublime: I spat my water when i saw your All New Xmen one haha. i agree with you on all of them except X-23 i think she would be better without being tied too angel. Cause i don't dislike her in her solo book, but it this book feels like shes someone different.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10:

Of course she feels like someone different in All-New X-Men.

Hopeless is just doing a pretty bad job writing her. Kinda sad since I hoped that stuff would get better after Bendis left but nope. Sad thing is that Hopeless even wrote a decent Laura in Avengers Arena. Oh well at least her solo book is great which makes me cope with the butchery