What do the new Blue and Gold line-ups mean for the X-men and Marvel? QUESTIONS

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So the Blue and Gold teams are back! With that said... what does this mean for the X-men's storylines?

The pictures shows a rough idea of what each line-up will be... However we can safely assume...
Gold: Storm, Colossus, Kitty, Wolverine/Old Man Logan, Nightcrawler, and Rachel
Blue: Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Beast, and Iceman.

No Caption Provided

Despite these changes to the mainstream versions of Blue and Gold...

No Caption Provided

QUESTIONS

Does this imply the BLUE team is the Original 5 team? What does that mean for modern day Beast, Iceman, and Angel? Could modern day Iceman be in his solo while the O5 Iceman be in the Blue Team? Is Modern day Beast still with the Inhumans?

Can we expect Psylocke and Rogue back on the Blue team? (--I think Jubilee will go to generation X or stay in Patsy Walker.)

Rachel implied to be back as Jean's replacement for the Gold team-- Will we finally have a chance to have Jean and Rachel interact Or is Marvel going to continue to dodge that bullet till the end of time?

Is it possible modern day Cyclops or even JEAN to return after to Resurrection for the blue team?

Angel is featured in both pictures. Will both Angels show up in each title? (At this point, I think there may even be more than two Angels in the X-books. -Sigh-)

Is Kitty leaving Guardians to join Storm's team now that the GoTG are stranded on Earth?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It would be nice if the O5 was really the adult versions reunited and resurrected or whatever.

But I'm sure that won't happen since the solos will probably be about the teen Jean and teen Iceman. Also teen Cyclops is in Champions so I doubt they just scrap all of that though they really need to

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Invain

I want to hear something about Magneto, Psylocke, and Emma.

We had Jean and Rachel interact in the 90s. Jean was on the gold team in Uncanny X-Men and Rachel was in Excalibur.

I heard that Bendis was leaving Guardians of the Galaxy, so hopefully the new writer let's Kitty come back.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if the O5 are in one group then its easy for me to just one group instead of hating both groups that have the O5 in both.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

I want to hear something about Magneto, Psylocke, and Emma.

We had Jean and Rachel interact in the 90s. Jean was on the gold team in Uncanny X-Men and Rachel was in Excalibur.

I heard that Bendis was leaving Guardians of the Galaxy, so hopefully the new writer let's Kitty come back.

WHAT-- I was very unaware that this happened! Do you by chance have any scans??
And even if-- Teen Jean and Rachel only really bumped into a hallway together and had an awkward moment. That's about it. If your parent came back as a teen--- would't you be SUPER curious?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a good question!
Will the blue team focus on Modern Cyclops since Teen Cyclops in Champions?
Interesting!

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Invain

@poisonfleur said:

I think they met in Excalibur. I didn't actually read it the issue where they met, but it was referenced in the issue of Uncanny X-Men #308, where Scott and Jean decide to get married.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So many white people...

ki_lluminati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAT ABOUT GAMBIT AND BISHOP?

psylocke and rogue with the original 5 from the present its a good idea, only jean, only one chick, kinda need more women. and what the hell is happening to havok and polaris?

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slimlim

@invain said:

@poisonfleur said:

I think they met in Excalibur. I didn't actually read it the issue where they met, but it was referenced in the issue of Uncanny X-Men #308, where Scott and Jean decide to get married.

I'm not sure what event you are referring to exactly, but if you mean when did Jean (and Scott) interact with Rachel and found out she was their "daughter" from an alternate future, that happened in the "Days of Future Present" event in the pages of X-Factor.

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By adamTRMM

@sprior93 said:

So many white people...

Sigh...

No Caption Provided

Not only you just probably implied female Asian and a gay representatives aren't good enough for you (which with black representatives together would make a ratio of 5 to 7, minorities to straight whites), but you also keep being ignorant towards an enormous struggle of three blue men (one of whom happens to be the aforementioned gay by the way!!!) and a metallic one as if their true identity is up to you to decide because either it's your white guilt that obscures your perceptions to their struggle, or is that you speciesism is so toxic you wouldn't even care of coming out the way you did.

Who are you even Sprior? Shame on you.

Am I obsessive enough to be a SJKW now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I was just joking, and I was referring to the new line-up speculation, not the classic blue/gold roster. Still, I'll indulge you. Colossus, Iceman, Angel, and Beast are white. I don't care if their skin turns blue or if they can transform into an elemental substance. They're whiteys. Bishop and Psylocke won't be in these new books. That leaves Storm on the gold team and Jubilee in Gen X.

So. Many. White. People.

The lack of melanin is blinding me.

#WhiteGenocideNow

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

If the books are going to mirror ANAD and whiny-brat-5 rosters, like the speculations suggest then it would be f@ckin terrible. Not only it's unimaginative and regressive, but also boring as hell. That's why I say until there are no official rosters there's nothing to celebrate. Solos of Jean, Iceman and Cable aren't really that inspiring either. The so called "rebirth" of the X-men didn't offer anything to really be called so yet... but then, if think of how uncreative most of Rebirth really is compared to its success, that does make me kind of worried that all the corp has to do isn't really about exciting storytelling, but mindless fanservice, and voila, success is here!

Anyway, back to it, white guilt then?

---------------------------

Self-indulgent speculation for the lolz - if the ANAD mirror roster is going to be:

Warpath, Syrin, X/OML (there has to be one, let's face it), Colossus, Storm and Nighcrawler with fitting freelance in roster building then I might be actually curious for a change.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

"If"

Nah, no if. We're either getting the classic ANAD and O5 rosters, or we're getting a mix of Inhumans and Mutants.

"that does make me kind of worried that all the corp has to do isn't really about exciting storytelling, but mindless fanservice, and voila, success is here!"

You're catching on.

"Anyway, back to it, white guilt then?"

I'm transracial, bro. I was born with the body of a petite white man, but on the inside I'm a 6'5 Tahitian with the soul of a mongoose.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
@poisonfleur said:

No Caption Provided

....Das it?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By poisonfleur

@slimlim said:

@invain said:

@poisonfleur said:

I'm not sure what event you are referring to exactly, but if you mean when did Jean (and Scott) interact with Rachel and found out she was their "daughter" from an alternate future, that happened in the "Days of Future Present" event in the pages of X-Factor.

No Caption Provided

Is that really it??? And they have been awkwardly avoiding one another since??? LOL wtf?
FAIL-MISSED OPPORTUNITY-HECK...Emma and Rachel interact more! :0

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: They spoke again and made amends in the issue of Excalibur where Professor X tries to kidnap Acolyte Colossus and has Cyke perform a laser lobotomy on him to "repair mental trauma"...until Petey says, "No, I just believe in something other than your dream now. Get over yourself, Chuck."

GeekMangacomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just realized something...

Classic Wolverine has appeared on the Weapon X, X-Men Gold, and X-humans covers...

Is Wolverine coming back?

Because I deeeeefinetly can't see him coming back with the release of the Logan movie.

(Sarcasm)

decibel199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By decibel199

There is some pattern in the images, i could guess in the gold team at least nightcrawler,colossus and logan(who knows what version) will be in the team

In the blue my best guess would be cyclops,beast and jean(the younger versions?)

or perhaps the reallity will be boring and this wiil be just renamin extraordinary x-men and all new x-men

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As long as Psylocke is being written by somebody like Cullen Bunn, and less Ninja stabby stabby fake asian/lesbian (I write her a Bisexual, but she only had sex with her boyfriend in a girl body, once, and no one ever mentions it again, well except certain SJW's.)

Bishop should come back and be not an evil baby attempted killing D-bag. I hate what they did to him. Hopefully the X-men will get back to some good ole fashioned adventuring.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided