Things that offend X-men Fans.

• 79 results
poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Whether you believe in the Marvel conspiracy against the X-men or not--- It's obvious that there are some blatant problems going around in the X-men comics... and it's been going around for a while.

Name something (or things) that gravely offend you as an X-men reader that Marvel just does (and should know full well NOT to do!)

Let the ranting begin--

....GO!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Koays

Marrying characters out of the main books to be background/supporting characters in other books.

Interrupting major plots to promote or include other less popular franchises.

Infighting as the main threat for a crossover.

Anything to do with adding or involving X-Men in Avenger's stuff for more then just a world level event.

This guy:

No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to replace them with Inhunans

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Galerion

Everything. That's at least the reception that some of the black sheeps in the community are giving off to outsiders.

Me? I am content as long as my favorite characters are written good. Don't care about much else.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Invain
@galerion said:

Everything. That's at least the reception that some of the black sheeps in the community are giving off to outsiders.

Nah, the community is not that bad. I comment here every day, have had disagreements with a few people, yet I've never been in a serious argument here. Different people have different tastes here. Some people like certain charecters and writers and other people will dislike those same charecters and writers while liking the charecters/writers that the other person dislikes. No one bashes everything tho.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Pretending that they don't exist

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By del_torro

@Koays: hi Koays

Giving Rachel panel time

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crafter
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: You people are gonna miss Rachel when she and I retire.

Avatar image for johndanielmclemore
JohnDanielMcLemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you tell them that Hulk would crush Wolverine... Don't ever say that to a X-Men fanboy lmao

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndanielmclemore: You may need to redirect that to the Wolverine fans...X-Men fans ingeneral could care less

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle

Eh, nothing really offends me to be honest.

I essentially have the personality of Wednesday Addams™

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Immolation

Offend is such a strong word. Slightly annoyed would be more accurate.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Koays

Yea Cattlebattle doesn't have any triggers. He's like

Have I ever mentioned that I feel the strongest parts of Claremont's run were from his Jim Lee period. I mean the story structure was really the best it had ever been and I'm actually a little glad that Nicieza and Lobdell picked up from where he left off since...to be quite honest...I don't think he could keep up with the level of story depth and excitement of the 90s. I mean really....the guy peaked at the Dark Phoenix Saga and sort of just coasted down for a long time from there. So, lucky they came along right?

JohnDanielMcLemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Most X-Men fans would classify as Wolvi fans... Lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
@cattlebattle said:

Have I ever mentioned that I feel the strongest parts of Claremont's run were from his Jim Lee period. I mean the story structure was really the best it had ever been and I'm actually a little glad that Nicieza and Lobdell picked up from where he left off since...to be quite honest...I don't think he could keep up with the level of story depth and excitement of the 90s. I mean really....the guy peaked at the Dark Phoenix Saga and sort of just coasted down for a long time from there. So, lucky they came along right?

Right. By 1984 Claremont was already a has-been. His Excalibur totally sucked balls man. That book didn't become good until Ellis and Lobdell got on it. Simonson was also the best thing to happen to the X franchise. X-Factor was vastly superior to Uncanny in the 80s. And the Messiah trilogy were the best crossovers of all time. Marjorie Liu is also a excellent X writer that doesn't get enough credit. Joss Whedon is underrated. And Cyclops is the most interesting charecter of all time. Right?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
@koays said:
@cattlebattle said:

Right. By 1984 Claremont was already a has-been. His Excalibur totally sucked balls man. That book didn't become good until Ellis and Lobdell got on it. Simonson was also the best thing to happen to the X franchise. X-Factor was vastly superior to Uncanny in the 80s. And the Messiah trilogy were the best crossovers of all time. Marjorie Liu is also a excellent X writer that doesn't get enough credit. Joss Whedon is underrated. And Cyclops is the most interesting charecter of all time. Right?

People with dumb opinions and low standards don't offend me.

Honestly it could be argued that the strongest part of Claremont's run was the Jim Lee era and not just lucratively. The average person without an intimate knowledge of X-books would mostly fondly remember Jim Lee's contributions, including the 90's cartoon series, which, although based off some of Claremont's stuff, more emphasized the Jim Lee/Bob Harras vision of the X-Men. If Claremont would have stayed on the X-Men books and continued to have creative control the X-Men would have been completely different from what we know now. It probably would have been more like what Excalibur was. Claremont would have had leprechauns, demon overlords and mystical Aborigines and other mary sue minority characters running around.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
@koays said:
@cattlebattle said:

Of course. And did I mention how interesting Cable is? Not the whole Mercenary thing but the whole son of Cyclops from the future thing. Makes for a much better leader character then Kitty Pryde would be. And on the subject....John Byrne, really doesn't do comic art as well as Rob Liefeld. Like at least Liefeld is memorable. Also Cannonball lame character, no leadership skills at all.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Invain

@cattlebattle said:

People with dumb opinions and low standards don't offend me.

Lol that was just everything I remembered you talking shit about off of the top of my head.

@koays said:

...John Byrne, really doesn't do comic art as well as Rob Liefeld. Like at least Liefeld is memorable.

Nah man, Cattle has actually said a couple good things about Rob Liefield. I actually think he is a closet 90s X-Men fan.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cattlebattle

@invain said:
@koays said:

...John Byrne, really doesn't do comic art as well as Rob Liefeld. Like at least Liefeld is memorable.

Nah man, Cattle has actually said a couple good things about Rob Liefield. I actually thing he is a closet 90s X-Men fan.

Rob Liefeld isn't as bad as people say. No, he didn't deserve the fame he got in the 90s and primarily rode the coat tails of his other Image folk, and he is very lazy when drawing panels and likely never really took an anatomy class, but I have seen worse art in comics. He basically saved the New Mutants title in the late 80's and with it, the characters that would be in X-Force.

I can be objective with a lot of this stuff. I argue for the sake of arguing. I could honestly tear down Claremont as much as I can raise him up. I have no position. I have no end game. I want to watch the world burn. Hence Wednesday Addams™ ;)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
@koays said:

Nah man, Cattle has actually said a couple good things about Rob Liefield. I actually thing he is a closet 90s X-Men fan.

Rob Liefeld isn't as bad as people say. No, he didn't deserve the fame he got in the 90s and primarily rode the coat tails of his other Image folk, and he is very lazy when drawing panels and likely never really took an anatomy class, but I have seen worse art in comics. He basically saved the New Mutants title in the late 80's and with it, the characters that would be in X-Force.

I can be objective with a lot of this stuff. I argue for the sake of arguing. I could honestly tear down Claremont as much as I can raise him up. I have no position. I have no end game. I want to watch the world burn. Hence Wednesday Addams™ ;)

Lmao..

This is the real reason why people who say we hate everything don't know what their talking about. There's critical deconstructing and analysis for the sake of debate as well as unique perspectivea and intelligent opinions that have both major negatives and extreme positives sides to them among us "blacksheep" X-Fans...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Lmao..

This is the real reason why people who say we hate everything don't know what their talking about. There's critical deconstructing and analysis for the sake of debate as well as unique perspectivea and intelligent opinions that have both major negatives and extreme positives sides to them among us "blacksheep" X-Fans...

Yes. I agree. People that usually just stand by something with an unshakable positive opinion and no criticism are usually dumb.

JohnDanielMcLemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Wolvie fans arent fans of what?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Lmao..

Yes. I agree. People that usually just stand by something with an unshakable positive opinion and no criticism are usually dumb.

It's almost like we're real people with preferences instead of just mop faces who go around expressing equal amounts of enjoyment over everything in the medium. Wow It feels good to be a real boy.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndanielmclemore: if the majority of X-Men fans classify themselves as Wolverine fans..then Wolverine fans aren't really "fans". Period.

If the only reason you like X-Men is because you like Wolverine then I challenge your status as a fan since you only like this one aspect of something that even in passing isn't really about that one thing.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yeah, Liefield just as a artist was tolerable. I enjoyed his New Mutant run. His inclusion took a directionless book and gave it a direction. His art style also wasn't as bad in the 80's. He was more like a poor man's Todd McFarlane back then. It wasn't until the 90's that he went crazy with over sized muscles and pockets.

When he started doing the plots, that's when started to hate him. Those first ten issues of X-Force were hard to read. His layouts were also bizarre.

JohnDanielMcLemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Lol... I meant it as in, if they like X-Men. More than likely, Wolverine is one of their top 3 fav X-Men characters. And thus, they are Wolvie fans.

I didn't mean it as in if you're a Wolvie fan, you're an X-Men fan.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Koays

@johndanielmclemore: lol you'd be very surprised. If you like X-Men you probably like someone most people wouldn't think to like. And Wolverine isn't that we'll liked among X-Fans nowadays....it's like the less you know about the X-Men, the more you like Wolverine.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays said:

Wow It feels good to be a real boy.

It do.

@immolation said:

@cattlebattle: Yeah, Liefield just as a artist was tolerable. I enjoyed his New Mutant run. His inclusion took a directionless book and gave it a direction. His art style also wasn't as bad in the 80's. He was more like a poor man's Todd McFarlane back then. It wasn't until the 90's that he went crazy with over sized muscles and pockets.

When he started doing the plots, that's when started to hate him. Those first ten issues of X-Force were hard to read. His layouts were also bizarre.

I agree. I really liked the uniform redesigns he gave the New Mutant characters. They all had a white stripe or white on their legs giving them a uniformed look while having different embellishments (jackets, belts, sashes) to individualize them.

And yes, there is Rob Liefeld praising happening on an X-Men forum right now......

We're breaking all the rules!!

JohnDanielMcLemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Not by default, most people LOVE Jean (Dark Pheonix). And if they like Jean, chances are her BF gets a fan-boost as well.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's rules? On the X boards?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Bendis rewriting 50 years of characterization of the O5 completly stripping them down to make them more "Progressive" and just that stupid time travel story of theirs thats still makes no sense and nothing of his ideas/creations can ever be retcon because of how much power he has in Marvel. Thats just my opinion though.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People being written out of charecter and ignoring continuity.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Koays

@immolation said:
@cattlebattle said:

There's rules? On the X boards?

1. Thou shalt have no Top 5 writers list without Claremont

2. Thou shalt not make a thread where Morrison is unanimously praised or unanimously shitted on

3. Thou shalt not talk about Xorneto

4. Thou shalt not compliment Rob Liefeld

5. Thou shalt not bad mouth Kitty Pryde

6. Thou shalt not interfere with Time1's illogical hatred of Emma Frost.

7. Thou shalt not compliment Bendis without leaving a balancing negative comment

8. Thou shalt not go 3 months without a favorite character/writer/story/event thread.

9. Thou shalt not talk about the new comics on Wednesdays

10. Thou shalt not ask Koays what he did with @oldnightcrawler's body.

11. Something about Pancakes...?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I knew you had to do some dirty shit to get to the top of the X-Men boards. Smh

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I knew you had to do some dirty shit to get to the top of the X-Men boards. Smh

Don't be silly Immolation. I never did anything bad so that I could get to the top of the X-boards. All the dirty things I did were to make sure when i got there...I stayed.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is oldnightcrawler anyway. Whelp, looks like all the rules have been broken already... Viva La Revolution

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Lol. This is hilarious!!

I guess I'm offended by the social justice warriors who try to push their... whatever on other people.

Oh and I agree about Morrison, Bendis and I agree about the state of the X-men had Claremont been allowed to continue. Hell the Lucky Charms leprechaun would have been outselling Wolverine in every solo comic since the 90's

Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Marrying characters out of the main books to be background/supporting characters in other books.

Interrupting major plots to promote or include other less popular franchises.

Infighting as the main threat for a crossover.

Anything to do with adding or involving X-Men in Avenger's stuff for more then just a world level event.

This guy:

No Caption Provided

Yep.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol is it bad that I've got like 12 more X-Boards rules....?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: Well since you asked (exhales in relief that someone asked)

12. Thou shalt not argue against a Storm fan unless you are prepared to argue against them all.

13. Thou shalt not enter the Omega Level thread and leave in good spirits.

14. Thou shalt not ask about the X-Boards Illuminati. They don't exist and they will disappear you.

15. Thou shalt not have a "make a team" thread that doesn't mention Warpath.

16. Thou shalt not attempt to disprove the CompleX.

17. Thou shalt not attempt to cure the Complex.

18. Thou shalt do nothing with the CompleX except have the CompleX.

19. Thou shalt not seriously discuss PreClaremont X-Men.

20. Thou shalt not acknowledge Deadpools origins as a X-Men character.

21. Thou shalt not Inhuman.

22. Thou shalt not debate Magneto fans with less then 300 post.

23. Thou shalt not trust Sprior.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Lol. Number Twelve is especially true. So is number twenty-two Lmao.

I don't think X-Men fans like to acknowledge Deadpool at all. I bet if that Gambit or Deadpool thread was placed in General Discussion, Deadpool would of gotten a lot more votes.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: Lol hes like when you bring your friend over to show them your awesome new game system and their just like "OMG your baby brother is so adorable"...like "yea, ok I guess..."

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: That's a strange metaphor...lol.

I thought he was okay in small doses, but he doesn't come in small doses anymore. I read his first couple minis, but I haven't cared for any of his ongoings. I've read parts of Cable & Deadpool during crossovers, and that actually seemed like a series that I might be able to get into.