Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That is a very lethal lineup. Two very dangerous and powerful aerial threats (one of whom can control the Weather), a Telepathic Ninja Assassin, and The Master of Magnetism all led by Apocalypse.

The X-Men have their work cut out for them. Good Luck.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr: Yes, very dangerous; however, it looks like Storm, Psylocke, and Magneto will be swayed by Apocalypse -- no funky mind control/body tampering. They may turn on him later in the movie.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad they're going with that. It would've been a tad lame if he was mind controlling them.

Like Oscar said in that interview, he's like a Cult Leader. He dives into the psyche of those at their lowest point and convinces them to follow him just by his words alone. No need to mind control.

Can't wait for this movie. I want a trailer.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 Koays  Online

Holy hell....

OK so if anyone needs or cares enough to donate food/supplies I'll be at my local movie theater. I'm the guy in the tent with the X-logo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I'll donate some X-Men comics to pass the time........or to eat

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Koays  Online

@sprior93: Great, but don't think you can use this as an excuse to pawn off your sucky issues. Last time I had a Chuck Austin book I got serious heart burn, and Bendis books taste like disappointment... And don't even get me started on Aaron, last time I had a copy of WatX-Men I had to lock myself in the bathroom for 3 days....and I wasn't even eating that one.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Cyclops ends up being a main character in this one. I love Psylocke, but I really doubt Munn-Locke, so hope I'm wrong there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: DAMMIT! I need to get rid of my Liefeld X-Force comics *sigh*

maybe I'll just burn them.......yeah, that'll work :)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Koays  Online

@sprior93: lol Yea sure release them into the atmosphere where they can gain even more power.... Tsk tsk, recycling is the key, turn the crap into a tree...a muscle bound gun totting tree....but a tree none the less

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Koays  Online

@deaditegonzo: Im actually a fan of hers, but I think here is where we will see the benefit of the X-Men movies not giving out a lot of dialogue to additional mutants.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM

First Magneto was Shaw's pawn, now he's also Apocalypse's? The hype was real, until now.... These X-men Evolution-esque Horsemen are uninspiring.

All hail the Dawn of Justice!

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love that roster!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: What? Magneto was never Shaw's pawn.....

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

Wasn't he?

"Let’s just say I’m Frankenstein’s monster, and I’m looking for my creator" (C)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Nope.

Shaw killed his mother, Magneto wanted revenge.

Emma, Azazel, and Riptide were his pawns, but never Magneto.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm not sure if they really fit the roles.

That being said, I'm still looking forward to this more than Civil War and BVS.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

Magneto considered himself a product designed by Shaw, he was after him his entire life. Not just regular Nazis. Shaw.

That was my point, Shaw played with Mags' fate, and it defined who Erik has become even more than it did with the Nazis themselves, at the beginning of his way at least.

Shaw was basically the main ideology setter of the Singerverse "hated and feared", "children of the atom" all are the terms he came up with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Ah, I see what you're saying. They were definitely connected, and Magneto was more or less a slave to his anger and lust for revenge(Shaw); however, I think Magneto will have a different dynamic with Apocalypse.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats a pretty powerful and bada$$ line up for his horseman .

Angel = Death?

Storm = Famine?

Psylocke = Pestilence?

Magneto = War?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@thunderbolt30: storm as famine would actually make sense "with no rain you will only know famine" yada yada.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Ah, I see what you're saying. They were definitely connected, and Magneto was more or less a slave to his anger and lust for revenge(Shaw); however, I think Magneto will have a different dynamic with Apocalypse.

What I mean, Magneto we know and love from the comics, is his own man. He was there at the dawn of mutant birth and uprising, and while he didn't choose his destiny alone, his "godfather" wasn't a person, it was a concept, it was the worst in humanity, it was genocide. From there on, it's the way he slowly lost himself to this very concept repeating again and again, until he finally proclaimed "I, ubermensch. I, Magneto" and went batsh!t crazy SA Mags.

Point is, there was no single man that was responsible for his conceptualization, nor did he ever let anyone to be his superior (kneeling before Cyclops was a showing of confidence, even Frost realized that). And that's who this character is.

Now, on both points, in the movie, it's a different character conceptually and terminally. And neither do him any justice. But, after the grand "I was at the mercy of men who just followed orders. Never again." I was willing to forgive the first peccadillo, but if they're really going to go with THAT for the second time, I don't think there's a good enough of an "aphorism" that will make as apologetic this time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Point is, there was no single man that was responsible for his conceptualization, nor did he ever let anyone to be his superior (kneeling before Cyclops was a showing of confidence, even Frost realized that). And that's who this character is.

Perhaps that's all being a horseman is to Magneto -- a showing of confidence in Apocalypse's vision/dogma.

EDIT: Here's an interesting comment from Michael Fassbender at the X-Men: Apocalypse panel

"When we first meet him[Magneto] in this film he's more of a simple guy just living a normal life. He's hung up his cape and his evil ways, but things happen and he's sort of drawn back in..."

What do you make of this?

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Only downside to this is Psylocke is getting that stupid thong... Ugh. I love the concept of her as a Horseman, but if she survives, I hope she gets a better costume by the end.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great lineup.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Koays  Online

So....anyone else predicting Magneto to get freed from mind control and start beating the crap out of ol' En Sabah Nur

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving the 4 horsemen line up. All Very, Very lethal.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not thrilled with Storm becoming one. I think it's a disservice to the character. As for Magneto, the only way I can buy into him becoming a Horseman is for the same reason Wolverine became one, and that was to try and mitigate damage. Better him than someone else who doesn't care about the world and its inhabitants.

I can't wait for this film, though. Very excited.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Koays  Online

@ms-lola: lol well let's not act like Storm has been exactly portrayed with positive marks in these films...not as badly as some would believe, but this seems a step up.

Really though I see them likely combining Apocalypse with Shadowing in this case, with him taking on the role of the mind controlling evil guy abusing Storm's powers that Xavier saves her from.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

As long as Archangel is one, I am happy.

I would have rioted if he wasn't. Being a horsemen is easily the character's most significant event and he is by far the most important Horsemen too IMO (eventually being Apoc's heir and whatnot)

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Was hoping that Wolverine would have been Death, but well you can't have everything. Hope he goes up against Archangel.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@ms-lola: lol well let's not act like Storm has been exactly portrayed with positive marks in these films...not as badly as some would believe, but this seems a step up.

Really though I see them likely combining Apocalypse with Shadowing in this case, with him taking on the role of the mind controlling evil guy abusing Storm's powers that Xavier saves her from.

You are SUCH an X-Men nerd! Good answer!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Koays  Online

@ms-lola said:
@koays said:

You are SUCH an X-Men nerd! Good answer!

Pfft I prefer Mutant God-King

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sprior93: What a deadly foursome!

Warren is Death obvi, Storm is Famine, I'd peg Psylocke as War and maybe Magneto as Pestilence?...although they might not even mention which is which (except "The Angel of Death") I wonder if Psylocke will have a British accent, or if there'll be an elaboration of being the telepathic mind of one woman embedded in the body of another...that's prolly too much to explain with everything else going on, though.

The only thing I'm not so keen on is the appearance of Apocalypse. Using some SyFy FaceOff terminology here, he looks "muddy"...not enough color variation and the facial sculpt looks a little on the generic side (then again the video was pretty blurry so we'll see how he translated in HD)...and I'd also say he's a bit more diminutive in size than I would've expected. Maybe I'm jaded. Maybe we'll see him alter his size later on in the movie.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Your avatar has taken over. O_O

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

From the trailer, Apoc finds Magneto, a supposedly grownup and stoic person at his critical (from the looks of it) so I doubt it was that. Even when Maggie joined Cyke, he did whatever he wished and even was warned by him for that. That doesn't look like it in any form. Being the man he's, turning into a Horseman among those teenagers and young men... Not the Magneto I expect to see. I was hopping for a middle ground, one that isn't an X-man nor Apocalypse's groupie and his complex morals will be seen exposed at its best, but... well, I guess I better wait for more information.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm

Being the man he's, turning into a Horseman among those teenagers and young men... Not the Magneto I expect to see.

He's always been among teenagers(especially in Carey's run): leading the New Mutants and being an X-Man. Also, Psylocke and Apocalypse aren't teenagers, just Storm and Angel(presumably).

I was hopping for a middle ground, one that isn't an X-man nor Apocalypse's groupie and his complex morals will be seen exposed at its best, but... well, I guess I better wait for more information.

There's not enough information to go on, and you may very well get the Magneto you're hoping for.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

He's always been among teenagers(especially in Carey's run): leading the New Mutants and being an X-Man. Also, Psylocke and Apocalypse aren't teenagers, just Storm and Angel(presumably).

Leading them? Yeah. Carey's run, he was after Rogue pfft :p

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i hope we get a better storm that flies.. i hope psylocke is better than the version in last stand.. and doesnt get cut out

XManfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cant wait

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Magneto as a horseman? I don't like it!

My problem with this movie is at this point we don't even have any actual X-men yet..... and this is the 6th movie in the franchise.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Koays  Online
deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Awesome.

andersonhoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not know how they (Beast, Mystique, Alex,Cyclops,Jean teen,Quicksilver, Nightcrawler) will manage to defeat Magneto, Storm, Psylocke and Apocalypse. LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andersonhoran: Quicksilver and Nightcrawler are pretty dangerous, and I suspect a few of the horsemen will turn on Apocalypse at some point.

andersonhoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@andersonhoran: Quicksilver and Nightcrawler are pretty dangerous, and I suspect a few of the horsemen will turn on Apocalypse at some point.

Yes, I think we will see Storm passing to the side of the X-MEN and helping to defeat Apocalypse.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Well, post Phoenix Scott. He's gone now...

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unrelated, but have you guys seen Olivia Munn showing off her katana skills?

I also liked her interview on Conan, she got the character perfectly. She said that the cool thing about Betsy is that despite being a telekinetic and a telepath who could go toe to toe with Magneto or Storm, she prefers to use psionic weapons because she likes to get her hands dirty

Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: really psycloke can go toe to toe with magneto and storm???

Makes me laugh