Rachel's priorities with the X-men??

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Did anyone find it odd how Rachel never sided with Cyclops or young Jean?

For YEARS Rachel has preached how she misses her mom and how Cyclops and Emma shouldn't be together because that's her dad---

And during
Schism: Rachel sides with Wolverine
Post AvX: Rachel sides with Wolverine
Post Battle of the Atom: Rachel sides with Wolverine

She had perfect opportunities to be with Jean-- YOUNG Jean. How many of us would jump at the chance to be with our parents younger self??? (everyone raise your hand)

Even though Rachel fits in much better at the Jean Grey School, it does seem odd how much of a hypocrite she is.. since family was always 'important' to her. Oh well-- I guess the X-men are one big ole' family anyways.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I for one always thought she should be with Cyclops' team. I still hope she finds a way to go over to his side.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

she did join Scott during AvX itself...but yeah, Rachael as a character would have most likely jumped ship to scotts team a while ago. But then your basically dumping all the telepaths with Scott...all the JGS crowd would have left would be Quintin Quire, and I think Psylocke.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically Earth 616 Cyclops isn't her father, her real parents are from another timeline and dead.

Also, its weird she keeps ending up sided with Wolverine, being he stabbed her in the guts all those years ago. Oh well, bygones I guess.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad writing is more like it lol. JGS now has Monet and Blindfold as well as Karma and they could go get Sage. Besides where is it written that every team has to have a telepath? Kinda hate that idea

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Always thought it was weird that Rachel is always with Wolverine

Is her relationship with Cyclops that bad? When Cyclops team asked for people from the JGS to join them, I'd thought Rachel would be one of the people who would go

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wait, but it's not her dad. It's an alt universe/timeline version of her dad. I'm not surprised at all she's stays away from him; that'd be creepy as hell.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HAWK2916

I thought she always called him dad, or at least I think I could recall a few cases of that.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I don't get it...Rachel DID side with YJean and the crap5 in BOTA.

No Caption Provided

And, like, you can't possibly be a proactive fan of the character if the only satisfactory prospective for her to be conceived is that of this self-fulfilled ideal daughter scenario where she's glorified as Scott's heir or w.e--something that's conducive to stagnant horizons especially where Bendis is concerned. She needs to carve out her own presence in the MU without the surnames of Grey and Summers constantly bogging her down and skewing the vision.

She needs to be her own woman. Hence why i'm somewhat eager to see where Wood takes her in his X-Men run as he's far more concerned with deferring from the Grey-Summers schema and going for something a little more 'Rachel', barring her relationship with Sublime, but i'm in the scarce minority of fans who don't really mind the pairing.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Koays  Online

I always assumed that the reason she went back to the school during Schism is because when she left for space, the X-Men were at the school teaching students and we she got back they were on an island off the coast of San Francisco...so she just went back to where she thought they belonged.

After AvX Cyclops was in jail, and when he came to the school her last image of him was killing Xavier....that's pretty much why I think most of the X-kids didn't go with him either. Plus her whole arc in AvX was about how the Phoenix could be controlled, and yet Cyclops lost control.

At the end of Battle of the Atom, I don't think she even considered jumping ship. It was probably just another crazy adventure for her and everything would go back to how it was, until Kitty said she's leaving and took the O5 with her. Honestly I think between the Bota stuff and the events in X-Men with Storm, if Kitty had told her she was leaving for Scott's team Rachel would've left with her.

I like to think that Rachel is her own character and has out grown the Scott/Jean dependence issues she once had. She has been shown to still consider Cyclops her dad but she's an adult now(age in question) so why can't she carve out her own niche in the same way Cable did.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Rachel leaving the school after BOTA makes more sense than Kitty (who Bendis didn't want to share apparently). But like many said 616 cyclops is not her actual father and teen jean (if she's really from 616) is not her actual mother either.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically Earth 616 Cyclops isn't her father, her real parents are from another timeline and dead.

Also, its weird she keeps ending up sided with Wolverine, being he stabbed her in the guts all those years ago. Oh well, bygones I guess.

I remember that... Wolverine stabbing her to keep her from killing Selene because "we don't kill" or some such hypocritical line. I could see her staying away from Scott as long as he's around Emma as we know she REALLY doesn't like Emma.

Still, I maintain that she's actually mole for Scott and it just hasn't been revealed yet.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle

@numi said:

I remember that... Wolverine stabbing her to keep her from killing Selene because "we don't kill" or some such hypocritical line. I could see her staying away from Scott as long as he's around Emma as we know she REALLY doesn't like Emma.

Still, I maintain that she's actually mole for Scott and it just hasn't been revealed yet.

Yeah, he also didn't want her to be consumed by her anger and power or some crap like that too. I wonder if that was ever addressed and what writer addressed it. It just seems like something you wouldn't forget, especially with Rachel who was depicted as having a mean streak.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

I remember that... Wolverine stabbing her to keep her from killing Selene because "we don't kill" or some such hypocritical line.

I thought Wolverine stabbed her to avoid another dark phoenix episode.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

I remember that... Wolverine stabbing her to keep her from killing Selene because "we don't kill" or some such hypocritical line.

I thought Wolverine stabbed her to avoid another dark phoenix episode.

I believe that's a negative ghost rider...but you know Wolverine, stab first, ask questions later.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally just think they made a huge mistake not putting her with the extinction team in Uncanny. Rachel is seriously underused these days and putting her on the team would've been much better. None of the writers seem to know what to do with her, even in Wood's X-Men title I just feel she's kinda out of place

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason I mentioned her on Scotts team is not because she needs to be in his shadow. I certainly never felt Storm was in his shadow on the extinction team. Rachel is a powerhouse and right now Scotts team is short on bodies so she should have a quite a bit of room to shine seeing as how they barely have anyone besides Scott and Magik. Emma is being terribly handicapped, im not even sure she has her telepathy anymore or just barely. In fact for the original concept of the extinction team and gathering the most powerful, I always thought Psylocke or Rachel would have been much better choices than Emma, though shes no slouch.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there's still a possibility that rachel is spying for scott.

Though i think she is in the JG school for her love to teaching. She's been very passionate in training the students. She's really good friends with Psylocke and she might not be getting along well with storm but she said it herself that she loves storm.

In BOTA she even helped young jean and scott escape the brotherhood. She said that in order for the brotherhood to get the 05, they had to go through her 1st.

I just dont get the unlettered psychic conversations of teen jean and rachel

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Hey, why should Rachel switch to Cyclops' team ?

She's doing just fine in the school that's being run by her father, no ?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By poisonfleur

I do like the idea of Rachel being a mole for Cyclops.

It would be so much fun to see Rachel join Cyclops' team and psychically harass Emma in her weakened state... every chance she gets.

For those who don't know-- Rachel does consider Scott as her father-- that's were a lot of the tension between Emma and Rachel comes stems from too. I also believe she also considers Havok her uncle.

It's been said that Cyclops considers Pixie as a daughter... funny how Rachel and Pixie haven't bonded over this yet, eh?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the whole Rachel vs. Emma thing is a bit overblown. I thought they kind of mended fences and have a respect for one another as allies

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be so much fun to see Rachel join Cyclops' team and psychically harass Emma in her weakened state... every chance she gets.

For those who don't know-- Rachel does consider Scott as her father-- that's were a lot of the tension between Emma and Rachel comes stems from too. I also believe she also considers Havok her uncle.

It's been said that Cyclops considers Pixie as a daughter... funny how Rachel and Pixie haven't bonded over this yet, eh?

She still refers to him as "Scott" though, it would be weird to say dad since her version of Scott is dead

I thought Pixie had a crush on Cyclops?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

@poisonfleur said:

She still refers to him as "Scott" though, it would be weird to say dad since her version of Scott is dead

I thought Pixie had a crush on Cyclops?

Because she should refer to Logan as dad.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I think the whole Rachel vs. Emma thing is a bit overblown. I thought they kind of mended fences and have a respect for one another as allies

What do you base this off of? I remember them sniping at each other a lot and more than a few psychic punches being thrown over the years. I always got the impression that Rachel outwardly tolerated Emma at this point but still had a simmering anger at her.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@hawk2916 said:

What do you base this off of? I remember them sniping at each other a lot and more than a few psychic punches being thrown over the years. I always got the impression that Rachel outwardly tolerated Emma at this point but still had a simmering anger at her.

Right^ I was under the impression. Rachel hated Emma and then she eventually randomly went to space. LOL And came back around the time of schism.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HAWK2916

I have to locate the exact issue to be sure but read the friends section of characters on this site. I think it mentions it even there. Again this shouldnt and wouldnt stop them from being on the same team and if we are talking about powerful tp and tk then it would have made sense for Rachel to be included on the extinction team. But it really doesnt matter as long as the character is written well and gets some time and development. Thats something I definitely feel far more comfortable with Woods doing as opposed to her being written by Bendis. I say this excluding the whole Sublime thing

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe her excuse, for leaving a guy she actually called "dad" for the man who stabbed her, was a sentence "I didn't even know we left the school" she should've said "Hey, you got all the telepaths and I refuse to serve with a poseur who steals the the current Show of the Redheads! I don't believe those f*cks actually think she might have something in common with my mom!"

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In 616, Jean died before Rachel was born. Instead, Scott married Pryor and had Nathan. Then ... Scott dumped Pryor at the mere rumor Jean might be back. I don't think she really sees Scott as 'dad' so much at this point.