• 72 results
HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By HAWK2916

I dont even know what i'd call my teams because it seems lately that every mutant is part of an x-team right now. I only really have two teams at the moment with a few more im working on.

New Xmen or Next Xmen: Prodigy, Surge, Hellion, X-23, Mercury, Rockslide, Dust

Xforce: Wolverine, Cable, Domino, Warbird, Colossus

I would like to find a place for Amelia Voght, Abigail Brand (somehow), Gambit, Rogue, SirynBanshee, Chamber, Iceman, Angel and Kitty

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By HAWK2916

By the way Amelia Voght- experience and teleporting, Abigail Brand- tactical leader, Gambit- recon ground agent, Rogue- power and absorption flight, Siryn/Banshee- flight sonic scream, Chamber-power and telepathy.

That has the elements of decent x-team

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@john_valentine: @papad1992:

for this mentor role you guys are talking about, I think I would most like to see any combination of Kitty, Moonstar, and/or Gambit, all of whom have been previously great in the big sister/brother role. Any one of them, not so much, but any two of those three could be great.

Like we stated above... Gambit is unfit to lead/mentor a group of teens. He's too busy becoming a thief again! And Kitty I think would be a great mentor... Moonstar and Kitty would be an awesome team-up too... :P

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Like we stated above... Gambit is unfit to lead/mentor a group of teens. He's too busy becoming a thief again! And Kitty I think would be a great mentor... Moonstar and Kitty would be an awesome team-up too... :P

I think they would be great. I like the idea of them being the homeroom teachers with whom the students would most often interact, but I also think the idea of having other senior X-men as background, occasionally used to teach certain subjects, but without being the focus otherwise. just to keep the idea that these student's teachers are the X-men, in a broader sense than what the specifics of a given story arc might be.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I approve of this line up!
Wow -- Color me impressed.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine: @papad1992:

I like Agent (Director?) Brand a lot, but I really don't see her in this role. I would like to see more of her, but preferably in the Avengers books, as I'm not a big fan of X-men in space.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By Backflip
@john_valentine said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

As in Abigail Brand!?

what about her?

As a mentor?

She seems a bit rough to act as a suitable mentor for the kids, anyway, she's kinda caught up with her other responsibilities.

I want Dani Moonstar back as their mentor for the New X-Men. Hell, she was their choice, even Prodigy who'd originally got guidance from Karma transitioned by free will over to Dani. She really gelled well with all of the kids and should lead/guide them if they were ever to reassemble.

Also, concerning Elixir, I appreciate John Valentine's vision and it's pretty much my ideal interpretation that since Necrosha, Josh has gone off and become a quasi-messianic figure to a village or small town, gaining devout followers and what not. It'd link in which his exploration of self that he was going through during New X-Men and whilst on Utopia.

Also, Dani is his guardian... why hasn't she gone and found him yet? This really should be addressed.

Anyway, my ideal line ups.

Summer's Rebellion/Extinction Team- Primary aim is to be revolutionary, and proactively fight for mutant rights whilst maintaing the safety of the World at large. Still aim to 'Astonish'. Very Preachy, and constantly getting into fights with the Avengers/Uncanny Avengers but trying hard to remain the paragons of Mutant development. Ideologies cross between classic Magneto Brotherhood/Xavier rhetoric. Enemies: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Mr. Sinister, Cassandra Nova, Brotherhood, Sentinals

1. Cyclops
  2. Emma Frost
  3. Magneto
  4. Storm
  5. Sage
  6. Warpath
  7. Magma
  8. Cannonball
  9. Angel (Secret Funder. Not actual field member)

X-Force (Closely linked with Scott's Team)- Black Ops division ran by Cable but with Scott's blessing, aiming to again protect Mutants but in more of a Wetworks fashion. Internationally wanted 'criminals', they seek to eliminate threats to the future before they arise. Enemies: Stryfe, Clan Akkaba, Bishop, Shadow King, Apocalypse, Purifers

• Cable
  • Magik
  • Psylocke
  • Domino
  • Fantomex
  • Rachel Summers

The Jean Grey School for Gifted Youngsters- The school was set up to train the next generation, but they still get their hands dirty on occasions. Publicly disagree with Scott's branch of radicalism even if not all members of the School are Anti-Mutant revolution. However, the safety of their custodians comes first and Kitty has made it very clear she won't fraternize with Scott and his Extinction Team, regardless of their history.

• Kitty Pryde (Headmistress/IT)
  • Wolverine (American History/Physical Education)
  • Iceman (Maths)
  • Nightcrawler (Religious Education)
  • Beast (Physics/Chemistry)
  • Danielle Moonstar (Guidance Councillor)
  • Cecelia Reyes (Biology)
  • Karma (Librarian)
  • Chamber (Music)
  • Husk (Literature)
  • Northstar (French/Flight Training)
  • Danger (Danger Room)
  • Colossus (Art)
  • Angel (Business Studies)

New X-Men -The Next generation of Mutants. They all attend to Jean Grey School for Gifted Youngsters, but Kitty knows it's a harsh world out their, and in respect to Xavier's vision she runs the team through training, learning how to use their powers both offensively and defensively. Ultimately, they will be the next X-Men.

• Hellion
  • Surge
  • Elixir
  • Armor
  • Dust
  • X-23
  • Pixie
  • Genesis
  • Oya (Only temporarily. Will soon become the vessal for the Shadow King)

Uncanny Avengers- Not really an X-Men team, but still, they are the 'Mutant' division of the Avengers and deal with Mutant issues, even if not all the team cares for Mutants

• Scarlet Witch
  • Quicksilver
  • Beast
  • Wonder Man
  • Vision
  • Justice
  • Firestar

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip said:
@john_valentine said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

As in Abigail Brand!?

what about her?

As a mentor?

She seems a bit rough to act as a suitable mentor for the kids, anyway, she's kinda caught up with her other responsibilities.

I want Dani Moonstar back as their mentor for the New X-Men. Hell, she was their choice, even Prodigy who'd originally got guidance from Karma transitioned by free will over to Dani. She really gelled well with all of the kids and should lead/guide them if they were ever to reassemble.

Also, concerning Elixir, I appreciate John Valentine's vision and it's pretty much my ideal interpretation that since Necrosha, Josh has gone off and become a quasi-messianic figure to a village or small town, gaining devout followers and what not. It'd link in which his exploration of self that he was going through during New X-Men and whilst on Utopia.

Also, Dani is his guardian... why hasn't she gone and found him yet? This really should be addressed.

Agreed with everything above... Abigail Brand is too... rough for lack of a better term! Moonstar would be perfect... It would remind me of when the New Mutants (original) took off on a road-trip for like awhile! And I'm always stating the big question mark over the Dani/Elixir relationship! They technically have had no real contact with each other since New X-Men disbanded! Inconsistencies like that hurt characterizations!

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992: Tbf though, ever since the New Mutants appeared back on the scene and Dani got swept up in all that Asgardian mojo, what actual interaction has she had with ANY of her proteges? It's like Marvel Editorial have completely rescinded on that aspect of her life and all the development she made with Emma/Scott etc in favour of making her Valkryie 2.0

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip said:

@papad1992: Tbf though, ever since the New Mutants appeared back on the scene and Dani got swept up in all that Asgardian mojo, what actual interaction has she had with ANY of her proteges? It's like Marvel Editorial have completely rescinded on that aspect of her life and all the development she made with Emma/Scott etc in favour of making her Valkryie 2.0

Well now that she's apart of this Fearless Defenders title and too busy with her Valkyrie-side of her history, I fear that her relationship to those X-students will never reappear! And now Prodigy is going to be apart of the Young Avengers...

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip said:

Well now that she's apart of this Fearless Defenders title and too busy with her Valkyrie-side of her history, I fear that her relationship to those X-students will never reappear! And now Prodigy is going to be apart of the Young Avengers...

Bling! and Cipher (two of the least interesting New X-Men) are going to be in Wood's X-Men Vol. 4 too.

The majority of the last New Mutants run wasn't very good to say the least. I'm not sure who it was trying to appeal to?

I think Carey would be a great writer for the younger X-Men. Take Rogue out of his hands and give him the Academy X kids to work with.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

@backflip said:

Bling! and Cipher (two of the least interesting New X-Men) are going to be in Wood's X-Men Vol. 4 too.

The majority of the last New Mutants run wasn't very good to say the least. I'm not sure who it was trying to appeal to?

I think Carey would be a great writer for the younger X-Men. Take Rogue out of his hands and give him the Academy X kids to work with.

That's interesting about Bling and Cipher (u have a link) but Cipher isn't a member of the X-Students from New X-Men.

Carey would be ok with dealing with the teens! I'd rather have the old creative team from New X-Men back again!

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Backflip

@john_valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@backflip said:

That's interesting about Bling and Cipher (u have a link) but Cipher isn't a member of the X-Students from New X-Men.

Carey would be ok with dealing with the teens! I'd rather have the old creative team from New X-Men back again!

I could definitely get behind Carey returning, often it seemed like besides Kyle/Yost he was the only one that really gave a damn about the Younger generation of Mutants. But still, preferences lie with either K/Y or Carey. I think we've moved past Nicezca (Spelling?) and I feel that he's told the story he wanted to tell.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By oldnightcrawler

the Uncanny X-men

This is Cyclops' team, based out of Emma's school. These are the X-men the world hates and fears. These are the X-men who live underground as outlaws to protect each other from the injustices of a cruel and unfair world. With respect and admiration for the work of Xavier, these are the characters who stand for mutant rights.

I think this team is pretty good, but I think I'd do the others a little different.

X-men

This is Storm's team, based out of Wolverine's school. These are the X-men that the Avengers like. These are the X-men who dare to live under public scrutiny to justify their ideals. These are the characters who have incorporated Xavier's dream into their own.

Wolverine and the X-men

This book should be about the students of Wolverine's school who are too young or too dangerous to be X-men, and the semi-retired X-men who watch out for them.

Astonishing X-men

This would be Moonstar and Cannonball's team of new X-men based out of the Australian outback, away from the politics of the other X-men, and most of the rest of the MU.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Love this really interesting teams

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a thought about a new xmen team. It would consist of: Prodigy, Hellion, Gentle, Surge, X-23, Armor, Trance, and im undecided about Mercury and Dust. This team would be mentored by Emma Frost who would basically leave Cyclops team because their issues to start her own thing basically filling the role Charles Xavier. This team would either exist in an alternate universe or another timeline. The enemies they would face would be: Apocalpse, Sinister, Sentinels, A new Hellfire club, The Brood, Weapon X, Quentin Quire. Also Elixir would become some type of Godlike figure with a cult following as someone else described. He would come to be in a role like Magneto establishing his own government/country and providing healthcare in exchange for supremacy and dominance. His followers would be fanatical and a huge threat to the new Xmen team.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By HAWK2916

My other teams are as follows

X-force: Cable, Domino, Psylocke, Warbird, and Wolverine- I want him back to the old wolverine and he would just feel a need to do whatever necessary to protect the school and mutantkind in general, he would leave the school turning it over to Beast and Kitty.

Uncanny Xmen/Xtinction Team: Cyclops, Monet, Magneto, Warpath, Magma and the Cuckoos. Possibly Emma could stay, the interaction between her Monet might be interesting. This team would also be willing to take enemies out like X-force. Cyclops has proven he will do what needs to be done and now as a revolutionary he definitely can get his hands dirty.

The School/Team (formely WATX): Kitty, Iceman, Beast, Frenzy, Rachel Summers they also run the school with younger kids like Idie and others in attendance (maybe some new kids). The team helps new mutants deal with their new abilities and develop them.

Storm's team: Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Chamber, Sage. Classic xmen team

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I had a thought about a new xmen team. It would consist of: Prodigy, Hellion, Gentle, Surge, X-23, Armor, Trance, and im undecided about Mercury and Dust. Also Elixir would become some type of Godlike figure with a cult following as someone else described. He would come to be in a role like Magneto establishing his own government/country and providing healthcare in exchange for supremacy and dominance. His followers would be fanatical and a huge threat to the new Xmen team.

Storm's team: Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Chamber, Sage. Classic xmen team

I think these sound like great teams!