New Mutants Roster Revealed?

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Apologies if there isn't already a forum on this movie.

So, Josh Boone took to Instagram and it looks like THIS is the New Mutants roster we'll see.

To sum up:

• Magik
  • Mirage
  • Cannonball
  • Wolfsbane
  • Sunspot
  • Warlock

What do you guys think? Not a fan of Warlock personally, but I could see the marketing potential and comic relief factor the character could bring.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Exciting

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they will tweak Warlock and Magik.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not a fan of Warlock at all. Karma should be there or Warpath or Boom Boom but not Warlock

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kinda hoping for Douglok kinda just hoping for Doug.....

Idk if I can see a whacky robot asidekick in a live action movie doing much for the cynicism crowd of 2016 (plus its kind of weird even in comics). But I'm on board

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't have Warlock without Cypher but it's ok.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way cool Junior!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays said:

Idk if I can see a whacky robot asidekick in a live action movie doing much for the cynicism crowd of 2016 (plus its kind of weird even in comics). But I'm on board

Meh, I guess you could call Warlock a whacky robot sidekick, but, he wasn't really. It's true he was often played for comic relief mainly because of his naivite to earth customs but his overall characterization was kind of dark . I mean, after all, the major arc of the character was that on his planet it is custom for fathers to murder their sons or vice versa as a right of passage and he was created by Bill Sinkewicz with Claremont, whose run was some of the darkest imagery and stories the X-Men comics had ever had. I don't see how you couldn't portray the character any different from the robot from Chappie or something like that.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Well maybe...but I don't feel like they could do to much of that in a X-Men movie without the other characters getting a serious hit to them in screen time or development.

I mean unless they are making this with the mindset that there is definetly going to be a New Mutants 2, I feel like Warlock having a "killer robot who wants to be good" arc would either suffer or make others suffer. I mean worst case for him is he gets the "Vision" treatment from Avengers 2 and best case he becomes chappie and steals the story.

Though it would be interesting to see if they "Singer-ize" him as a character. Make him a living Sentinel/mutant sentinel (combo of bastion, Danger and Karina Shapinar) and then have him basically develops alongside the plot. It would also save time of establishing any of the space stuff that has never before been tackled in that universe.

Idk just thinking out loud, but goofy robot sidekick is just the easy copout

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@cattlebattle: Well maybe...but I don't feel like they could do to much of that in a X-Men movie without the other characters getting a serious hit to them in screen time or development.

I mean unless they are making this with the mindset that there is definetly going to be a New Mutants 2, I feel like Warlock having a "killer robot who wants to be good" arc would either suffer or make others suffer. I mean worst case for him is he gets the "Vision" treatment from Avengers 2 and best case he becomes chappie and steals the story.

Perhaps the movie opens with the New Mutants already together and they find Warlock and that becomes the central focus of the film. A group of kids finding an alien does sound like the kind of Spielberg-ian movies that were popular in the 80's....the time when the New Mutants were popular.

@koays said:

Though it would be interesting to see if they "Singer-ize" him as a character. Make him a living Sentinel/mutant sentinel (combo of bastion, Danger and Karina Shapinar) and then have him basically develops alongside the plot. It would also save time of establishing any of the space stuff that has never before been tackled in that universe.

Idk just thinking out loud, but goofy robot sidekick is just the easy copout

I think Fox is definitely going to start heading into the more science fiction, comic accurate realm with these movies. They see Marvel make a ton of money and they they saw the praise Deadpool got, not to mention I think it was the highest grossing R rated film of all time. Not to mention Magik is in this movie also and everything interesting about her stems from a mystical realm full of demons. So, they might just have Warlock as part of the Technarch.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kids just say no to Warlock. Lol

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wish Karma was in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just want to see Magik hit stuff with her sword.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

I just want to see Magik hit stuff with her sword.

QFT