• 56 results
McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By McKlayn

Ok i havent been able to keep up with X factor like i would of liked, and it's a damn shame its ending. But i read some off hand comments on my face book about Monet being dead?!?! So uh is it true, did they kill off M?

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Madame_Mist

Her and Guido got into a massive brawl. She took a nasty blow and now she is presumed dead. I'm just so hoping she is not dead.

No Caption Provided

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Veitha

Oh no, they can't kill M! Damn it, she's one of the coolest members of X-Factor :(

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Curse of Gen X strikes again!! What does that make Jubilee the Vampire? Husk in Limbo and Chamber lost in the shuffle of that school, is all thats left!

OH and Hollow, (aka penance) who is some where in Avenger limbo

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Her and Guido got into a massive brawl. She took a nasty blow and now she is presumed dead. I'm just so hoping she is not dead.

No Caption Provided

oh, man. What a smeggin' waste of a great character. I hope she's not actually dead.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, it wasn't the brawl with Guido that did her in: She fought Hades (Pluto?) and, him being a god and all, and thus, way outside her weight class, he beat her so bad she was dying of internal brain hemorrhaging. When Layla Madrox told her, she decided to go out with a bang rather than a whimper, and fought Guido in hell. Guido didn't know about the hemorrhaging, and wasn't hitting her hard enough to even hurt her normally, but she expired during the battle.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McKlayn

yea i loved her, flipping sucks if she really is gone

i would of liked to seen her as the mystery member in the X men cast, esp since her and jubs has history

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mcklayn said:

yea i loved her, flipping sucks if she really is gone

i would of liked to seen her as the mystery member in the X men cast, esp since her and jubs has history

oh, that would be great!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By papad1992

@mcklayn said:

Ok i havent been able to keep up with X factor like i would of liked, and it's a damn shame its ending. But i read some off hand comments on my face book about Monet being dead?!?! So uh is it true, did they kill off M?

I guess u deleted the duplicate thread where I posted... but yeah she's been presumed dead, because the issue left off with a cliffhanger. But i gotta say, the fight between Guido and M was pretty heated and cool. She definitely knew this coming. When Darwin had contact with M (because of his death god-like abilities) he could sense she was dying, also Layla Miller knew about this and told M she was dying and M's reaction was to tell no one and she stormed off. So when Guido and M were going at it, she continued to get weaker and weaker (even Guido noticed this). Shatterstar and Jezebel went down to the underworld (i presume) to find M, but all they found was Guido holding M crying, asking them to leave him and her there, and Star and Jez left. It's all because she had contact with one of the Death Lords (which I think is totally idiotic). Since the series is ending I guess these characters will be thrown into Limbo anyway, why not leave the fans disappointed. I'd rather see, like someone previously said, M join the upcoming all-female team of X-Men.

AND WHEN IS BANSHEE/SIRYN COMING BACK!?!?!?!? She became an Irish goddess and just disappeared.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lykopis

O_O

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

She dying from internal bleeding. I hated her, so I'm glad.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

actually? how come?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Teerack

@oldnightcrawler said:

@teerack said:

actually? how come?

How come she's bleeding or how come I hate her?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Teerack

@oldnightcrawler said:

@teerack: how come you hate her?

I think she has a really awful personalty and is stupid, and I mean that she is actually stupid most of the arguments she has with people are based on the the kind of logic a moody 16 year old would use. I my self used to be Muslim(am currently a Atheist) and am half Arab. I don't get offend at literally anything, but because she acts like an idiotic loud mouth temperamental child, and is literally the only main stream Arab/Muslim super hero I find her to be offensive.(Didn't count the new Green Lantern because he was JUST introduced.)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: huh. well I guess I can see that. to be honest, I rarely consider what a character's religious beliefs are, but I get that that's a sensitive subject for some people.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

I guess u deleted the duplicate thread where I posted... but yeah she's been presumed dead, because the issue left off with a cliffhanger. But i gotta say, the fight between Guido and M was pretty heated and cool. She definitely knew this coming. When Darwin had contact with M (because of his death god-like abilities) he could sense she was dying, also Layla Miller knew about this and told M she was dying and M's reaction was to tell no one and she stormed off. So when Guido and M were going at it, she continued to get weaker and weaker (even Guido noticed this). Shatterstar and Jezebel went down to the underworld (i presume) to find M, but all they found was Guido holding M crying, asking them to leave him and her there, and Star and Jez left. It's all because she had contact with one of the Death Lords (which I think is totally idiotic). Since the series is ending I guess these characters will be thrown into Limbo anyway, why not leave the fans disappointed. I'd rather see, like someone previously said, M join the upcoming all-female team of X-Men.

AND WHEN IS BANSHEE/SIRYN COMING BACK!?!?!?!? She became an Irish goddess and just disappeared.

i didnt delete it lol, one of the mods did :D but yesI would like to see Siryn back she was pretty cool, still i hope M isnt dead :D

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@mcklayn said:

i didnt delete it lol, one of the mods did :D but yesI would like to see Siryn back she was pretty cool, still i hope M isnt dead :D

She probably won't die... she's too "perfect!"

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#20 god_spawn  Moderator

She should have just stayed invulnerable in Jersey. None of this would have happened.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

M should be joining up with Scott's uncanny xmen, I think. At least it would be interesting to see that

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

M should be joining up with Scott's uncanny xmen, I think. At least it would be interesting to see that

I would like that, her and Husk both ftw!!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@hawk2916 said:

NO.... that's horrible. These Gen X characters can't catch a break.

Synch is dead

Skin is dead

Chamber is "teaching" at the JG school.

Jubilee is a vampire

Husk is mentally damaged and out fo control (I hate you Jason Aaron)

M is apparently dead (damn cliffhanger)

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By papad1992

@teerack said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I think she has a really awful personalty and is stupid, and I mean that she is actually stupid most of the arguments she has with people are based on the the kind of logic a moody 16 year old would use. I my self used to be Muslim(am currently a Atheist) and am half Arab. I don't get offend at literally anything, but because she acts like an idiotic loud mouth temperamental child, and is literally the only main stream Arab/Muslim super hero I find her to be offensive.(Didn't count the new Green Lantern because he was JUST introduced.)

M has always had a pompous attitude and personality, only recently in the past year or so has she been implementing her religion into her pompous attitude and remarks. M is the all-around b*tch that everyone loves to hate. I know she really wasn't like that during her Gen X days but X-Factor is where she really blossomed into who she is now. She's hot-headed, short-tempered, stubborn, and haughty, but that's why we (or at least I) love her.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992:

why would it be horrible? They are good characters that need to be developed more on the mainstream

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By McKlayn

@mcklayn said:

@hawk2916 said:

Synch is dead

Skin is dead

Jubilee is a vampire

yea im confused about whats horrible lol, M and Husk both are getting the limbo shake atm if they joined the Uncanny Cast they would possibly get some shine time

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

M has always had a pompous attitude and personality, only recently in the past year or so has she been implementing her religion into her pompous attitude and remarks. M is the all-around b*tch that everyone loves to hate. I know she really wasn't like that during her Gen X days but X-Factor is where she really blossomed into who she is now. She's hot-headed, short-tempered, stubborn, and haughty, but that's why we (or at least I) love her.

yeah, me too.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mcklayn said:

@hawk2916 said:

that would bring a lot of drama lol Imagine if Scott falls in love with Monet with Emma in the same title, I'd love to see something like that

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@veitha said:

@mcklayn said:

@hawk2916 said:

that would bring a lot of drama lol Imagine if Scott falls in love with Monet with Emma in the same title, I'd love to see something like that

I would love to see a mini Gen X reunion in Uncanny X-men. M especially since her and Emma are great foils for each other. As for Scott, i rather he stay single for the forseeable future, but i like how much fun it would be to see M flirt with him in front of Emma. ^-^

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I was thinking along the lines of Scott falling for Monet. Either her or Frenzy again. Husk would be cool as well though I had held out some hope that she could join WATX and get back with Chamber. While were on it im getting tired of Magik and would much rather have Spiral as the teleporter on the team

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@teerack said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

That development was so pointless and annoying, as well as being contradictory to how she'd behaved in the past.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

yeah, me too.

I mean, am I right? What other character(s) can u say that have the same behavior/attitude/personality that M has!?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@mcklayn said:

@hawk2916 said:

Synch is dead

Skin is dead

Jubilee is a vampire

yea im confused about whats horrible lol, M and Husk both are getting the limbo shake atm if they joined the Uncanny Cast they would possibly get some shine time

The "horrible" thing was for them to join Cyclops and friends. They don't fit in with that crowd. Even though they have a tie to Emma Frost, that shipped has sailed, and I'd be surprised if Emma even recognizes her former students!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

yeah, me too.

I mean, am I right? What other character(s) can u say that have the same behavior/attitude/personality that M has!?

If she's like anyone, it's probably Emma, in that she's one of the only other characters who seems so arrogant because she's a telepath. But she was taught by Emma. But besides having a somewhat similar background and some of the same powers, what I like about them as characters is completely different. M seemed to care less what others thought of her, and was more quick to action, both of which made her seem much more free.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see M and Emma interaction. But Monet would destroy Emma in the snark department.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would love the Gen X reunion, damn it marvel make it happen!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By papad1992

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

yeah, me too.

If she's like anyone, it's probably Emma, in that she's one of the only other characters who seems so arrogant because she's a telepath. But she was taught by Emma. But besides having a somewhat similar background and some of the same powers, what I like about them as characters is completely different. M seemed to care less what others thought of her, and was more quick to action, both of which made her seem much more free.

Ooh that is good connection... M was taught by Emma and has similar personality traits, wonder where she learned em!? :P

The one thing different with Emma and M is that throughout the years, M was only seen in X-Factor, written by Peter David for 8 or so years, so pretty much developed and earned herself this sort of stable personality trait of being a b*tch, while Emma has been seen through many different titles, written by many different writers, some got her haughtiness spot on while others missed it completely. So she has been unstable in that matter (for example... now).

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

Ooh that is good connection... M was taught by Emma and has similar personality traits, wonder where she learned em!? :P

The one thing different with Emma and M is that throughout the years, M was only seen in X-Factor, written by Peter David for 8 or so years, so pretty much developed and earned herself this sort of stable personality trait of being a b*tch, while Emma has been seen through many different titles, written by many different writers, some got her haughtiness spot on while others missed it completely. So she has been unstable in that matter (for example... now).

I don't even know if it's fair to say she learned those traits from Emma, since she was written that way right from the beginning. Actually, it was probably their relationship that first got me into Emma as a character.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By papad1992

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I don't even know if it's fair to say she learned those traits from Emma, since she was written that way right from the beginning. Actually, it was probably their relationship that first got me into Emma as a character.

I was giving a little nod to the coincidence that's all. The Generation X students have been some of my favorite characters forever now.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was giving a little nod to the coincidence that's all. The Generation X students have been some of my favorite characters forever now.

Yeah. I'm a fan of Jubilee, Chamber, Husk, and M especially. I liked Skin and Synch too, when they were part of the group, but I don't miss them particularly now.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

Yeah. I'm a fan of Jubilee, Chamber, Husk, and M especially. I liked Skin and Synch too, when they were part of the group, but I don't miss them particularly now.

I loved all of their quirks and relationships!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

yeah. they were like the New Mutants of my generation..

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

... -_- ...

really.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By oldnightcrawler
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By papad1992
McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

... -_- ...

really.

same way i feel about them lol

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By papad1992

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

... -_- ...

really.

Really... well I was born in '92 and consider The New Mutants to be the new mutants and Generation X as generation x. Each one has its own entirety and world, and comparing them is like comparing Liefeld's X-Force with Remender's X-Force, both are hard-edged books, both featured the newest and best art of its time (arguably), both displayed aggression and task-force like missions. But their difference contributes more than their shared qualities. Remender's X-Force was a black-ops killing crew that took care of threats too dangerous for the mutant race to face head on, while Liefeld's X-Force dealt with military-man Cable tutoring willing young heroes into becoming a militant task-force.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

... -_- ...

really.

Really... well I was born in '92 and consider The New Mutants to be the new mutants and Generation X as generation x. Each one has its own entirety and world, and comparing them is like comparing Liefeld's X-Force with Remender's X-Force, both are hard-edged books, both featured the newest and best art of its time (arguably), both displayed aggression and task-force like missions. But their difference contributes more than their shared qualities. Remender's X-Force was a black-ops killing crew that took care of threats too dangerous for the mutant race to face head on, while Liefeld's X-Force dealt with military-man Cable tutoring willing young heroes into becoming a militant task-force.

I think what you misunderstand is that me and Nightcrawler are saying hmm, see i was born in 82, so when i read Gen X i was a teenager, i related to the characters on more of a personal basis then i did the new Mutants. The New Mutants were relatable to teens from there era, and Gen X teens of my era, yes they are each their own unique and awesome entity and i loved the New Mutants for what they were, but i relate more on a personal level with the Gen X. By the time i read the New Mutants they were X force and they were really teens any more. I knew characters that acted like Skin, or Monet for example, the whole point of "school books" are to relate to the teen and preteen readers, get them attached to certain characters and grow with them. LIke many of the posters here love the Anole, Rockslide, Ect class and for the same reason

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

... -_- ...

really.

I think what you misunderstand is that me and Nightcrawler are saying hmm, see i was born in 82, so when i read Gen X i was a teenager, i related to the characters on more of a personal basis then i did the new Mutants. The New Mutants were relatable to teens from there era, and Gen X teens of my era, yes they are each their own unique and awesome entity and i loved the New Mutants for what they were, but i relate more on a personal level with the Gen X. By the time i read the New Mutants they were X force and they were really teens any more. I knew characters that acted like Skin, or Monet for example, the whole point of "school books" are to relate to the teen and preteen readers, get them attached to certain characters and grow with them. LIke many of the posters here love the Anole, Rockslide, Ect class and for the same reason

And what you and oldnightcrawler seem not to understand is exactly what you said above: "They are each their own unique and awesome entity." That's all I was trying to convey. Nothing more nothing less. It's awesome to hear what you relate to more but it's not relevant to what we were talking about.

'