Do you like the idea of Uncanny Avengers?

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you like the idea of Uncanny Avengers? (25 votes)

Yes 24%
Kind of 32%
No 44%

The idea behind the original concept was, in the fallout of AvX a X-Men team and a Avengers team joins forces to form a new team.

You like the idea, or no?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It makes sense, but I don't like it as a reader.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't hate the concept. I've never cared for the Avengers, but I thought it sounded somewhat interesting. It should of ended after Remender's run, though. It no longer feels like the team's came together, it's arguable if it ever did. Instead it feels like some X-Men joined the Avengers.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By HAWK2916

I just felt like the concept was a better one for New Warriors instead of it being an Avengers book. It seemed like the New Mutants or Generation X members should have joined up with the New Warriors like Justice, Firestar, and Namorita

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: The majority of mutants haven't tried to be on the Avengers

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer my mutants to be in the xmen.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

It's the only logical conclusion for any mutant-turned-superhero in the Marvel Universe.

Nobody wants to be in school forever. Except Cyclops.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't hate the concept. I've never cared for the Avengers, but I thought it sounded somewhat interesting. It should of ended after Remender's run, though. It no longer feels like the team's came together, it's arguable if it ever did. Instead it feels like some X-Men joined the Avengers.

This basically.

I mean I guess I could also say that i felt like they used a little bit too much of the X-Men's mythos to build a threat for the team, so it really felt like it was something that should've been an X-Men story (especially considering what was going on in most X-Books at the time) But ended up being the Avengers going after X-Men threats.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the Best Idea of the last years. [not always the best writing, but the best idea]

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kind of. I was never interested in the Avengers but the idea made sense.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HowlingWolves

I didn't like it because it seems to of taken the place of my favorite X books.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not really. I liked Remender's run because I'm a fan of Remender. But in general I don't really care for the X-Men joining the Avengers.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I like the idea... but the execution really sucks. This series desperately needs to overlap with other x-books frequently to make any kinds of sense at all.

MicroSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

It makes sense, but I don't like it as a reader.

Basically this.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The concept wasn't bad, but calling them Avengers wasn't the right start. Felt like a takeover, and after AvX those feelings were especially amplified. Remender had some nice ideas, turning Kang and Apocalypse into rivals was a gold one. Only that wasn't really Apoc... and while I consider Apoc Twins some of the better new villains, I wanted the rivalry be strictly regarding the big guns. The next thematic XandA adversary combo would've been Ultron and Sentinels. Strange it still didn't happen.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I just felt like the concept was a better one for New Warriors instead of it being an Avengers book. It seemed like the New Mutants or Generation X members should have joined up with the New Warriors like Justice, Firestar, and Namorita

Here, here. It made very little sense to have experienced members of both teams who were already indoctrinated instead of focusing on younger characters that tended not to get any focus on them. Justice, Firestar, re-powered Moonstar, Chamber, Husk, Cannonball, and Night Thrasher could have joined up with Havok, Polaris, Scarlet Witch, and She Hulk or Quicksilver to make a more balanced team IMNSHO. I initially included Captain America to give them legitimacy but I prefer characters who don't often get the spotlight getting the chance to lead or co-lead.