Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EarthsMightiest

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/07/marvels-death-x-mutants-inhuman

No Caption Provided

Over the past few years, the mutants and Inhumans of the Marvel Universe have shared an interesting relationship. The X-Men were once Marvel’s flagship franchise, have recently focused on sorting out their own problems rather than taking center stage at world-changing events like Secret Wars. Meanwhile, the Inhumans, once a fascinating corner of the Marvel Universe, are now more populous and widespread than ever, thanks to Black Bolt’s Terrigen Bomb awakening latent Inhumans all over the globe. Now, the rival relationship between these two disparate, diverse Marvel groups has been literalized with the revelation that the Terrigen Mists don’t just give Inhumans powers — they’re also deadly to mutants. This October, Marvel will publish a four-issue miniseries, Death of X, that dives into this complicated relationship, and fills in some long-awaited questions about what happened in the eight months since the end ofSecret Wars and Marvel’s “All-New, All-Different” reboot. The series will be co-written by X-Men writer Jeff Lemire and Inhuman’s Charles Soule, with art by Aaron Kuder (check out the cover of issue 1, drawn by Kuder, above).

“Right now things are not good for mutantkind,” Lemire says. “On the flipside, Inhumans have been growing and becoming more prominent in the Marvel Universe. There’s a lot of tension between these characters about that, and also within the fandom.”

Any mutant/ Inhuman conflict is, by its nature, larger in scope than a scuffle between two different groups of Avengers. Both groups are large, diverse, and encompass villains as well as heroes. And this problem, too, is nearly impossible: the Terrigen Mists are vital to one species’ survival and deadly to the other. The stakes couldn’t be higher in this apparently zero-sum game. Though leaders like Medusa will obviously have big roles in how things unfold, don’t expect a uniform reaction from either side.

“For both sides of this, it doesn’t affect just a small group of them,” Soule says. “There are heroic Inhumans, but it also affects the bad guys and the psychotic ones just as much as it affects the nice love-and-happiness ones. It’s not just their livelihood and way of life but their very lives at stake, so they’re gonna react the way you think they would. Some people move to some kind of shared solution, but there’s a lot of superhero punching and blasting and stuff like that.”

Most of Death of X takes place at the beginning of the post-Secret Wars eight-month gap, and as a result will answer some burning fan questions. Perhaps most notably: what happened to Cyclops? The controversial X-Men leader has been missing and presumed dead since the All-New All-Different launch. Death of X will finally fill in some of those blanks, in ways that will have major ramifications for the current-day storylines.

“We’ll definitely see some characters who have been missing in action since the series launch,” Lemire says. “We’ll answer the question of where certain mutants have been, and what’s happened to them. Cyclops is the big one, he’s the one we’ve said was dead and that’s all we’ve really said. His death was very controversial, so obviously that’ll be a big part of the story we’re telling here.”

To hear them tell it, Soule and Lemire are just as excited to reveal some of these long-burning mysteries as fans are to read them. But they’re still staying mum on important story details. For instance, what does the title Death of X mean? Does it refer to one specific death, or a more abstract “death” for the entire X-universe of mutants and X-Men? For that, you’ll just have to wait until October for the first two issues of Death of X (with the final two following in November).

Some new info from Marvel's Death of X panel at SDCC:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-x-men-inhumans-prepare-death-x

Since the launch of "All-New, All-Different Marvel," X-Men fans have eagerly awaited the reveal of what exactly went down between Cyclops and the Inhumans during the eight-month gap following"Secret Wars." Now, all stands ready to be revealed. As part of the upcoming Marvel NOW!initiative, the publisher will launch "Death of X" -- a series designed to specifically address all the questions X-fans have been asking about the conflict between mutants and Inhumans.

To set up the series as well as run through what's in store for the X-Men and Inhuman lines, Marvel held a "Death of X" panel at San Diego's Comic-Con International. Moderated by Marvel talent scout Rickey Purdin, editor-in-chief Axel Alonso, writers Cullen Bunn ("Uncanny X-Men"),Tom Taylor ("All-New Wolverine"), and artist Scott Koblish ("X-Men '92") took the stage to discuss all things X and Inhuman.

"Death of X" #1 variant by Aaron Kuder

"This is a huge story that’s going to fill in the gap between 'Secret Wars' and where we are now in current continuity," said Alonso. "You’re going to find out where Cyclops and Emma have been and that involves the X-Men and the Inhumans." Purdin then showed off some of Kuder's interior art, which featured Cyclops and a group of X-Men on a Blackbird jet, as well as a look at the Inhuman Royal Family.

The presentation turned to "Uncanny X-Men," and Bunn spoke about his book's new arc. "From the first issue we've been hinting at the Hellfire Club and what they've been up to. With issue #11, we're going to reveal a new version of the Hellfire Club and the way it's connected and opposed to Magneto's team of X-Men is real interesting and will change how you look at the team. Information about issue #13 was revealed, stating that the X-Men and Hellfire Club will have a begrudging team-up. "They're not pals or buddy buddy, but they are working together against a new threat," said Bunn. "It's a new threat but also has some deep connections to Magneto."

Bunn's other series, "Civil War II: X-Men," came up next. "The arrival of Ulysses in the Marvel Universe has set a lot of different factions at odds," said Bunn. "Magneto's interested in Ulysses and thinks it's the key to the ongoing survival of mutants. He's decided the only way to make sure Ulysses benefits mutantkind is to take him off the board and put him in Magneto's camp. Magneto's making moves to secure Ulysses." In issue #3, Magneto's team will go through changes with some "fan favorite" characters showing up in the series.

Tom Taylor spoke about "All-New Wolverine's" "Civil War II' arc and the positive responses to the book -- and Laura Kinney's pet wolverine Jonathan. "Basically we've had Laura meet Old Man Logan, her estranged non-father from another dimension," said Taylor. "The tension caused by that is interesting. Essentially because of 'Civil War,' there's a prediction about Logan that might put him at odds with the all-new Wolverine."

"All-New Wolverine" #13 cover by David Lopez"All-New Wolverine" #13 variant by Ron Lim

The next arc after "All-New Wolverine's" "Civil War II' tie-in is "Enemy of the State II." "I don't want to give too much away," said Taylor. "If you've read 'Enemy of the State,' I was pitching something early on and we realized it was the spiritual successor to 'Enemy of the State.' It's not going to be pretty. This is one of those instances. Laura's going to murder a bunch of people and that's going to put her at odds with the world and she will be unhappy, out to find whoever controlled her and forced her to do this thing. And people like Nick Fury will be coming after her."

Koblish, who is illustrating the upcoming "Deadpool Annual," talked about the special issue which is done in the style of "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends." "It's 'Deadpool and his Insufferable Pals,'" said Koblish. "All the expectations you'd have about watching a 1983 cartoon, the villains have expectations about how they'd be treated but they aren't treated that way by Deadpool." The issue will be done as if it's a pilot of a failed '80s Deadpool Saturday morning cartoon. Koblish changed his art style to mimic accurately the animation style of early '80s cartoons. The Sinister Six will be the villains in the annual. "I thought I could draw it kind of straight, or I could draw it like a 1980's cartoon," said Koblish, noting that he didn't differentiate line weight when illustrating the issue and also drew things "wrong" and "clumsily."

"Deadpool" #19 will continue the running "Deadpool 2099" arc, which is also illustrated by Koblish. "It ties in heavily with the storyline going on now [in the modern-set 'Deadpool' issues]," said Koblish. "The great thing about Warda is that she's as unbalanced as Deadpool... When I did the design for the facemask, I did it like a broken heart and I wanted to show that not everything is great in [Deadpool's] family. I think about these things, I swear."

"Extraordinary X-Men" came up next, with Purdin catching up the audience on recent events in the Jeff Lemire-written series. Issue #14 will focus on the fall out from Colossus' involvement in "Apocalypse Wars," as he's still tainted with the villain's essence. Victor Ibanez will draw the arc following "Apocalypse Wars."

Wolverine and Angel will headline "All-New X-Men" #12. Issue #13 will follow Idie, Evan and Iceman as they encounter the terrigen mist for the first time in the series' run. And issue #14 will focus on Cyclops, especially following his fight with Toad that left him badly injured. Purdin said the issue will have a "Rear Window" feel to it.

The focus shifted to the Inhumans, with "Uncanny Inhumans" #12 appearing on the screen. That issue will show the Inhumans getting revenge on Iron Man following events in "Civil War II." The cover for "Uncanny Inhumans" #15 was shown, which is the first issue after "Civil War II" and shows Medusa shaving her head.

Alonso talked about "Mosaic" #1, saying that he's a character without a body that jumps from host to host. "He not only brings his own powers, but also the powers and memories of all the hosts," said Alonso. "He's able to see what it's like to walk in other people's shoes. He's a flawed character. He has more of a curse than a gift. He's a character to watch and he has a huge role in an upcoming storyline."

The floor opened up for questions, with the first one being about the key word in the title of the upcoming series "Death of X" -- "Death." Alonso said that Marvel has been dealing with rumors of the X-Men's demise for years, and maybe Marvel likes teasing with fans just a little bit. But joking aside, he urged the fan to check out "Death of X" and wait to see what it really is -- and also thanked the fan for his question. Alonso answered the next question about Cyclops, saying that the character is his favorite X-Man. Purdin pointed out that "Death of X" will reveal what happened with Cyclops in the eight month gap, as well.

Another fan asked about the other Summers brother, Havok, who's been missing for a while. Bunn answered, saying "his absence is purposeful. There's a reason you haven't seen him. But you will definitely be seeing some Alex Summers soon."

After prompting from a fan, Bunn revealed that he has written more than a few letters to his editors asking when Magneto will fight the Inhumans' leader Black Bolt. Alonso said he "wouldn't be surprised" if we saw that throw down at some point.

The panelists then talked about planning out their stories, with Alonso saying that they're usually planned out with the big picture for a year. "We've been building to 'Death of X' for some time," said Alonso. "It's an explanation point. When we were planning 'Secret Wars,' we knew there'd be an eight month gap and what it meant. We've known for at least 18 months to two years where Cyclops and Emma have been -- at least in the broad strokes. At least 16 to 18 months before, we know what the story is about."

Purdin then surprised Koblish with a question about the grossest thing he's drawn in "Deadpool"; Koblish said it was a guy he drew that had been cut in half, which he treated like "an anatomy lesson."

Alonso said he wants to see more of Iceman -- both of them -- especially in light of his recent coming out. "It's not something we did lightly," he said, reiterating that there are more stories they want to tell with both the young and adult Iceman. "We do have plans for both of them, obviously they're in different books right now. I wouldn't be surprised if you see him doing bigger and better things in the future."

A fan asked about Gambit's future, and Alonso said that there are more plans for the Ragin' Cajun. Bunn mentioned that Gambit's in "Civil War II: X-Men," but he doesn't know if there are any plans to have him on a team book right now.

Bunn brought up an idea he's tried to get greenlit for a while, which spins out of "Siege" when the Avengers Sentry ripped Ares in half. "I've long pitched a story where Deadpool teamed up with the left half of Ares."

A passionate X-Men fan then asked the panelists what they need fans to do to really support the book. "If you adapt the mentality that you're going to wait for trade, what you're doing is contributing to the cancellation of the series. Comics count on people being there once a month to pick them up," said Alonso. "It's important to support that small book. If we were to launch an 'Iceman' solo, support that book. Don't go, 'That first issue was great, I'll wait for the trade.'" Alonso continued, pointing out the criticism and hate that some creators and storylines get online. "The discourse on social media is also very shrill. If we only followed social media, people want us to tell them how the story ends. To the degree that you can help make that discourse more reasonable, please do. It's the people that type in caps that get heard the most."

Tom Taylor chimed in and said that he would like to hear people talk more about what they love. "We get on Twitter and we love seeing what fans love. We understand what you want to see less of because it's loud and all in caps, but tell us what you love." Bunn said that he wants people to talk about the books they love in their comic shops.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Immolation

Maybe it will finally say what happened to Emma Frost as well. With it being a prequel, at least it cant really make anything worse.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: You say that now but they might just suprise you in the worst way

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: You say that now but they might just suprise you in the worst way

I meant that it cant really make the current titles worse. It can still make things worse for the X-Men as a whole.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

More Garbage!! They are taking the Inhumans writer and having him tell a story with the most boring and Cyclops-hating X-men writer in Lemire... and what? This is supposed to actually tell a satisfying story? What a joke. This is literally becoming unbearable

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Why do you guys say the current X comics are bad? What do you expect from this stuff?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I actually sighed when I saw Lemire's name on it.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation: I bet a lot of people had that same reaction.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: Good writing? Intriguing stories? Actual X-Men characters?

What do you really think we are complaining about? Lemires book is boring....that's leagues better then the stuff these same people were saying about Bendis. We're tired of the X-Men getting their a$$es kicked or going on adventures with no consequences or continuity being the only option for the books.

Where is Rogue? Where is Emma? Where is Cyclops? The characters we want to read about are on the shelf or in stories that aren't about the X-Men. X-23 was completely rewritten as a character..And were exhausted because in the last year the only thing to change is the type of bull crap were getting that prevents good stories.

I hate this. We get bad comics and poor stories that go nowhere and its not a legitimate complaint??? Are you kidding me?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@koays: Fair enough I guess. I like personally Extraordinary.

Also, chill out. I didn't say a single thing about it not being a legitimate complaint. I asked a simple question.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@koays: Heh, getting a little anxious aren't you, "God-King"? Can you save your precious Cyclops?

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

X-23 was completely rewritten as a character

Nah, she wasn't. Everyone who has read All-New Wolverine knows that and there is a reason why it's one of the most critically acclaimed X-titles on the market.

You have a point when it comes to All-New X-Men but who cares in this instance when there is superior alternative available?

Has nothing to do with the actual topic of this thread but I just needed to correct this for potential less-informed readers who might be mislead.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: I'm chill now lol, it just offends me that people seem to think were all making this crap up. Like you say "Wow Marvel is crapping on the X-Men" and someone comes in an says "hey the X-Men have 3 books and like 7 solos so stop whining" and your like "What the hell does that have to do with quality of books if all but one are bad or boring, and the solos are all Deadpool."

Its like we've been saying the books are bad for so long it feels like we'd have more effect screaming at the wall. And to ask what were talking about bothers me.

@galerion - Yea she really was. The X-23 book can be very good. But it doesn't change that 2/3 of her depictions since returning are depicting her very oddly and downright poor. You can't keep sitting in the living room when the house is on fire and say "yea but this couch is comfortable".

@rubear And I'm very much not OK with that.

@sprior93 Lol honestly the event doesn't even bother me, because this is exactly what I wanted from the story. A long flash back showing us step by step how we got where we are. The only thing I'm gonna have a problem with is if Marvel pulls a Marvel and tries to shake things up by killing off X-Men.

This is just what we need to move the very dreary and boring story forward.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HAWK2916

In a fanfic type of effort to put a somewhat positive spin on what is sure to be an atrocious story....I will offer this loosely pulled together theory.

So say that an inverted Havok is who actually tries something to take out the Inhumans. Cyclops then takes the blame for it and Emma hides him away but seemingly kills him. Kinda similar to what she did with Shaw.

So from this we basically get a secret team led by Cyclops with maybe Emma and Rachel shielding him. The team is still fighting for mutants but secretly and hidden from everyone else. Maybe their base is the moon or Lila Cheney's sphere. Also the team is actively trying to fix Havok's inversion

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Havok's inversion might be temporary like Iron-man's was.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: to be honest I'm hoping at the very least Cyclops does get hidden away by Emma or Rachel..... Other wise idk what to say about wasting the most interesting character in the franchise at the moment.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Invain

So, half of this will be a Inhuman story...

No Caption Provided
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@koays said:

@hawk2916: to be honest I'm hoping at the very least Cyclops does get hidden away by Emma or Rachel..... Other wise idk what to say about wasting the most interesting character in the franchise at the moment.

This. Hoping this controversial death they speak of is just them hiding the fact he is hidden off as to not spoil anything, or all the controversy is the fact they force fed slandering him and an off panel death mention in each issue and that itself was controversial because of how stupid it was and is if it happens. Hoping the former more so than the latter, but Marvel hasn't made a good decision in almost a year and I would so rather have Bendis at this point over Lemire on X-Men. At least the cover makes a decent avy.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

This. Hoping this controversial death they speak of is just them hiding the fact he is hidden off, or all the controversy is the fact they force fed slandering him and an off panel death mention in each issue and that itself was controversial because of how stupid it was. Hoping the former more so than the latter, but Marvel hasn't made a good decision in almost a year. At least the cover makes a decent avy.

Yea like he's off in political or selfimposed exile or something. And the X-Men who sided with him are waiting on the next move. There is a GREAT Cyclops story to be told in his survival of this event. But ..if they choose not to tell it? Idk....what else is actually interesting about X-Men right now? I mean seriously...what else is gonna make you pick up.an X-Men comic? Whose story are you invested in? I just...idk where we go from here.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they're replacing mutants with Inhumans because Marvel Studios doesn't own the rights to make X-Men movies?

...No, it couldn't be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

Can Fox and Marvel just kiss and make up?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Good news! Rachel is alive. She'll be in uncanny x-men

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-bunn-readies-uncanny-x-men-for-apocalypse-wars-hellfire-club-civil-war-ii

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Dam.....just when I had given up all hope. Just when i was ready to leave the X-Men. Cullen Bunn is my hero....I...I...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix @koays: but......it was supposed to be Emma....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: That's it. I'm convinced Emma 'died' with Cyclops.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: You can't hurt me today Sprior....Rachel lives, therefore all will be right with the world.

"For Cyke so loved the world that he gave his only begotten daughter, that whoever believes in her will no he didn't perish..but has everlasting life" - Cyke 3:16

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: Bring it on Invain....I'm untouchable. You thought I was powerful before? Now my wife is on her way back home. All is well hethen...All is well.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Invain

@koays said:

@invain: Bring it on Invain....I'm untouchable. You thought I was powerful before? Now my wife is on her way back home. All is well hethen...All is well.

Sheeyit... Your wife? Maybe until you go to work in the morning. Then I come walking in.

Like a boss
Like a boss

And Rachel comes up to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek and then your son looks at me and says, "Daddy!"

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was extatic when i read the article. STARCHILDE lives! Haha!

Remember the time when she went awol and no one knew where she was. She came back to jg school and when asked where she's been, she said she was busy doing superhero stuff. Maybe she's busy saving other mutants from the t cloud.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
@koays said:

Sheeyit... Your wife? Maybe until you go to work in the morning. Then I come walking in.

And Rachel comes up to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek and then your son looks at me and says, "Daddy!"

Lol your funny kid.

No Caption Provided

Real Life depiction of Invain after my darling Waifu explains the difference between peasant trash and Mutant God-King in the bedroom, and my son tells him to step his post game up.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was extatic when i read the article. STARCHILDE lives! Haha!

Remember the time when she went awol and no one knew where she was. She came back to jg school and when asked where she's been, she said she was busy doing superhero stuff. Maybe she's busy saving other mutants from the t cloud.

Or on our honeymoon...you know since that makes more sense.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So were finally going to see why Crazy Scott attacked the Inhumans? Finally I think we all deserve an explanation, however I rather Crazy Scott don't come back....I don't think they need him.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@koays: What? Why does it matter to you that I call him Crazy Scott I find him crazy and that's his Nickname when I see him. However this Death of X will explain why Mutants are screwed by whatever Scott did.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HandOfPrometheus

Emma better not be dead, there will be problems. Also isn't it weird that Hope is not being used or shown up at all? Like Cyclops and half the X-men were tarnished cause of this girl in the first place. Marvel better use her or they just ruined the X-men for no reason!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Lol because it's a common thing nowadays. Crazy Scott, Evil Scott. But what exactly did he do that was wrong? You say he acts like less of an X-Man, but nothing he's done up to this point has been any different then what the other X-Men do in their books. So i'd like reasoning is all...is that too much to ask?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@stormphoenix: Lol because it's a common thing nowadays. Crazy Scott, Evil Scott. But what exactly did he do that was wrong? You say he acts like less of an X-Man, but nothing he's done up to this point has been any different then what the other X-Men do in their books. So i'd like reasoning is all...is that too much to ask?

For all we know Scott's dead. Scott's not Evil.....he's just Crazy most the times. One minute he act's like Magneto(I hate that guys reasoning for things) next he's back to being the cool Scott. I'm sorry I hate Emma she's not needed. Anyway there are some things I agree with him on, but he's just crazy to me.

The X-men in the other books they are trying they really are. Extraordinary X-men is eh, ok however some characters are just not right. Storm is trying Iceman feels like he doesn't know what to do with himself. Magik every now and then throws hissy fits and is there for the sake of the school. Beast...he's Beast.

lol No it's not too much to ask. I like Crazy Scott it's just.......I want him to go back to the scott I like before all this madness.

It's plainly clear the Inhumans Medusa they DON'T GIVE A RATS BUTTOCKS about Mutants. I have been reading Uncanny Inhumans and ALL Medusa has to say is "What's happening to the Mutants is a tragedy, but we must ensure the saftey of our race. Beast and Iso are working on a cure to explain why mutants are getting sick of the T-mist" BULL Crap....they are not doing anything.

I just don't see how raging War against them knowing your race is dying by the thousands and you show up with a handful of mutants....and then you end up losing. I'm sorry Koays, but that's Crazy.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I would like Crazy Scott back only if he Joins Extra X-men and make the X-men back the way they used to be. EVERYONE comes home. (Leave Emma at the Door.)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

“Right now things are not good for mutantkind,” Lemire says. “On the flipside, Inhumans have been growing and becoming more prominent in the Marvel Universe. There’s a lot of tension between these characters about that, and also within the fandom.”

What Fandom do the Inhumans other than Marvel jamming them down our throats and crapping on the X-men characters and their stories... OR Straight out just replacing them.

I really don't know what to think about Jeff L.... Umm.. He uses characters I like-- however his work is just doesn't seem practical. Storm's team doesn't make much sense. And their chemistry is all over the place. It's dire times for the mutants and they just seems kind all over the place internally. I do love Storm and Forge and Logans' love triangle.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#48 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays said:
@god_spawn said:
@koays said:

This. Hoping this controversial death they speak of is just them hiding the fact he is hidden off, or all the controversy is the fact they force fed slandering him and an off panel death mention in each issue and that itself was controversial because of how stupid it was. Hoping the former more so than the latter, but Marvel hasn't made a good decision in almost a year. At least the cover makes a decent avy.

Yea like he's off in political or selfimposed exile or something. And the X-Men who sided with him are waiting on the next move. There is a GREAT Cyclops story to be told in his survival of this event. But ..if they choose not to tell it? Idk....what else is actually interesting about X-Men right now? I mean seriously...what else is gonna make you pick up.an X-Men comic? Whose story are you invested in? I just...idk where we go from here.

Agreed, Hopefully it is just a big swerve. Marvel just said the whole Steve Rogers Hydra thing wasn't mind control and it essentially is. They do say one thing and show another but idk. And nothing really is attracting me to the X-Men at this point. I have zero interest in any X book aside from Bunn's and even then nothing gravitates towards the book that much. At least with Bendis I liked some of his new characters, and I liked his Magik, his Emma had some good moments among some bad and Cyclops goes from uniting all mutants to be hated, slandered, and killed off panel and all that force fed by a supposedly better writer in Lemire, whose stories have fallen flat, his characters boring, and it's ironic that a lot of things Storm is doing is something Cyclops did in a story and it's being written she is fine doing it when he was written as being slandered for it. They take the most controversial and interesting character and give us a crappy teenage version of him that isn't even an X-Man anymore instead as if it's the same thing, and it's not. We need the actual Cyclops back. If it is just a death of Cyclops then don't call this Death of X. However, Marvel would yet again make a very stupid move by killing Cyclops off panel and parrot that notion along with him being bad for almost a year by the point of the reveal that is actually true. And it kind of ruins the gravitas that they could have that he isn't alive because we guess it was true and handled in a very poor way. But this book is 3-4 months down the road. Hopefully with the Marvel NOW launch they get some of their shit together that was this utter flop in ANAD Marvel. So far, some of the books actually seem like they are getting better and some new stuff will be good.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think scott is dead.

Scott aint stupid to attack inhumans by himself. Maybe, frenzy is his spy. Maybe he used the cuckoos, emma and rachel to make most believe that he is already dead so that shield would stop running after him

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Then he'll come out of hiding with a group of mutants that's basically a new Brotherhood. I feel that's were Marvel would go considering what's been happening lately.