No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

So in other words this is how the good X-men help the poor innocent inhumans to defend themselves from the evil mutant man and then mutants and inhumans become friends over the character assassination of Rachel Grey and crucification of Magneto?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The crazy haired lady was being such a bitch. I was hoping Storm would knock her out. Her cloud is murdering mutants, and she was completely unapologetic and didn't seem to care.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Magneto will wreck those Inhumans.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HowlingWolves

I hate the way this artist draws Psylocke. Her face is too round and weird looking. Everyone else looks good though.

I thought this issue was good. I hated the talk between Storm and Medusa but I liked the stuff with Magneto. Rachel was cool and I liked how Bunn actually gave us a bit of a back story on her. I also liked the fight between the X-Men.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Koays

Bunn actually did great to give Rachel a proper introduction to the story. The artist however had a few awkward moments....like making Sabretooth and old man logan look the same and that group shot of Magneto's team where nobody had eye balls except Rachel and hers looked crazy....

Either way as tired as I am of X-Men fighting X-Men with the subtext being about some mysterious event where "Cyclops did a bad thing" I think that the final panel of Mags and Rachel over New Attilan sort of redeemed it because it feels like this could go anywhere from that moment.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The crazy haired lady was being such a bitch. I was hoping Storm would knock her out. Her cloud is murdering mutants, and she was completely unapologetic and didn't seem to care.

Medusa is a villain.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this was Good. But Medusa NEEDS to DIE.

Storm is being Storm that's her character always trying to be the Peacmaker. But judging how mad Storm quickly got. Yeah she will wage War on Medusa.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So storm talked about mags and not getting rid ofvthe t-mist. Great!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Question most people fail to ask is why Ororo doesn't just blast that cloud into space? (Btw, havent they sent Hank over to New Attilan to sort out the cloud and the effects it has?)

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By David_James

I liked this issue. I loved seeing Rachel return.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, I haven't read this yet, but from the comments... lol stormy can't catch a break

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix said:

Question most people fail to ask is why Ororo doesn't just blast that cloud into space? (Btw, havent they sent Hank over to New Attilan to sort out the cloud and the effects it has?)

She can, but Marvel needs a reason as to why Storm can't....Drama. It's true Hank went to go figure out the T-mist, but if you read Uncanny Inhumans he's actually doing NOTHING. Because he's only in 4 issue of Uncanny Inhumans and you know the funny thing?? In one of the Issues there was a device that was said to help solve the T-mist problem, but it was stolen and never found again or even mentioned.

Good Job Marvel -_-

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
@darthphoenix said:

She can, but Marvel needs a reason as to why Storm can't....Drama. It's true Hank went to go figure out the T-mist, but if you read Uncanny Inhumans he's actually doing NOTHING. Because he's only in 4 issue of Uncanny Inhumans and you know the funny thing??

In one of the Issues there was a device that was said to help solve the T-mist problem, but it was stolen and never found again or even mentioned.

Good Job Marvel -_-

Or, regarding Hank, he is getting sidetracked by other matters, like Kang showing up to mess with time... specifically to unmake time so the Inhumans wouldn't exist.

Was this the thing that was stolen from the Quiet Room? I am not sure that trinket would have been to mutants advantage to be honest, since it was made and developed by that Inhuman corporation thing that dont really care about mutants.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art was crap. Story was... I dunno.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Seems to me that Bunn is being forced if you will to write this. It feels like he's just trying to get through it. I can't even understand either Storm nor Magneto's viewpoint. The whole thing just seems stupid and unnecessary

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Seems to me that Bunn is being forced if you will to write this. It feels like he's just trying to get through it. I can't even understand either Storm nor Magneto's viewpoint. The whole thing just seems stupid and unnecessary

It is. I could not bring myself to buy the issue but I am confused why Ororo thought sending Remy would help the Inhumans. This is one of those events where I realized they are writing both characters to be incomprehensible again early on.

@outside_85 said:
@darthphoenix said:

And that is an example of the shoddy writing and plotting that makes this a boring turn of events.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I feel like they're putting out this rubbish on purpose. The art is bad. The story is lame. The X-Men are getting the can and we all know it. Marvel wants us to turn on them and trade in for the Inhumans.

It makes NO SENSE that the Inhumans would knowingly disregard mutant lives as their mist spreads across the entire planet...they're supposed to be HEROES.

I almost wish FOX would create a comics division and buy the X-Men away.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: i agree!

MARVEL: WHERE'S THE LOVE?!

8.1 MILLION COPIES FOR X-MEN1 ALONE

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: The Kang thing is understandable however, the don't mention or touch on what Beast is doing. The object that was stolen had something to do that could potentially fix the Mist problem. But it's as I said they barely touched on it so it's up in the air.

Yeah your right they don't care about mutants. Medusa made it plainly clear she doesn't and she just did it again to Storms face.......so yeah LOL

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: The Kang thing is understandable however, the don't mention or touch on what Beast is doing. The object that was stolen had something to do that could potentially fix the Mist problem. But it's as I said they barely touched on it so it's up in the air.

Yeah your right they don't care about mutants. Medusa made it plainly clear she doesn't and she just did it again to Storms face.......so yeah LOL

Well, even if they had retrieved this thing, it's unlikely that corporation would just hand it over considering they were prepared to go to war with Atillan if they didn't get it back.

I am not surprised, since the Inhumans have a several thousand year old tradition for not really caring about what goes on beyond their borders... But reading this, Medusa does actually have a point, Magneto has been a terrorist for decades, he's killed who knows how many people and damaged the image of mutants over and over again with what he does and he is still doing it: Why doesn't the X-Men stop him?

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This mini is just a prelude to get you to read Death of X which will set the stage for IvX. Anyone else seeing the pattern?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Yeah they did want to go to War LOL but their son Ahura is now I believe C.E.O of it. But yes they won't help even if it was given back.

As for the Magneto thing yeah he should have been brought to Justice long time ago however it's not Medusa that should do it. This scene reminds me of the Time of the Story Arc: Children's Crusade Scott demand Wanda to be put to justice by the Xmen only to be refused by the Avengers because she is one of them. That very same argument could be said for Magneto.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This mini is just a prelude to get you to read Death of X which will set the stage for IvX. Anyone else seeing the pattern?

Yeah, I'm seeing that too.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Not a fan of Bunn's passive and somewhat timid Ororo. Her interaction with Medusa should have been teeming with alot more enmity but then I don't really see him as that strong of a writer anyhow. That entire scene felt..fake, somehow. Like it was trying to be serious but failed.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Yeah they did want to go to War LOL but their son Ahura is now I believe C.E.O of it. But yes they won't help even if it was given back.

As for the Magneto thing yeah he should have been brought to Justice long time ago however it's not Medusa that should do it. This scene reminds me of the Time of the Story Arc: Children's Crusade Scott demand Wanda to be put to justice by the Xmen only to be refused by the Avengers because she is one of them. That very same argument could be said for Magneto.

Hmm, fell off on Uncanny Inhumans, didn't get to that part.

You are right... and a little wrong; Medusa shouldn't have to sort out Magneto for the mutants (and everyone else), they should have done that themselves, ages ago.

As for the other case... I see that as a kind of fundamental problem the X-Men have had for ages now: they are entirely insular when it comes to their problems. Going into House of M and Wanda's failing sanity the X-Men came to Avengers Tower and almost immediately demanded they handle it alone because Wanda is a mutant... which went out the window as soon as Frost (I think) floated the idea that they should just kill her. It's true enough that Magneto should be put on trial by the X-Men... but hunting him down for them isn't what Medusa is saying, she is saying she will put him on trial if he gets caught on her doorstep (which is a sovereign nation after all).

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@outside_85: No Medusa isn't going to put Magneto on trial. It's just like she said he will face Inhuman Justice...they are going to kill him. Not just that she is going to hold not just him, but ALL mutankind accountable.

That's why Storm protest saying he's just one man. Medusa thinks all mutants hate Inhumans which is fair enough however both Medusa and Magneto are ASSUMING things that are not really true and will lead to an early War. Whatever happens in the next issue WILL be the decision factor to why Storm wages War on Inhumans or why Medusa Wages War on Mutants.

Judging by this issue Storms team getting distracted while Magneto attacks New Attilan Medusa will see this as an act of War. She will tell Storm is incapable of dealing with Magneto and he will face justice. Storm doesn't like that she gets pissed and Wages War. Thus we have Inhumans vs X-Men

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Outside_85

@stormphoenix: To be fair, Magneto has earned that kind of punishment quite a few times, and suffered it once or twice as well. Regarding the other mutants... they aren't really making a case for themselves when Storm send in agents without letting Medusa know beforehand or even afterwards and when they fail to frimly distance themselves from what Magneto is doing. Which is the problem Medusa is pointing at; outsiders like her can't tell whenever Ororo's group supports Magneto's actions or not.

That is the problem of perception when one or both sides wont operate with the openness needed for the factions to actually trust each other. Also, both Ororo and Medusa are standing on the same principle of not wanting harm to befall a member of their community... Ororo is devoted to the lives of all mutants, even the rotten ones, and Medusa is equally devoted to the safety of her subjects. The problem is ultimately Magneto, Ororo doesn't control him and Medusa sees it as a problem that she isn't even trying when they already know he means to attack and likely kill one of her subjects.

Very likely... and I suspect it's just going to be the latest in a long line of offenses Magneto gets to walk away from... unlike a lot of others he drags down with him.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@outside_85 said:

@stormphoenix: To be fair, Magneto has earned that kind of punishment quite a few times, and suffered it once or twice as well. Regarding the other mutants... they aren't really making a case for themselves when Storm send in agents without letting Medusa know beforehand or even afterwards and when they fail to frimly distance themselves from what Magneto is doing. Which is the problem Medusa is pointing at; outsiders like her can't tell whenever Ororo's group supports Magneto's actions or not.

Your only half correct on this only because we actually do know a few of the other X-men stand point on this. Sabertooth doesn't really like what Magneto is doing becasue he keeps leaving his teammates in the Dark and Psylocke and Saber don't like that. Monet is FULL ON "YES I"M WITH YOU MAGNETO!!!!" Nightcrawler is only siding with Magneto because he believes this type of power Ulysses has should be carefully watched. Pslocke disagrees. Rachel see's the error in Magnetos way which is why she's Questioning his actions. As for the Mutants on Storm side they have not said NOTHING.

That is the problem of perception when one or both sides wont operate with the openness needed for the factions to actually trust each other. Also, both Ororo and Medusa are standing on the same principle of not wanting harm to befall a member of their community... Ororo is devoted to the lives of all mutants, even the rotten ones, and Medusa is equally devoted to the safety of her subjects. The problem is ultimately Magneto, Ororo doesn't control him and Medusa sees it as a problem that she isn't even trying when they already know he means to attack and likely kill one of her subjects.

Yeah your right the problem IS Magneto the only reason why Storm won't bring the Hammer down on Magneto is because Storm has TOO much faith that Magneto will sway away from his ways. Just like Carol Danvers told her "He's a bad guy, Treat him like one" Storm knows that it's just she is TOO DAMN FORGIVING.....Until you cross the line LOL. However it was a smart play RISKY, but very smart that Storm sent Gambit to stop Fantomex.

Very likely... and I suspect it's just going to be the latest in a long line of offenses Magneto gets to walk away from... unlike a lot of others he drags down with him.

It seems like an ongoing thing with people in this Universe. Maria Hill was supposed to be kicked out of S.H.E.I.L.D yet she still commander and never answered to her actions as they said she was. Magneto floating around killing people and soon to attack a nation. The Marvel Universe has gone to shits very fast.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: But thats not what Medusa knows. I mean, the X-Men have tried, hard since House of M, to present the world with a unified front, that anything moving or shaking in the world of mutants is something the X-Men are both aware of or actively being dealt with by them. People outside of the teams do not know how fractured the state of their fellowship really is.

And to put it bluntly, Medusa, a long reigning monarch herself, sees that forgivingness as a weakness. An understanderble one perhaps, since Medusa has the same problem with her brother... but one that ultimately leaves her with few other options than: "Get your house in order, or I will do it for you." But then again, one could blame the Avengers for being equally lax on the subject... or too trusting of mutants to bring in one of their own.

Hill I can sort of understand, the same way I can understand Amanda Waller gets off clean when she's more bloody than any member of the Suicide Squad, since her world is one of an intelligence agency and politics... there just seems to be no end to the tricks and hoops they can pull off to remain where they are. And Magneto... I think he gets away with all of this purely because of his character, much like Mystique; too good to kill off... But who knows, perhaps Mags' little trip to Attilan ends with a burp from Black Bolt or a knuckle sandwich to the kidneys from Karnak?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: But thats not what Medusa knows. I mean, the X-Men have tried, hard since House of M, to present the world with a unified front, that anything moving or shaking in the world of mutants is something the X-Men are both aware of or actively being dealt with by them. People outside of the teams do not know how fractured the state of their fellowship really is.

Hmm true because they made the mistake of letting Magneto as an X-men and more times than most he always goes back to being an Asshole. So yeah I can see what you mean.

And to put it bluntly, Medusa, a long reigning monarch herself, sees that forgivingness as a weakness. An understanderble one perhaps, since Medusa has the same problem with her brother... but one that ultimately leaves her with few other options than: "Get your house in order, or I will do it for you." But then again, one could blame the Avengers for being equally lax on the subject... or too trusting of mutants to bring in one of their own.

I can see why Medusa would mistake forgiveness as weakness, but I feel like Medusa is in no position to say something like that. It's like you said with Medusa's brother Maximus. He's just another Magneto, but crazy and destructive. The Avengers have done more wrong than they like to admit. But it's ALWAYS swept under the rug.

Hill I can sort of understand, the same way I can understand Amanda Waller gets off clean when she's more bloody than any member of the Suicide Squad, since her world is one of an intelligence agency and politics... there just seems to be no end to the tricks and hoops they can pull off to remain where they are. And Magneto... I think he gets away with all of this purely because of his character, much like Mystique; too good to kill off... But who knows, perhaps Mags' little trip to Attilan ends with a burp from Black Bolt or a knuckle sandwich to the kidneys from Karnak?

I agree. I think Magneto is going to get a vision from Ulysses and HOPEFULLY stops him from attacking(which we both know he won't) then Medusa get's mad at Storm and etc......yeah I just don't care. The Inhumans just need to Stop.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Tbh, I always kind of figured this would be the kind of end result of Magneto being allowed onto Utopia... but then again, Cyke didn't always make the best choices during that phase.

I may have to correct myself... Maximus is Black Bolt's brother, not Medusa's :S Anyways, I kinda see it as the right of everyone to point stuff like this out to Ororo when it's clear she isn't going to do anything without getting prodded to do so. Likewise Ororo and everyone else should be open and ready to point out to Medusa of the continued threat Maximus poses to everyone, and to Thor and Odin about dealing with Loki. It's likely just harder to point it out with those two since they are family to the people in charge, while Magneto is not.

I have a hunch that Magneto will get within a hair-breath of Ulysses before either he, or Rachel, get a vision and the attack is called off... either because Rachel sees 'her world' (where she came from) suddenly being realized through Magneto's actions (like her timeline coming into existence because of the Mutant/Inhuman war) or Magneto seing his 'dream' undone regardless of what he does to Ulysses. I'm not sure I agree, the Inhumans aren't doing anything... it's Magneto that needs to stop, and perhaps it would help if mutants stopped seeing everything as an existencial threat. (I don't get why Magneto thinks Ulysses is such a danger that he needs to do this?)

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: AH YOU SAID IT NOT ME!!! lol the part about the Cyclops thing your right.

But that's the thing Magneto is kinda like Family him and Pro.X even though they were best friends, but like brothers. I'm sure you obviously know this, but as much as the X-men bicker and complain they are still family. I can sympathize with Storm not because she's my favorite superhero, but she's trying to keep this family together and they are breaking apart. We have yet to see Rogue,Cable, Beast mention anything about the X-men. Iceman and the rest are trying to stick together. There are +10 of them left they don't have time for War. I do agree with Medusa(WHICH PAINS ME TO SAY) Yes Magneto shouldn't have been dealt with, but they can't kill him....X-men don't kill(BULLSHIT THEY DO) so we'll see what happens.

LOL Magneto and Nightcrawler are the ONLY two people that think so. When they have NO proof. I think they BOTH need to Stop. Magneto and Medusa. Medusa keep saying she's doing what she can, but she is lying she's full of shit. You might be right Rachel and Magneto will get a vision Magneto not caring about it and thinking it's fake and Rachel trying to stop Magneto. LOL

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Well, regarding Mags being like family to Xavier... this is the point where another leader, like Cyclops or Storm, have to have the gonads and do the thing Xavier wouldn't, because they don't have the connection to Magneto that Xavier did. As for keeping them together, I understand this, but on some level they have to come to the realization they are not all going to be a big happy family who march in step with each other... they are just too different. If I could give Storm any advise it would be to cut Eric off the same way Cyclops did the Scarlet Witch... otherwise people like Medusa are going to continue to wonder who actually runs the X-Men? Is it Storm? Or is she just a figurehead while Magneto is really running the show?

The question is, what more would you have Medusa do? I mean we already are dealing with a very isolated nation that has major trust issues regarding outsiders, and the prmary issue is one Black Bolt created without the knowledge of all but one member of their society, making it even harder for the rest of them due to the Inhumans actually knowing very little about the workings of the Terregen Crystals, and now there is a secondary issue of an external threat coming on the tail end of another attack... to which the Inhumans have already retaliated against.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I guess you can kinda blame Pro. X for being to forgiving because he did it a lot more often and he was practically teaching the X-men HIS morals and understandings. They just followed like sheep true Storm needs to stop being nice, but I think soon she will get fed up. I mean she almost went off on Medusa.

It's not what I want her to do it's what she PROMISED to do now I know she has a lot on her plate, and Storm said it she's preoccupied with things, but reading Uncanny Inhumans LOL she isn't doing anything. She saved her son GREAT! what's next? HUH nothing for two issues? hmm ok strange what's after that what? Human torch wants to be with you? Ok? Oh crystal is mad ok what's next? CIVIL WAR!? LOL So i'm excited to see what happens am I excited for the War NO.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: The problem is that she goes off on Medusa (almost) because Medusa (not in the kindest or diplomatic way) suggests there is a deeper problem to begin with... it's like Storm is going: "How dare you suggest we have a problem?!"

But what did she promise? To save mutants from the cloud? The problem is that, as far as I can see, the Inhumans are incapable of that... Maximus is their most brilliant scientist and he's missing atm and uncooporative when he is not. They don't seem to have a deeper understand of how their crystals work, they just know that they do things to people with certain genes. And like most people they have next to no understand of the mutant genome... so they did what they could and let Hank do his research, as a courtesy, since they really dont have much of a reason to be helpful.

If anything I think the Kree could be of more use in this case than the Inhumans themselves... but you know how they are.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somewhere down the line this needs to end with Blackbolts head on a pike.

It's the only way I'll be satisfied with this entire terrigen mist story line. . .