Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@hopesummersforthefuture: oh, cool, thanks!

I mean, we knew this was happening anyway, but I'm pretty interested to see how this goes down.

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Man the X on Scott's face looks waaay better here, and this looks good even though most of us already knew this was happening, ill still pick it up.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

#

@lightburst:

@oldnightcrawler:

jean is staring to act like hope summers......does anyone remember when hope in gen. hope 16 where hope stop her team fighting with other mutants?????

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: @lightburst: wouldnt it be great if jean grey knocks out everyone but scott's team and teen angel and threatens them to "leave in five minutes .... " and then magneto(never the one to back down) says "or what?" and jean says "ok you have three minutes to leave or else"

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I haven't really read that book, but I think I see what you mean.

@the_goddess_of_chaos: I could see something like that happening, but I imagine if she was going to do that, she'd at least speak her mind to Angel first.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This little bit made me a little interested in Warren, which is surprising since I didn't really give a damn about him or Iceman since ANXM started.

So yeah, those few pages look quite good.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This little bit made me a little interested in Warren, which is surprising since I didn't really give a damn about him or Iceman since ANXM started.

I think they get that most people weren't that into Angel before he became Archangel, hence having him be the one that leaves.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tch, everyone at the school freaks out whereas most of the people reading are like 'meh, who cares?'.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really curious why Adult Scott isn't just ordering Magik to just dump the O5 back in their own time period. ( since everyone is so vocal about how messing with the timeline is a bad idea)

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tch, everyone at the school freaks out whereas most of the people reading are like 'meh, who cares?'.

Is it wrong of me that I still wish it was Jean just to see the b*tch off that needs to happen with Emma? :D

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry said:

Is it wrong of me that I still wish it was Jean just to see the b*tch off that needs to happen with Emma? :D

You're not the only one.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

I am really curious why Adult Scott isn't just ordering Magik to just dump the O5 back in their own time period. ( since everyone is so vocal about how messing with the timeline is a bad idea)

that's a really good question. It could be something as petty as him thinking he can beat the Beast at his own game (screwing with history style), or that he's realized what an opportunity this situation presents him with.

Or maybe he's actually smart enough to have figured out what readers should have already realized, even if the other characters in the story haven't: that this O5 isn't actually the 616 O5...

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After having read Uncanny X-men 4, I actually feel kinda bummed out about this preview.

Vague spoilers from UXM 4 ahead!!!

I mean, the preview here suggests something huge is about to happen, right?

Well based on what we saw at the end of Uncanny 4, it can't be THAT big a deal.. right? Or else Cyclops and crew would mention it once they got back to their school I would think.

I'm hoping Cyclops and gang left before the crap hits the fan with Jean... because either nothing big happened (since they aren't discussing it at the end of UXM 4) or they didn't stick around long enough to witness whatever Jean's outburst does.

A final - yet I fear unlikely - scenario, is that Jean affected the crew from UXM's memory similarly to how she affected angel... or heck... maybe Jean's tantrum here is somehow related to Magik's upcoming troubles w/limbo. Doubtful but who knows.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jg0587 said:

Well based on what we saw at the end of Uncanny 4, it can't be THAT big a deal.. right? Or else Cyclops and crew would mention it once they got back to their school I would think.

in UXM #4, they had only just returned. Given the situation they returned to, I don't see why they would feel the need to disclose anymore to their new students than they did. But I guess we'll see.

Jg0587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jg0587

@jg0587 said:

in UXM #4, they had only just returned. Given the situation they returned to, I don't see why they would feel the need to disclose anymore to their new students than they did. But I guess we'll see.

Very much hoping you are right :)

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Magneto. You're one line of dialogue in this preview is just a thing of beauty.

Sidenote, I assume Angel was picked not cause he pretty much got punked by the O5 when he got here, but because Warren as Angel has been seriously overlooked since he became Archangel, and got a powerset that increased his popluarity and usefulness. So maybe Bendis is trying to make Warren as Angel cool again?

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GonnaRain

@oldnightcrawler said:

@gonnarain said:

I think they get that most people weren't that into Angel before he became Archangel, hence having him be the one that leaves.

To tell you the true I was actually never interested in Warren in general, and ANXM wasn't helping at all since they focused to much on Jean Grey since the start. Not even Young Cyke, who is supposed to be the main reason they're in the future to begin with is receiving that much attention.

And I really hope they leave before Jean throws le hissy fit, because it's actually becoming kind of boring (at least IMO), and I wouldn't want my pretty Uncanny Team to get involved in such trivial matters.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gonnarain: I'm really not sure what the Beast's actual plan was with the O5 at this point; did he just want to get under current Cyclops' skin somehow, or did he think that maybe he could actually effect a change in the entire original team? He seems sure that Xavier will just mind-wipe them upon their return, but even that would result in sending a message back to Xavier in the past, right?

Maybe it was meant to be a little bit of all of these?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#20 god_spawn  Moderator

@jg0587:

A final - yet I fear unlikely - scenario, is that Jean affected the crew from UXM's memory similarly to how she affected angel... or heck... maybe Jean's tantrum here is somehow related to Magik's upcoming troubles w/limbo. Doubtful but who knows.

I agree it is unlikely. They did make mention that something was blocking the Revolutionaries minds. Granted Jean has an outburst and it could possibly shatter or it might be, despite hearing their thoughts, a burst of her telekinesis scatter everyone.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have Kitty and Illyana had a moment since this all started? I know their relationship is strained but they used to be best friends and extremely close.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

Have Kitty and Illyana had a moment since this all started? I know their relationship is strained but they used to be best friends and extremely close.

Not yet, but here's hoping that changes.

I think the scars of what's happened to Colossus going down the the dark path thanks to Illyana, and how Illyana's been acting kinda is still fresh for Kitty. This is only conjecture, as I have no idea if Bendis even cares about Kitty's and Illyana's friendship.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GonnaRain

@gonnarain: I'm really not sure what the Beast's actual plan was with the O5 at this point; did he just want to get under current Cyclops' skin somehow, or did he think that maybe he could actually effect a change in the entire original team? He seems sure that Xavier will just mind-wipe them upon their return, but even that would result in sending a message back to Xavier in the past, right?

Maybe it was meant to be a little bit of all of these?

Nobody is really sure what Best's plan is, or if it could be called an actual plan, not even Beast himself seems to know.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody is really sure what Best's plan is, or if it could be called an actual plan, not even Beast himself seems to know.

I'm guessing we'll probably have to wait for something to work out in his favor before we find out.

grenade728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Looking forward to this issue.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Magneto. You're one line of dialogue in this preview is just a thing of beauty.

Sidenote, I assume Angel was picked not cause he pretty much got punked by the O5 when he got here, but because Warren as Angel has been seriously overlooked since he became Archangel, and got a powerset that increased his popluarity and usefulness. So maybe Bendis is trying to make Warren as Angel cool again?

Yeah, that's wonderful ahahha.

About Angel I felt the same thing. He hasn't got a very cool powerset anyway, maybe Bendis will use his current abilities in a funnier way or he make him develop some new mutation, but then finally has got some attention.

Beast's plan was stupid since the beginning. I quote what Emma said, if I were an X-Man I would send them back to their timeline.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:

About Angel I felt the same thing. He hasn't got a very cool powerset anyway, maybe Bendis will use his current abilities in a funnier way or he make him develop some new mutation, but then finally has got some attention.

Beast's plan was stupid since the beginning. I quote what Emma said, if I were an X-Man I would send them back to their timeline.

That's gotta be the idea cause otherwise even at Scott's new school, he is gonna be outshined....which is a crying shame when there is a character called Goldballs there. (Seriously, worst character I have seen in a long time.)

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes i hope so too

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. TBH 'meh' is what I feel after reading this preview.

Honestly, seems like the returning O5, and the plot twists etc. have lost their "Shock Value" to me now. It does seems like a good concept, but underneath all that hype, it is starting to feel quite 'lightweight', if you catch my meaning.

Bendis needs to start getting some serious shit done in these books, it's been 10 issues already. Cheap thrills and snappy dialogue are good in the short-term, but I'd prefer Bendis to go a little more heavy on the 'substance' here.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This story has carried on waaaay too long! I mean I appreciate the different point of views but seriously, it's a bit excessive!

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i cant wait.... but Professor Kitty Pryde thou.......... lol im madd thou that there setting up for another kill jean grey storyline, i mean damn can she get some love....... i hope all this results in adult jean coming back cause im almost ready to become a full fledge DC fan bad enough im waiting for a AVX round two

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Veitha

@veitha said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:

That's gotta be the idea cause otherwise even at Scott's new school, he is gonna be outshined....which is a crying shame when there is a character called Goldballs there. (Seriously, worst character I have seen in a long time.)

lol he can't be worse than Eye-Boy. I think that his powers have something more to show us, and if they're made of true gold then this would help a lot Scott and his crew to economically mantain the school, Emma could also gain her old business back lol

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@veitha:

lol he can't be worse than Eye-Boy. I think that his powers have something more to show us, and if they're made of true gold then this would help a lot Scott and his crew to economically mantain the school, Emma could also gain her old business back lol

At least Fabio has made me laugh. His powers are stupid so far, but I have laughed. Every time I see Eye-Boy I die more and more. He is a sh*tty character and his comic relief thanks to Aaron has been trash.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:
@veitha said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:

I refuse to believe he is even real.

But if the balls Fabio makes are real gold, it may just save the US Economy, making Mutants heroes lol. Scott always has a plan.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Goldballs lol, his power isnt that bad really it just looks like another projectile. Thing is he can't control it yet, i am sure it will be better once it gets a bit more development

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

:O Magik is strong enough to sent them back to their own time? :O I would think Scott would have just told her to do it then o.o

God damn I love the X-Men so much right now :) Just keeps getting better.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Maybe Goldballs can make ball pits for the team. Everybody loves ball pits!

No Caption Provided

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By CerealKiller

i think goldball can at least be a bit of light personality on such a serious minded team. And who knows, maybe his power will turn out to be useful in some unforeseeable way?.....and if not, ball pits would still be fun ahahaha.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apologies for a lack of a link, but I remember reading an interview w/ Bendis where he said that he collaborated w/ the writer of WatXM in creating some of the characters that would be moving from Cyclops' school to the JGS.

Don't know about you guys, but Goldballs seems like they type of character that Jason Aaron had a hand in.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Jean is going to know some people out not everyone but about half. Then somebodies going to be say, "Omg Jean are you okay?" Not really caring for all the people out cold on the flour. Now that half of the people are passed out; they will resolve this issue calmly. That's my guess anyway.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Bendis has really done and gone it... He's made a stupid concept...... Epic!

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think angel going with scott's team is just an act to find where the new xavier school is

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

that's a really good question. It could be something as petty as him thinking he can beat the Beast at his own game (screwing with history style), or that he's realized what an opportunity this situation presents him with.

Or maybe he's actually smart enough to have figured out what readers should have already realized, even if the other characters in the story haven't: that this O5 isn't actually the 616 O5...

ok what about this if the o5 went to thier future and is in the past now for the adult o5 wouldnt they remember that happening because it already happened befor????? MINDBLOWN!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

You know, just a thought. After all the premium has been placed on giving the kids choices...

...did anyone at Cyclops' school ever get the "choice" to switch over to Logan & Kitty?

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still very in love with the art. Immonen is easily my favorite artist as of now. The only character I don't like much is young Iceman, he still looks kind of Alienish to me.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

You know, just a thought. After all the premium has been placed on giving the kids choices...

...did anyone at Cyclops' school ever get the "choice" to switch over to Logan & Kitty?

nope, but that's a really good point.

I'm still very in love with the art. Immonen is easily my favorite artist as of now. The only character I don't like much is young Iceman, he still looks kind of Alienish to me.

I still can't decide between Immonen and Coipel right now, but he has kept me consistently excited about this book (though, I Loved the fill-ins by David Marquez, too).

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: its funny how on the first panel it says jean grey instead of marvel girl, while the guys are shown with their codenames!!!!! forsshadowing things to come

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_goddess_of_chaos: huh. yeah, that is sort of weird. I can only assume that it's because this book is supposed to be accessible to new readers (who might not recognize the name Marvel girl), or just no one noticed.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@akbogert: That's because he gave them the choice the moment they joined his school. They can leave whenever they want, and go back to their families etc. whenever they like.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

@avenger85: Going back to their families is not the same thing as being in a safe and affirming educational environment that emphasizes their abilities.