All New X-Men- Is it worth my time?

Kph123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have recently started reading Bendis' All New X-men (The first X-Men run I have read) as I heard it was a fairly reasonable starting point for an X-Men newbie. However after reading the first 10 issues I have come to question whether it is worth my while to stick with it, as I have heard after the Trial of Jean Grey it declines in quality, or whether I should look at reading previous X-Men story arcs (and if so which ones?). Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if there is a similar post, I couldn't find one.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly no. Not on a issue by issue basis. The Trial of Jean Grey is where the book goes down hill because very little exploring is done of the characters despite alot of changes happening around them.

If I were you I'd wait for the trades to come out because it's simpler then waiting for something to happen.

There's a story being told here and its probably worth reading for.it's just taking a long time for it to come out and there's very little in the way off movement of the plot /character development.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Read up until Battle of the Atom and then drop it.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

It's your choice. Read a couple more issues into it and if you feel like you're headed somewhere with the title, then go for it, but then if you feel like you're wasting both your time and your money then hop off the cray-train and find something you do like.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By HAWK2916

I'd abandon the book asap. Its garbage in my opinion. I'd go back and read previous arcs. Which ones kind of depends on how much you want to invest in it. I know what I would do which is start from the beginning but thats me

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@squares said:

Read up until Battle of the Atom and then drop it.

that's what I did.

The first 15 issues were really pretty fun, but it wasn't anything especially great, I guess.

After that I just lost interest in it.

@kph123 said:

I have recently started reading Bendis' All New X-men (The first X-Men run I have read) as I heard it was a fairly reasonable starting point for an X-Men newbie. However after reading the first 10 issues I have come to question whether it is worth my while to stick with it, as I have heard after the Trial of Jean Grey it declines in quality, or whether I should look at reading previous X-Men story arcs (and if so which ones?). Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if there is a similar post, I couldn't find one.

Also, even if you've only read the first trade of All-new', it would be just as easy to jump into Uncanny X-Men instead, which in my opinion is a much more interesting and entertaining book, and has mostly gotten even better since BotA.

and if you're interested in previous X-men stories this list is a decent place to look for suggestions..

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny is definitely the better of the 2 Bendis X-titles

phoenixgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy reading All New X-men and definitely recommend it

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zdub327

I'd say that when comics are at their best, they have a really epic, cinematic feel. The stakes are high, and there's some sort of quest of great importance.

I'm personally enjoying Bendis' All New X-Men and Uncanny titles, but I think both titles feel episodic in tone. Reading his X-Men titles feels a lot like sitting down to watch (good) television. Both titles are fun, but there aren't terribly important developments being made in them. They aren't essential reads; they're just a good time!

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rodwell

i think all new is worth your time, but like someone else said uncanny is better and they go hand in hand, so if your not collecting uncanny, u can drop after battle of the atom and go back and get uncanny trades. IMO I really liked the trial of Jean grey. So i would get that too.