• 103 results
jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

just looking at imdb. cast of ww sucks so far. film won´t make any money, it´s official for me now.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

just looking at imdb. cast of ww sucks so far. film won´t make any money, it´s official for me now.

the only change in weeks is that they added Robin Wright to the cast and have been talking to Kidman about a potential role ... what's changed to bring on this latest bout of "this movie is going to suck"? I'm not loving the screenwriter, but the rest of the named folks in the cast are hard to judge since only Gadot and Pine have named characters at this point. Possibly Wright for Hippolyta, and I could see Lucy Davis as Etta Candy but the rest could be any number of small characters.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Ok I wouldnt say it sucks. Its just sort of lackluster especially considering some of the names that were rumored for roles. Most of the actors cast are pretty good even if they arent big names.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Archizooom

I'm not made-up about this bunch to be honest, actually I had to look them up, bar Robin Wright and Danny Hutson. I'm just a bit bummed about the possibility of Danny Huston playing Zeus because to me he's a poor man's George Clooney. This cast is a bit cheap isn't it, and perhaps that's a good thing actually, the bigger the budget the more it'll have to gross at the box office to get a sequel, so there's the silver lining. On the flip side, I don't think this lot is gonna draw a lot attention towards the movie

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you actually watched enough movies to know the cast sucks?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

none of them are big names or brilliant actors who will draw attention to the film apart from robin wright and chris pine. i´m not saying i don´t like these actors, but these are not the type of guys who should be supporting actors in an a-list superheroes movie. its bad. if danny huston is ares, i just give up.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I say David thewlis will be Ares Danny hunston might be Zeus or some general

tedbundy654321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inb4 lock from angry moderator white knights defending Gal Gadot. Of course this movie has bad casting. The protagonist can't act, and DC is just making this to compete with marvel.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I say David thewlis will be Ares Danny hunston might be Zeus or some general

And your happy with that?

This is wonder woman and Antman had a more serious cast WTF.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
@deathfalcon182 said:

none of them are big names or brilliant actors who will draw attention to the film apart from robin wright and chris pine. i´m not saying i don´t like these actors, but these are not the type of guys who should be supporting actors in an a-list superheroes movie. its bad. if danny huston is ares, i just give up.

Haley Atwell had about 10 acting credits to her name prior to Captain America, Sebastian Stan's biggest accomplishment was a stint on Gossip Girl, Dominic Cooper was also a nearly unknown name before CA ... these are the 3 largest roles outside of Evan's (who himself hadn't done much of note). They peppered in some higher profile names like TLJ and Hugo Weaving, but neither of them had roles that carried the film.

Iron Man and Thor weren't much different ... Kat Dennings, Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth were all practically discovered for Thor ... Portman and Hopkins added some cache to the cast, but that's about it. GotG wasn't exactly riddled with star power either, but a few well placed big names rather than A-list leading cast worked out just fine for them too. Ant-man arguably had the biggest named cast of the solo films and it was the least commercially successful for Marvel.

This is a pretty standard casting strategy for Superhero movies.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: this isn't a Nolan movie, they get some big stars in these kind of movies and rest are underrated but good actors. Movies are very formulated, you can't have star power influencing the flow of the movie. Look at how X-Men movies turn out. They haven't been able to show real X-Men once new they're spot lighting one star or the other.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
@jphulk26 said:
@deathfalcon182 said:

Haley Atwell had about 10 acting credits to her name prior to Captain America, Sebastian Stan's biggest accomplishment was a stint on Gossip Girl, Dominic Cooper was also a nearly unknown name before CA ... these are the 3 largest roles outside of Evan's (who himself hadn't done much of note). They peppered in some higher profile names like TLJ and Hugo Weaving, but neither of them had roles that carried the film.

Iron Man and Thor weren't much different ... Kat Dennings, Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth were all practically discovered for Thor ... Portman and Hopkins added some cache to the cast, but that's about it. GotG wasn't exactly riddled with star power either, but a few well placed big names rather than A-list leading cast worked out just fine for them too. Ant-man arguably had the biggest named cast of the solo films and it was the least commercially successful for Marvel.

Nice breakdown but these are words falling on deaf ears.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
@jphulk26 said:
@deathfalcon182 said:

Nice breakdown but these are words falling on deaf ears.

LOL ... yeah probably ... and for the record Robert Downey Jr. hadn't been cast in a leading role in like 10 years before Iron Man ... he was a hot mess for decades so casting him wasn't exactly a slam dunk for Marvel.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like the cast, there is no one who is very popular but Chris Pine and Robin Wright but actors don't get people into movies anymore and neither of the other cast members have been dubbed bad actors by official critics. The MCU did not have Stars either but that has been pointed out already.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@folly said:

I like the cast, there is no one who is very popular but Chris Pine and Robin Wright but actors don't get people into movies anymore and neither of the other cast members have been dubbed bad actors by official critics. The MCU did not have Stars either but that has been pointed out already.

good marketing = butts in seats :)

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@folly: To be fair, Marvel didn't have competition either. In 2017, Wonder Woman will open in a market saturated with Marvel movies, Disney fairytale movies, Star War anthologies, Fox/Sony superhero movies, video game movies -- and superhero fatigue is just now starting to set in. Also comic book movies were somewhat stigmatized and the big names didn't wanna be in them. Now they do.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@folly: To be fair, Marvel didn't have competition either. In 2017, Wonder Woman will open in a market saturated with Marvel movies, Disney fairytale movies, Star War anthologies, Fox/Sony superhero movies, video game movies -- and superhero fatigue is just now starting to set in. Also comic book movies were somewhat stigmatized and the big names didn't wanna be in them. Now they do.

Exactly. All i´m saying is that this cast is alright, but the main villain needs to someone of note or at least a respected actor and there should be no reason that isn´t the case for a wonder woman movie. I like these actors. i´ve eve seen the spanish actress in sex and lucetta and she is brilliant, but Chris Pine and Robin Wright cannot alone carry the weight of star power for the movie. Sorry but that is pathetic.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@jphulk26 said:
@deathfalcon182 said:

You are welcome to list all the A-list talent Marvel, Sony and Fox have been employing as their main characters, but let me point out:

• Chris Pratt: Lived in a friends van when he got the job as Star-Lord, and the rest of the cast wasn't exactly stellar either.
  • Robert Downey Jr. was by most considered finished before he returned to glory as Tony Stark.
  • Chris Evans was, by people who remembered him, perhaps best known for playing Johnny Storm in the lamentable first and second Fantastic Four movies.
  • Hugh Jackman was mostly doing small-screen and stage work before he was cast as Wolverine
Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC has yet to prove that they are capable of making a good movie with superheroes that does not star batman. Because the last one they had that was not a batman film was superman II. As much as I hope we can get a great wonder woman movie I'm not going to hold my breath over it.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jphulk26

@outside_85 said:
@jphulk26 said:
@deathfalcon182 said:

You are welcome to list all the A-list talent Marvel, Sony and Fox have been employing as their main characters, but let me point out:

• Chris Pratt: Lived in a friends van when he got the job as Star-Lord, and the rest of the cast wasn't exactly stellar either.
  • Robert Downey Jr. was by most considered finished before he returned to glory as Tony Stark.
  • Chris Evans was, by people who remembered him, perhaps best known for playing Johnny Storm in the lamentable first and second Fantastic Four movies.
  • Hugh Jackman was mostly doing small-screen and stage work before he was cast as Wolverine

Are you on crack? Or do u only know about movies apart from Superhero movies?

Robert Downey Jr was a highly respected, oscar nominated actor, who may have faded from the scene but he was hardly an unknown. Let alone having Gwynyth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges and Terrence Howard in it. That´s four oscar nommed actors. When a poster for a movie says starring "oscar nominee" that´s a big deal, even if the person isn´t a big name.

Cap America had Hugo Weaving, Dominic Cooper, and Stanley Tucci in it! Are they massive names? No. But they are highly respected actors who added the right splash of class to the movie or atleast in weavings case, he was dream casting for the role of Red Skull considering his work as Mr. Smith.

The X-Men was packed full of 90s stars. Haley Berry, Patrick Stewart (dream casting for pro X), Anna Paquin (recent oscar nominee), Ian Mckellen (Highly respected actor)

Plus, I´m not even talking about Gadot. The juries still out on her as far as I´m concerned. I´m talking strictly about the rag tag group of b-list celebrities and actors they´ve chosen for the cast, many of whom are usually bit parts in movies and not even cast for supporting roles. Hell some of them are TV stars.

You´re blind if you think that is a good cast. My only hope is they are saving the heavy hitters to announce latter. Robin Wright is brilliant casting, so is Pine. Elena Anaya is also a brilliant actress. but the rest of these guys should be nowhere near a wonder woman movie. I mean I like sick boy as much as the rest of us, but Ewen effing Bremmer?? For Wonder Woman??

Ares and Circe need to be cast well otherwise kiss this movie goodbye. It shows they are not taking it seriously.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@jphulk26 said:

Robert Downey Jr was a highly respected, oscar nominated actor, who may have faded from the scene but he was hardly an unknown. Let alone having Gwynyth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges and Terrence Howard in it. That´s four oscar nommed actors. When a poster for a movie says starring "oscar nominee" that´s a big deal, even if the person isn´t a big name.

Cap America had Hugo Weaving, Dominic Cooper, and Stanley Tucci in it! Are they massive names? No. But they are highly respected actors who added the right splash of class to the movie or atleast in weavings case, he was dream casting for the role of Red Skull considering his work as Mr. Smith.

The X-Men was packed full of 90s stars. Haley Berry, Patrick Stewart (dream casting for pro X), Anna Paquin (recent oscar nominee), Ian Mckellen (Highly respected actor)

Plus, I´m not even talking about Gadot. The juries still out on her as far as I´m concerned. I´m talking strictly about the rag tag group of b-list celebrities and actors they´ve chosen for the cast, many of whom are usually bit parts in movies and not even cast for supporting roles. Hell some of them are TV stars.

You´re blind if you think that is a good cast. My only hope is they are saving the heavy hitters to announce latter. Robin Wright is brilliant casting, so is Pine. Elena Anaya is also a brilliant actress. but the rest of these guys should be nowhere near a wonder woman movie. I mean I like sick boy as much as the rest of us, but Ewen effing Bremmer?? For Wonder Woman??

Ares and Circe need to be cast well otherwise kiss this movie goodbye. It shows they are not taking it seriously.

Don't start out with being insulting, it only guarantees bile coming your way.

And then you go and make a list of people most consider to have been wasting their considerable talents in these movies.

Funnily enough the same background most of the Marvel movies main stars come from, so whats the problem there?

There you go being insulting again. Have you any idea how they actually cast people? Or do you think they just take a look at who of the big names are available for that day and then hire the biggest of them? Don't you think they put actual thought into these things?

So far its only shown how presumptuous you are, how little faith you have in the project and how star-blinded you are. You are here already damning the movie as being crap before it's even shot and purely because you dont recognize any of the names involved. Tell me, is there a Star Wars thread where you are also crapping all over the cast of new characters? Did you do the same with LotR and it's B-movie director?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jphulk26

@outside_85 said:
@jphulk26 said:

Don't start out with being insulting, it only guarantees bile coming your way.

And then you go and make a list of people most consider to have been wasting their considerable talents in these movies.

Funnily enough the same background most of the Marvel movies main stars come from, so whats the problem there?

There you go being insulting again. Have you any idea how they actually cast people? Or do you think they just take a look at who of the big names are available for that day and then hire the biggest of them? Don't you think they put actual thought into these things?

So far its only shown how presumptuous you are, how little faith you have in the project and how star-blinded you are. You are here already damning the movie as being crap before it's even shot and purely because you dont recognize any of the names involved. Tell me, is there a Star Wars thread where you are also crapping all over the cast of new characters? Did you do the same with LotR and it's B-movie director?

Dude, I was meaning to be emphatic not insulting. I've always found your comments interesting, but I honestly think the fact you consider this cast promising is absurd. I mean to be fair we don't know who they're playing yet and I will hold out to officially hear word of that. But comparing this to the casting of Star Wars, a brand that quite frankly doesn't need star power to be highly anticipated. The franchise of star wars sells itself. First time superheroes do not, and for the life of me I cannot understand why Doctor Strange is getting more serious attention in the casting department than WW.

And please, don't even begin with I don't know who those actors are. I know precisely who they are, and they are all c-list at best. At the moment it's like casting for a TV movie. No young fresh up and comers, no established names, potential catastrophic casting for the villain, no a-listers, no b-listers, one oscar nominee in Robin Wright who is brilliant but she's hardly the kind of star power to carry the film, and neither is Pine. I honestly cannot think of a less exciting cast of a superhero movie, since the superhero boom. I mean which cast has been so lackluster?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Archizooom

Perhaps it's a bit more fruitful to measure the cast of Wonder Woman against movies that will open in the next 24 months, such as Suicide Squad, Dr.Strange, Beauty and the Beast…Margot Robbie is not a household name yet but Margot's Harley Quinn will make a splash, you can feel it. The cast of Suicide Squad is young, hip and full of promise. The cast of Dr.Strange is made up of Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Mads Mikkelsen, none of them is a huge box office draw but it's a very highbrow, well put together group of people. Before Guardians of the Galaxy, Chris Pratt was married to Anna Faris and played Andy in Parks and Recreation. He wasn't some homeless dude whom they turned into a star, he was already a fan-favorite in Parks and Recreation, Chris Pratt was a diamond in the rough waiting to be cut and polished. Beauty and the Beast will star Emma Watson, Ewan McGregor, Luke Evans, Dan Stevens and Emma Thompson, what they lack in name recognition, they make up for in gravitas, it's a mouth-watering cast

Now at first glance, the cast of Wonder Woman seems a bit drab, skews a bit old, they're not up-and-coming stars or anything...If the script and visuals are less than great, it can all easily go to sh!t.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: Yes, they have more competition, still: Fans are screaming for a female Superhero movie and Captain Marvel was pushed back to 2018. Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman are three strong brands because nearly everybody knows those names. Batman has an advantage through the games, Superman is still the sign for hope & strength, Wonder Woman is the feminist symbol. This does not mean that people will start running into the cinemas but it's more than Marvel had at the beginning. The DCEUs tone is also seemingly different than the MCU tone, which makes them distinctive. At the end of the day, the success of the WW Movie will be determined about how they utilized her in BvS.

About big names now being interested... I get what you mean but personally I see it that way: If you take a big name, that has become big because of another character, this actor will always be seen as exactly that character or - if the actor starred in many films - as him , which makes it incredible different to see the DCEU character as it's own person. Will I ever see Will Smith's Deadshot as the Deadshot? Probably not because I will always exactly know who Deadshot was portrayed by. Not to say that some people can't make that work, but Superhero Movies are still there to project the Superhero, a Big Name does sometimes do damage to that because instead of projecting the character it projects itself.

I have to agree on the superhero fatigue but I think Ant-Man actually pushed it back a bit. Fresh meat is the way to go.

@izzy0292 said:

DC has yet to prove that they are capable of making a good movie with superheroes that does not star batman. Because the last one they had that was not a batman film was superman II. As much as I hope we can get a great wonder woman movie I'm not going to hold my breath over it.

What about Man of Steel? I know the critics had a field day with it but the fan response and the "money response" was actually pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@folly said:

@izzy0292 said:

What about Man of Steel? I know the critics had a field day with it but the fan response and the "money response" was actually pretty good.

It was a huge disappointment for me. Of course it made good money, no where as much as the Marvel movies or Batman but it was the highest grossing superman film of all time. That don't mean much though considering X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, and Batman Forever all did great at the box office for they're times. X-Man 3 was a bad movie and I actually liked it a little bit. My biggest complaint was how they took storm and basically made it to where her only purpose was to hype up wolverine. In MoS it seemed like everyone's only purpose was to hype up superman. That compined with bad dialog, terrible camera shots, and a plot that was a good idea but with a bad execution makes it a bad movie. Some people could look past this and enjoy it, if so good for you. For me though it will always be a disappointment.

Sommie7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am tired of seeing the same people on screen. I am sick of seeing Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.We need new blood.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@folly: I totally understand what you're saying and I concur, to some degree, however as far as "fresh meat" goes, I think this piece is not the premium cut, or the freshest meat in the butcher shop, more like offal lol maybe that's a bit harsh, I'm sure I'll cotton to it eventually

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some amazing actors in this bunch that either have a good following(robin wright) or are a pretty big following(Chris pine) and I don't think we should overlook getting two successful and extremely talented actors in her first movie. Though it doesnt mean I don't have problems

1. Not very racially diverse and the lack of women makes me wonder if they'll spend much time on themyscira or even focusing on women as much as I think they should(tho I don't need thenyscira to be heavily focused and I'd rather they skip the origin and throw us in her story)

2. I don't want pine to outact gadot, because I don't want this to be the ww and Steve movie(or even worse a str8 up Steve movie) like her animated film. He should be interesting and love stricken but we don't need him to dominate and I'm scared they might go that route

3.the writer,I'm sure the director can pull something good even out of bad writing if shes talented enough but the dudes last film bombed hard and I already don't like most of dcs films as of now since they bash you over the head with the theme and don't seem to know subtelty at all

But all of these are premature thoughts and I'm building more faith with the story every bit of news about it I hear. Hopefully they pay big attention to Marston's run and get a good central theme for the character going(the best bet is loving submission since its the most coherent one she's ever had IMO)

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some amazing actors in this bunch that either have a good following(robin wright) or are a pretty big following(Chris pine) and I don't think we should overlook getting two successful and extremely talented actors in her first movie. Though it doesnt mean I don't have problems

1. Not very racially diverse and the lack of women makes me wonder if they'll spend much time on themyscira or even focusing on women as much as I think they should(tho I don't need thenyscira to be heavily focused and I'd rather they skip the origin and throw us in her story)

2. I don't want pine to outact gadot, because I don't want this to be the ww and Steve movie(or even worse a str8 up Steve movie) like her animated film. He should be interesting and love stricken but we don't need him to dominate and I'm scared they might go that route

3.the writer,I'm sure the director can pull something good even out of bad writing if shes talented enough but the dudes last film bombed hard and I already don't like most of dcs films as of now since they bash you over the head with the theme and don't seem to know subtelty at all

But all of these are premature thoughts and I'm building more faith with the story every bit of news about it I hear. Hopefully they pay big attention to Marston's run and get a good central theme for the character going(the best bet is loving submission since its the most coherent one she's ever had IMO)

They have to announce more cast. I´m not quite giving up. None of the actor are bad, they´re just not very exciting, so I´m hoping the next lot of actors they announce are the big guns. After seeing this cast, I bet Pine is wishing he went to Green Lantern instead. All they need is 3 to 4 big, exciting or up and coming names, just to give the movie some juice. I also get the sense from this cast and the England setting that maybe they really are going the New 52 route all the way, which is a huge mistake IMO.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally love this cast. Overall, taking everyone into account, this may be collectively the most talented cast out of a superhero movie yet. Most if not all, barring Gal Gadot, has shown significant acting chops in the past, that I struggle to see why this cast "sucks". I think it a bit disingenuous and a bit narrow minded to call the cast crap based on the sheer fact that, in your opinion, no one has a "big enough" name. If you're concerned about draw, fine, I can understand your concern, but a "no-name" cast certainly does not mean the movie will be a dud. Several movies and franchises have proven that over and over again.

Now I am in agreement with @willienotwilliam in that I wish there were a few more females and female roles in the story, but I think there may be plenty, but not significant side roles to be named in the initial release. Plus, they may still be casting for all we know.

Also, if anything's going to ruin this movie, it isn't the cast. It's the writing. I have no confidence in the writer one bit. My hope is that Patty Jenkins, who has several writing credits to her name as well, will rework the script. There's no way the script will stay the same after it was first presented to WB back in the end of last year. Especially since it doesn't sound at all like the movie plot when McLaren was still on board to direct. But if they're staying with the writer, then I sincerely hope he pulled out his best work yet, which may not be enough.

I am also concerned about the time table. It's been well known that they've been trying to get a Wonder Woman movie out in the works for at least ten years now, and statistically films that have been in the works for that long don't do well, so I hope they narrow their focus on the DCEU world and start fresh.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally love this cast. Overall, taking everyone into account, this may be collectively the most talented cast out of a superhero movie yet. Most if not all, barring Gal Gadot, has shown significant acting chops in the past, that I struggle to see why this cast "sucks". I think it a bit disingenuous and a bit narrow minded to call the cast crap based on the sheer fact that, in your opinion, no one has a "big enough" name. If you're concerned about draw, fine, I can understand your concern, but a "no-name" cast certainly does not mean the movie will be a dud. Several movies and franchises have proven that over and over again.

Now I am in agreement with @willienotwilliam in that I wish there were a few more females and female roles in the story, but I think there may be plenty, but not significant side roles to be named in the initial release. Plus, they may still be casting for all we know.

Also, if anything's going to ruin this movie, it isn't the cast. It's the writing. I have no confidence in the writer one bit. My hope is that Patty Jenkins, who has several writing credits to her name as well, will rework the script. There's no way the script will stay the same after it was first presented to WB back in the end of last year. Especially since it doesn't sound at all like the movie plot when McLaren was still on board to direct. But if they're staying with the writer, then I sincerely hope he pulled out his best work yet, which may not be enough.

I am also concerned about the time table. It's been well known that they've been trying to get a Wonder Woman movie out in the works for at least ten years now, and statistically films that have been in the works for that long don't do well, so I hope they narrow their focus on the DCEU world and start fresh.

I don´t know why everyone has decided to willfully misunderstand what I am saying. I´ve said now 3 billion times I THINK ALL THE CAST IS TALENTED. Should I say it 4 billion times. Being talented however does not make the world go round. I aslo have said 6 BILLION TIMES an exciting cast is not just about big names. This cast so far is the cast of a TV movie, not a major motion picture. I am not going to go over this again. compare the cast of Batman Begins and Man Of Steel to the current cast of wonder woman and tell me again this is a good cast. U know what, whatever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Chris pine and Robin wright are not TV movie actors lol the movie barely started filming you're being dramatic based off little info

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Chris pine and Robin wright are not TV movie actors lol the movie barely started filming you're being dramatic based off little info

I love Robin Wright. She is one of my favorite actresses. Brilliant in every sense of the word. I can't remember if she got an oscar nom for Jenny in Forest Gump, but her performance was a tour de force of acting. But lets face it, Robin Wright and Chris Pine cannot carry a whole movies star power. Forest Gump is pretty much her most famous role. As I said, lets see who they announce later, but if the philosophy in casting remains consistent from what we've seen, then it will seem more like a TV movie. Also, Robin Wright is literally mainly known at the moment for her TV role in House Of Cardsz.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: hoc is a show not a movie and Chris pine is the main actor in the star wars franchise so yes he can

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the rumors point that the plot will explore different time periods, perhaps is too early for conclusions other actors can/should be announced in the near future, that said other rumors also suggest that B v S is/was the most expensive movie of all time, and 2015 was not a good year for WB, for now Kevin Tsujihara seems a miss fit for WB, normally the big studios can balance well the Hit/Miss equation because they have the necessary resources for that, but to continue the cycle you just can't have so many poor performances consecutively like WB did this year (Black Mass, Vacation, Jupiter Ascending, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Pan, Entourage, Run All Night) none of their 23 movies made more money than $470M, that is $100M less than what Fifty Shades of Grey did... Time Warner certainly can provide WB money for future movie projects when the revenue is so poor, but every project has different potential and WB also needs to produce the Justice League movie for 2017, what i m trying to say is that there is the possibility that the Wonder Woman movie could have a bigger budget if was only released in 2018, with the production starting only after B v S revenue and impact!

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Clearly it's all due to budget. A list actors and actresses and screen talent = more money. As pointed out, more money = bigger budget, bigger budget = needs more ticket sales in order to be deemed successful.

Save for one or two notable people who more then likely will get paid more then even the lead Amazon herself, everyone else is probably paid on a low budget. I assume less than a million or two max. Probably around the pay Gadot supposedly said she'd be making for her first appearance as WW (around half a million iirc). That way they can lower the budget and keep it low so in case WW does mess up and bomb then it won't be a big loss. Though I picture the budget being somewhere along the lines of Pan.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@agent41 said:

@saint_sophie: All companies try to save as much money as possible. There is nothing new there. And many of the actors involved in the film have acting talent. Let's not confuse being a name with the biggest power at the box with acting talent. Many of the best paid actors of today can barely act.

I know that a lot of people want to try to save as much as possible, but you'd think that with it being WW they'd at least try to add a little star power. I guess you're right though, most of them can somewhat act.

And while I do agree many A-listers aren't that good and only deemed good because of their name, star power and known names does add some plus and excitement for the films. I guess we'll wait and see. Also, my whole post was just stating the obvious as it's clear budget had a role in this cast.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie