Wonder Woman doesn't have a Kryptonite! (Spoiler)

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Wonder Woman doesn't have a Kryptonite!

From the pages of Justice League 20 (out the day of this post) Batman reveals his contingency plans for each member of the JL to Superman and reveals that Wonder Woman has no weakness! Read ON.

Justice League 20: Pg. 23
Justice League 20: Pg. 23
Justice League 20: Pg. 24
Justice League 20: Pg. 24

I double posted this here: http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/new-52-wonder-woman-respect-thread-672635/#450

So what does that statement mean? To me, it means that Wonder Woman has no weakness that Batman can exploit in one shot like he can with Superman utilizing Kryptonite. There is no one element or device or incantation that can stop her momentum in it's tracks. Nothing. She is Suprema and there is no force that Burce Wayne can conceive of other than pitting Superman's might against her own. And since she's more powerful than Superman, what can truly be done if she decides to take over the UNIVERSE!?!

I also wonder what one shot resolutions he has for the other members but that's a discussion for another forum.

I can't tell you how much it pleases me that the great mouse detective, who is the authority on everything and can be outdone by no one, can't come up with a single idea to subdue Wonder Woman should the need arise. At the same time this seems like a little bit of a disservice to Batman's ingenuity in this matter but is also a nice instance of him letting go and trusting a colleague and ally with important information.

It's also a little disheartening that the Justice League title is the only place where we continue to find Wonder Woman development and proof of her ability and character. God I wish we could get another Wonder Woman title.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Well he cant figure out a sure-fire counter that he alone can control, which I have to say is pleasing because I really hate the idea of people like Superman or Flash getting undone by a trinket.

That said, both Poseidon and Hades have already figured out what Diana's weakness is; her heart. So I imagine in Justice League we only get to see the flashy details while the actual development is left to Azzarello (who has admitted he is just not a fan of superhero brawls).

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By waezi2

I'm pretty sure you can, you know, shoot her in the back. And isn't there something about her lasso and that if you tie her up with robe that she lose her powers?

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By waezi2

@press_oblivion: Then WHY does she even have the gauntlets? They look pretty?

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Press Oblivion

I think that I have a good work around for that if I ever had the opportunity to work on Wonder Woman for DC, as far as the use of the bracers. I'm not so sure about the Golden & Silver Age eras of Wonder Woman's history but the Bracers have a deep rooted symbolism in the Post Crisis Era of the 80s and served as a reminder that the Amazon people would never be enslaved again.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@waezi2: I've heard of the Rope thing but that's yet to be addressed in the n52. No you can't shoot her in the back . . . She's Bullet Proof, check out this thread: Is Wonder Woman really bulletproof?

that image of her being bulletproof is from Injustice: Gods Among Us, Not the new52

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deaditegonzo

@press_oblivion: As of right now, in the New 52, id say all evidence points to Superman being able to defeat Wonder Woman. This may be changed later on, but current feats, and the opinions of the characters themselves, leads me to believe Superman would beat Wonder Woman in a fight.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Press Oblivion

@laserlambert: The complete thread is a discussion based on fan hypothesis of Wonder Woman's ability. That first image is from the Injustice comic book which isn't canon but was the spark of that discussion as it relates to different incarnations of Wonder Woman, not just Injustice or n52.

The consensus is that she is bullet proof, juxtaposed to certain feats and displays of durability.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's pretty cool. Wonder Woman is awesome, this is just more proof.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is f'n Beast Mode.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@press_oblivion:

wrong. superman is more powerful. wonder woman is more skilled. but if supes cut loose and was "bloodlusted" I don't think WW would have time to use that skill before supes ripped her in half

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion: As of right now, in the New 52, id say all evidence points to Superman being able to defeat Wonder Woman. This may be changed later on, but current feats, and the opinions of the characters themselves, leads me to believe Superman would beat Wonder Woman in a fight.

Yeah that could be, I think just about everyone would agree with you.

I have an affinity for the "underdog" in most situations and I know that the popular belief is that Wonder Woman is not as powerful as Superman. I happen to think that she is, but in saying that I have to admit that I have a particular bias towards her character and I see that statement as Batman believes that Superman is the only one that can stop her but there is no evidence to support that either side is definitively the better. As long as I have that modicum of reasonable doubt, I have hope that Wonder Woman may actually be the stronger of the 2. But that's just me.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk111 said:

That's pretty cool. Wonder Woman is awesome, this is just more proof.

You said it ! :D

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserlambert: The complete thread is a discussion based on fan hypothesis of Wonder Woman's ability. That first image is from the Injustice comic book which isn't canon but was the spark of that discussion as it relates to different incarnations of Wonder Woman, not just Injustice or n52.

The consensus is that she is bullet proof, juxtaposed to certain feats and displays of durability.

oh FAN consensus well that sounds legit.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

I have an affinity for the "underdog" in most situations and I know that the popular belief is that Wonder Woman is not as powerful as Superman. I happen to think that she is, but in saying that I have to admit that I have a particular bias towards her character and I see that statement as Batman believes that Superman is the only one that can stop her but there is no evidence to support that either side is definitively the better. As long as I have that modicum of reasonable doubt, I have hope that Wonder Woman may actually be the stronger of the 2. But that's just me.

Heres something for you: Bloodlusted Wonder Woman vs the in-character Superman we would get in the scenario Batman is describing, would probably be a violent beat-down in Wonder Woman's favour. Which is why Batman doesnt want him to be attached to her, cause it makes the fight even more one-sided.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bogey

Batman was clearly manipulating Superman. You know he has his own contingency to beat her.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Heres something for you: Bloodlusted Wonder Woman vs the in-character Superman we would get in the scenario Batman is describing, would probably be a violent beat-down in Wonder Woman's favour. Which is why Batman doesnt want him to be attached to her, cause it makes the fight even more one-sided.

a violent beat-down of superman? just that easy? i don't think so. i don't think we're giving superman enough credit here

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@press_oblivion:

wrong. superman is more powerful. wonder woman is more skilled. but if supes cut loose and was "bloodlusted" I don't think WW would have time to use that skill before supes ripped her in half

What's wrong about it? I'm just presenting the idea that Wonder Woman could be stronger than Superman, you don't have to accept it.

oh FAN consensus well that sounds legit.

Isn't every discussion in these forums fan theory. . . I explained that because it appeared to me that you didn't get past the first entry in the thread.

Yeah, I think that's exactly what Johns was going for in this issue.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Well, to put it another way, lets say it like this:

If Wonder Woman is something like 95% as powerful as Superman, and they end up fighting, but she immediately goes all out, trying to get an kill right from the start, and she is fighting the typical Superman who would want to talk her down first, who may never get to the point where he is really trying in the fight, who definitely would not use his speed to its full effect, Wonder Woman would win. She would be giving her entire 95% versus a Superman who was maybe even only fighting at half of his potential. Thats a beat down.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course! Don't you guys see this is foreshadowing the Trinity Wars. "Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship goes out with a bang" Wonder Woman will turn bad. I'm just kidding I don't know what will happen but maybe.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

a violent beat-down of superman? just that easy? i don't think so. i don't think we're giving superman enough credit here

Or perhaps we're not giving Wonder Woman enough credit? I wouldn't want to see a fight between Superman & Wonder Woman be "Just that easy". It would be a challenge of Power, Speed, Endurance, and Durability, it would be an epic fight, not a Mike Tyson one round wonder.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo:

you think superman is that......dull? i mean he is super smart you think he wouldn't figure out rather quickly that "i need to defend myself" i think we can agree that he's the faster of the two and the quicker

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Or perhaps we're not giving Wonder Woman enough credit? I wouldn't want to see a fight between Superman & Wonder Woman be "Just that easy". It would be a challenge of Power, Speed, Endurance, and Durability, it would be an epic fight, not a Mike Tyson one round wonder.

but superman is more powerful than Diana. if its a bloodlusted supes vs a bloodlusted Diana then supes is gonna melt her before she can form a thought. if its bloodlusted Diana vs morals on superman then i think because of his power and durability supes still has more than a chance of subduing her

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deaditegonzo

@sog7dc said:

@deaditegonzo:

you think superman is that......dull? i mean he is super smart you think he wouldn't figure out rather quickly that "i need to defend myself" i think we can agree that he's the faster of the two and the quicker

I concur, but his heart is more powerful than any of his abilities. And in his heart he would always believe Wonder Woman could be saved. In his heart, he'd rather die than take one of his friends down permanently. To me, that isnt dull, that is noble and admirable morality, character, commitment.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@deaditegonzo:

By n52 standards, there is no published evidence that one or the other is superior to the other in any way. That's why I propose the "possibility" that Wonder Woman could actually be stronger than Superman. You don't have to accept it, but if you could consider it, that would be a game changer.

We are really applying pop-culture acceptance that Superman is the most powerful being ever. But what if that wasn't the case? Just throwing my thought process out there.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@sog7dc: W

ell, to put it another way, lets say it like this:

If Wonder Woman is something like 95% as powerful as Superman, and they end up fighting, but she immediately goes all out, trying to get an kill right from the start, and she is fighting the typical Superman who would want to talk her down first, who may never get to the point where he is really trying in the fight, who definitely would not use his speed to its full effect, Wonder Woman would win. She would be giving her entire 95% versus a Superman who was maybe even only fighting at half of his potential. Thats a beat down.

If WW is going all out that means she's taking the bracelets off and going full god mode

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@deaditegonzo:

By n52 standards, there is no published evidence that one or the other is superior to the other in any way. That's why I propose the "possibility" that Wonder Woman could actually be stronger than Superman. You don't have to accept it, but if you could consider it, that would be a game changer.

We are really applying pop-culture acceptance that Superman is the most powerful being ever. But what if that wasn't the case? Just throwing my thought process out there.

Superman has insane feats in the New 52. Right now he looks a lot more powerful than Wonder Woman.

@deaditegonzo said:

If WW is going all out that means she's taking the bracelets off and going full god mode

Which means what exactly? She's done it once, and doesnt have any spectacular feats in "God Mode." God mode is a lot of supposition right now.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@press_oblivion said:

@sog7dc said:

@deaditegonzo:

Superman has insane feats in the New 52. Right now he looks a lot more powerful than Wonder Woman.

@jonny_anonymous said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Which means what exactly? She's done it once, and doesnt have any spectacular feats in "God Mode." God mode is a lot of supposition right now.

It means she would take the bracelets off nothing "more" nothing "less"

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

Of course! Don't you guys see this is foreshadowing the Trinity Wars. "Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship goes out with a bang" Wonder Woman will turn bad. I'm just kidding I don't know what will happen but maybe.

Yeah who knows really, only Johns and the DC higher ups I guess :)

@sog7dc said:

but superman is more powerful than Diana. if its a bloodlusted supes vs a bloodlusted Diana then supes is gonna melt her before she can form a thought. if its bloodlusted Diana vs morals on superman then i think because of his power and durability supes still has more than a chance of subduing her

@deaditegonzo said:

@sog7dc: Well, to put it another way, lets say it like this:

OK, and everyone believes that (Superman's #1) . . . but me. I feel that the n52 version of Wonder Woman, if not equal to Superman, is more powerful than Superman. All of your scenarios are based on the notion that Superman is the more powerful combatant. I'm suggesting that he's not. Let's leave out the diplomacy scenario, the Sun Dipped and the God Mode, Superman & Wonder Woman are. both, using their full potential. I think Wonder Woman has the edge. . . I also think she can withstand his heat vision no matter the intensity.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#31  Edited By Teerack

Batman will figure out something better eventually.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It means she would take the bracelets off nothing "more" nothing "less"

She has a higher power level in "God Mode", a state that she can harness increased power without her Bracers, it's not superstition just a moniker that the fans gave it. She used this to defeat a god, that's a pretty impressive feat.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Press Oblivion
@teerack said:

I think so too.

@deaditegonzo said:

Are these feats anything, other than heat vision, something that you think Wonder Woman can't do? She has Super Speed, Super Hearing, Super Sight, Super Strength, She could likely duplicate Super Freeze Breath.

Superman also has more publications to present his abilities which means that he has more opportunities to do this than Wonder Woman too, and soon he will have a third.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Batman had a box made with Wonder Woman's logo on it just to make a point.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right! could you elaborate?

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I think so too.

@deaditegonzo said:

Are these feats anything, other than heat vision, something that you think Wonder Woman can't do? She has Super Speed, Super Hearing, Super Sight, Super Strength, She could likely duplicate Super Freeze Breath.

Superman also has more publications to present his abilities which means that he has more opportunities to do this than Wonder Woman too, and soon he will have a third.

come on, you'd have to be covering your ears, closing your eyes and shouting LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU to not have seen this.

No Caption Provided

I get sick of seeing it, and I like Superman.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@press_oblivion said:

@kal_smahboi said:

Right! could you elaborate?

I haven't read the issue, but he had a box made to house all of the plans to stop rampaging Justice Leaguers. But WW's box was empty. It has no purpose other than to have Superman open it and say "it's empty."

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion said:

Are these feats anything, other than heat vision, something that you think Wonder Woman can't do?

No Caption Provided

come on, you'd have to be covering your ears, closing your eyes and shouting LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU to not have seen this.

I think you missed my question . . . .do you think that this is something that Wonder Woman can't do?

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ultra_beleco

@waezi2 said:

@press_oblivion: Then WHY does she even have the gauntlets? They look pretty?

The gaunlet in fact controls her ridiculous godess's powers. She explains that when she kicked artemis's sweet ass in the issue 12 of her series.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@press_oblivion said:
@teerack said:

I think so too.

@deaditegonzo said:

No Caption Provided

At the same time there is no real way for us to tell how strong WW gets when this happens....

No Caption Provided

I mean she was getting her butt kicked on second, and the next she hardly showed effort to own this god.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

you are completely wrong,as usual some people underestimate wonder woman,she has fought against a bloodlusted superman before and she was able to hold her own,she was able to react against an speedblitz from a bloodlusted superman,so superman bloodlusted can't kill her before she can think,she has more than enough power to face him goin all out and she is a much better fighter,many people will never give her enough credict because she is a woman,it's really sad.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gods are the creators of the Universe. They created the stars and the galaxies, the planet earth and every element and living creature on it. It is safe to assume that Gods have an understanding and command of the universe and it's elements in ways that popular science can only hope to achieve. They come and go as they please and know all and see all and can scatter your atoms to the winds just as easily as gather them up and mold them into a tit mouse.

I say so what if Superman can juggle the solar system.

Wonder Woman trounced a God. A God who likely has the ability to create an infinite amount of universes containing a infinite amount of solar systems.

This, in my mind, not only equals but surpasses Superman's feat of lifting of the Earth's weight for a week before breaking a sweat.

Just my thought though.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior:

.....lets just agree to disagree. you guys can have your opinions (because that's what they are) and I will have mine. im done here

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SOG7dc

Gods are the creators of the Universe. They created the stars and the galaxies, the planet earth and every element and living creature on it. It is safe to assume that Gods have an understanding and command of the universe and it's elements in ways that popular science can only hope to achieve. They come and go as they please and know all and see all and can scatter your atoms to the winds just as easily as gather them up and mold them into a tit mouse.

I say so what if Superman can juggle the solar system.

Wonder Woman trounced a God. A God who likely has the ability to create an infinite amount of universes containing a infinite amount of solar systems.

This, in my mind, not only equals but surpasses Superman's feat of lifting of the Earth's weight for a week before breaking a sweat.

Just my thought though.

based on your definition wonderwomans entire existence is a giant contradiction. if gods are all that you defined them to be and wonderwoman beat one without effort after removing her bracelets........that mkes sense to you????........now im done

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

based on your definition wonderwomans entire existence is a giant contradiction. if gods are all that you defined them to be and wonderwoman beat one without effort after removing her bracelets........that mkes sense to you????........now im done

My apologies, I thought we we're having a discussion and I was simply putting forth my thoughts. I'm sorry my opinions have offended you.

Yeah, it makes sense to me because this should be a credit to Wonder Woman's power. It's all conjecture, speculation, hypothesis, on my part but it's something that I think is equally impressive as lifting the weight of the earth for a week.

Can I ask, what makes my points (perspective) about Gods a contradiction to Wonder Woman's existence. Wonder Woman happens to be a Demigod if that helps you any.

I'm not sure why you're upset. Why are you done here? I don't get it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_stegman  Moderator

That's actually pretty scary that Batman can't find a weakness for her.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

My apologies, I thought we we're having a discussion and I was simply putting forth my thoughts. I'm sorry my opinions have offended you.

Yeah, it makes sense to me because this should be a credit to Wonder Woman's power. It's all conjecture, speculation, hypothesis, on my part but it's something that I think is equally impressive as lifting the weight of the earth for a week.

Can I ask, what makes my points (perspective) about Gods a contradiction to Wonder Woman's existence. Wonder Woman happens to be a Demigod if that helps you any.

I'm not sure why you're upset. Why are you done here? I don't get it.

im not offended or upset. I just don't like arguing. but i will respond to this. I didn't mean to make you feel like you offended me in any way.

the definition of god Is supreme being or omnipotent one. omnipotent meaning all powerful..so the fact that WW can beat an all powerful being means that either WW is a god or that gods are not and cannot be all powerful.

InkInk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember back when if Wonder Woman was captured by a man she lost all her powers? I have to admit I hate Batman in the Justice League he has every right to be on the team but he acts as if he is better then the other members when in reality he is the weakest member. Ya think he might want to get rid of his kill switch plans for his team mates after some so easily stole one.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By gokuwarrior

@sog7dc:

you can have your on oppinion,and i respect you,but your oppinion seems bias,wonder woman has been able to stand her ground against superman going all out more than once,so you saying that superman would easily win in an all out fight from both sides isn't correct,she has proven tio be able top give him a run for his money.

by the way,and out of the topic,please tell me that you're one of the good DBZ fans,and not one of those that think DBZ characters can beat any comic character,because i want to find more DBZ fans like me,able to accept that comic characters are very powerful too and many comic characters can fight DBZ characters,i don't want to feel like the only one,until now i have found a couple of good DBZ fans like that,what about you?.

theOVOXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By theOVOXO

When it comes to strength Superman wins. And when it comes to combat Wonder Woman wins. However in WW #20, WW was able to use Artemis's strength against her and won the match.

She learned this technique from Ares when he said"A clever warrior uses their opponent's weapon against them." Which is a perfect example of that. Also, Diana can now use her god powers to call forth two magic swords. Which would work well against Superman since he is weak against magic

Both Superman and Wonder Woman are already stated as "The world's two most powerful beings" in the new 52. So if they ever fought i'd have to call it a draw or the winner would go to drastic measures to make sure he or she wins the fight.