Wonder Woman #6 Preview

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You can find the preview here.

First contact, which goes as probably a few of us expect. Apparently the "gods" are still there. Just in a slightly different and more subtle manner than what Azzarello or Perez, etc imagined them as.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon you can kiss the Daughter-of-Zeus origin goodbye, this is where the Gods bestow their blessings on Wonder Woman the good old-fashioned way. I'm LOVING year one

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: I'd prefer them not to ... Make Diana who,she is through intense Amazon training. Screw the gods

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon you can kiss the Daughter-of-Zeus origin goodbye, this is where the Gods bestow their blessings on Wonder Woman the good old-fashioned way. I'm LOVING year one

Lol

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Yeah me too though at her current power-level I don't think it'd be quite as "believable" as it might've been back then

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: I don't know, how much more realistic that a bunch of mythological gods embedded her with powers?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I think it's not as easy to suspend disbelief for a human attaining Superman-level power through intense Amazon training is all

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: fair enough, personally I think it's harder to believe in magic and gods then it is to think humans can achieve more through mental discipline. It is kind of like seeing world records consistently being broken for the olympics and such ... A hundred years ago a human running the 100 in under 10 seconds would have seemed like an impossible feat, but today it's done by many. Who's to say the record won't be under 5 seconds in another hundred years?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Archizooom

@csg_cl: Advancements in medicine, technology, pharmaceuticals, artificial selection for ideal body types etc account for the greater part of this improvement. Athletes already push their bodies beyond the limits, no pain no gain is what they say. For instance, the WADA hack revealed Serena takes not 1 but a whopping 5 banned substances - opioids and anti-inflammatories to cope with pain. 50 years ago if an athlete sprained their ankle they'd take a couple weeks off, however Serena can't afford that so what she does is pop painkillers like tic tacs and hit the practice courts, it'll catch up with her later. For many athletes life post retirement is not so dolce, 60 Minutes did an exposé on the subject

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CSG_CL

@archizooom: way to take an innocuous comment about the potential of human performance and turn it into social commentary. Blame the money interests behind athletics for the ever growing horror of the drugs in sport. But I fail to see how the Olympians "gifting" Diana with powers is all that different than Serena or others (allegedly) using performance enhancement. In the grand scheme it amounts to the same point, artificially enhanced ability. Maybe Olympian blessings are the steroids of comics :(