WONDER WOMAN #42 Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dshipp17

We'll, we learn who's acting behind the scenes, but, the pace of the issue slowed down again. Another issue without Dr. Psycho.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I love strife I'm glad to see her here up to no good.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

It sucked, just like I thought it would. Everything is so cliched, wooden and lacking in personality. Aegus backstory was so blah, basic and uninteresting. His only motivation is because he's an douche bag? He has all the depth of a mud puddle. Hessia, Zola and Hera show up as cardboard characters that seem to be Stepford versions of their former selves. Almost anybody could write a better story than this. It's kind of pathetic.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are those girls walking on stilts or is 60% of their body legs

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That dancing.

Beata

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucked, just like I thought it would. Everything is so cliched, wooden and lacking in personality. Aegus backstory was so blah, basic and uninteresting. His only motivation is because he's an douche bag? He has all the depth of a mud puddle. Hessia, Zola and Hera show up as cardboard characters that seem to be Stepford versions of their former selves. Almost anybody could write a better story than this. It's kind of pathetic.

and yet it was still the best issue the Finch team has produced ... sigh

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

We'll, we learn who's acting behind the scenes, but, the pace of the issue slowed down again. Another issue without Dr. Psycho.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Was Strife being behind this supposed to be some big reveal? Maybe I'm jaded by the forums, but I thought they kind of gave it away in the last issue and have been hinting at her return for several issues now.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Archizooom

'Delice' sounds just like the kind of dodgy nightclub where all the lowlifes go to to pick up some ladies and this tank top dress is what a girl would wear to catch some wham-bam-thank-you-mam so I'd say this night was bound to end the way it did. Isn't it a writer's job to nail these details, I mean it's the details that separate the men from the boys

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Was it announced Dr Psycho was going to appear or were you just hopelessly hoping for him?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Not big suprise. I thought Circe would be behind this or maybe even Doctor Psycho.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

Not big suprise. I thought Circe would be behind this or maybe even Doctor Psycho.

Circe, maybe. What grants Dr. Psycho the power/reason to mess with godly affairs?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: He uses his powers to "look" alike one of the gods and frees Donna Troy and slowy brainwashs Donna to do everything he wants and defeated Wonder Woman.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I thought Lady Di had blues?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: I know, I meant that Lady Finch clearly resonates with the WW fandom.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I know, I meant that Lady Finch clearly resonates with the WW fandom.

Nah, in every site I go I see displeasing. Lobdell didn't resonate with the fandom but he sold as much as Pak. I think the collectors who always buy a book no matter how bad it is and the guys who wanted to jump into WW now that Azz is out are the only ones buying the book. Because I have read the book myself and it is quite bad even for DC standards.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I guess that explains the boost, but why wouldn't collectors buy Azz's run? Finch didn't change Azz's mythos, so why do they get a consistent month boost?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I guess that explains the boost, but why wouldn't collectors buy Azz's run? Finch didn't change Azz's mythos, so why do they get a consistent month boost?

Many didn't like Azz's WW because of the changes in the mythos and also new readers couldn't easily enter the title because the format wasn't new reader friendly, If someone wanted to enter WW under Azz he had to take it from the beginning.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

Nah, in every site I go I see displeasing. Lobdell didn't resonate with the fandom but he sold as much as Pak. I think the collectors who always buy a book no matter how bad it is and the guys who wanted to jump into WW now that Azz is out are the only ones buying the book. Because I have read the book myself and it is quite bad even for DC standards.

I'd say there is a good chunk of David Finch fans picking up the title based solely on his art ... I've not seen more than a handful of fans who support M. Finch's writing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Strife is still pissed about Ares? Damn let it go already. Also I don't really care for Aegeus, I mean his back story seems kinda dumb. Just some self entitled kid who wants to be a god. Boohoo, cry me an ocean.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strife is still pissed about Ares? Damn let it go already. Also I don't really care for Aegeus, I mean his back story seems kinda dumb. Just some self entitled kid who wants to be a god. Boohoo, cry me an ocean.

Percy Jackson just got even more EMO

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

Many didn't like Azz's WW because of the changes in the mythos and also new readers couldn't easily enter the title because the format wasn't new reader friendly, If someone wanted to enter WW under Azz he had to take it from the beginning.

Exactly, and I'll be the first to admit I initially thought Meredith was a breath of fresh air. Sure she was a clumsy writer, but she got a pass because she brought Donna back, the First Born revelation was cool and best of all there were no puns. None of that's enough anymore. The dialogue is terrible, the scenarios cliched, the pacing is off and the ultimate crime is it's boring.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

@csg_cl said:
@gustavoburciaga1 said:

Who?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
@gustavoburciaga1 said:

Who?

It's a movie about the son of Poseidon

Percy Jackson