Which Actor Should Play Ares?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am not sold on Sean Bean playing Ares. To me it isn´t the worst news in the world, but it also isn´t very exciting. Personally I would like a fresher face, who is either up-and-coming, or an oscar nominated actor or a box-office draw. I think Sean Bean would be great for Zeus or maybe Hades as secondary characters, but I feel the main antagonist needs to really up the profile of the WW movie for it to have a real shot at being a success.

I´ve heard some interesting names thrown around on the sight including Mads Mikkleson, Edward Norton, Joaquin Pheonix and even Eddie Redmayne, all of whom I personally think would be very fine choices and superior to Sean Bean, as they just all have either iconic performances, oscar nominations, or in Pheonix´s case is somewhat of a box-office draw. I´m not sure who would be the best guy for the job, but I came up with a small list:

1. Viggo Mortensen

2. Joel Edgerton

3. Jude Law

4. Ethan Hawke

5. Dominic West

Any thoughts?

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry brah. I'm like a season into game of thrones and I'm actually on board with Sean bean, but some nice picks

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viggo espically with a beard

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Bean played Zeus in Percy Jackson right?

I'd wager he's playing a god not sure who though.

All those picks would be great I think but if I could choose anyone it would be James Purefoy.

No Caption Provided

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath i was just watching ROME paused it and came here and BAM saw him again wtf xD

I am fine with sean bean :3

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moi245 said:

@black_wreath i was just watching ROME paused it and came here and BAM saw him again wtf xD

I am fine with sean bean :3

Haha! Then surely you will know where I am coming from?

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By moi245

@black_wreath yesJames Purefoy can definitely pull it off buddy ! good choice

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GrandWonder

Sean or Viggo. I'm a LOTR fan.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how they choose to depict Ares IMO. Sean Bean works for a more classical warrior stereotyped version of Ares, but they could also look at a more erudite version with someone like Stuart Townsend or an older version with someone like Malcolm McDowell. Bean would suggest they are going for the classical version with a sword in hand and armor, but I'd find it interesting to have a more behind the scenes version.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping they'd get Mads Mikkelsen to play Ares, but Sean Bean seems like he'll be good as well.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping they'd get Mads Mikkelsen to play Ares, but Sean Bean seems like he'll be good as well.

I think Mads would make a much better Hades ... but again, depends on the style they go for with Ares. Mads was great as Hannibal because he has that stone cold demeanor perfected, IMO Ares can have that to a certain degree, but should have an underlying anger, just beneath the surface should be a some serious rage that can pop out at any moment.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bean played Zeus in Percy Jackson right?

I'd wager he's playing a god not sure who though.

All those picks would be great I think but if I could choose anyone it would be James Purefoy.

No Caption Provided

I support this one. He can play such a douchbag that he would be great as a cocky, woman-hating Ares.