What Abilities Should The Amazons Have?

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Title says it all. What powers and abilities should the Amazons have. Me, I'm okay with the strength by magical enhancement/training. I'd also like to see some connection between Hessia's flame and the purple ray like making it the Amazons's source of powers.

What are your ideas?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Roughly... I'd want them to be empowered accordingly to the gods that created them, so that aspects of those gods live on in the Amazons, which I think should be Perez's pentagon.

Even by the modern era of today, I think the Amazons should be depicted as possibly the most dangerous army on the surface of the Earth, so combat-wise:

• Superhuman strength/endurance; low by most accounts in a world featuring Kryptonians, but 10-12 tons seems about right. (Athena/Demeter)
  • Superior amanents; As I've said elsewhere, the gear of an Amazon should be made to suit her, and because of their great strength, they can simply carry much heavier armor and much studier weapons.
  • Super-reflexes; all of them should be able to do the bullets and braclets thing.
  • Skills: Generally I think the great ages of the Amazons should be reflected in how good they are with what weapons they use. Take Green Arrow as an example: great archer amongst normal humans... not so much against an Amazon. (Athena/Artemis)
  • Fearless: Think of it as a group mentality thing, together the Amazons have seen and beaten things thats come straight out of nightmares... it should take something extreme to get them to turn tail and run.

In other area's:

• Natural connection: The Amazons should be more in-tune with the natural world around them, they farm the areas they need, they gather fruits from the jugle around them and hunt for meat when they need. But they exist in an equilibrium with nature, they take what they need, but never so much that nature suffers for it. Likewise they should also have a great understanding of what various plants, roots and berries can be used for in regards to medication. (Demeter)
  • Natural hardiness: while not completely immune to more extreme cases, the natural hardiness of the Amazons should leave them largely immune to most forms of weather and illness'. (Demeter)
  • Ageless: Though not truly immortal, as they can still die, the Amazons will be appearing as if in their prime and age itself will not mark them any further. (The Five in unison)
  • Sisterhood/'hive mind': Not a true one as such, but between the Amazons I think there should be a kind of empathic bond that keeps them together and is mostly responsible for them to stay together. They are happiest when with other Amazons, and they get rather wierd when they are not. (Aphrodite/Hestia)
  • The Greatest State: The Amazons were created as teacher and examples of how things should be according to the Five, the Amazons are deeply religious and wouldn't want to change that example by thinking they know any better, so they should be deeply conservative and much opposed to any suggested changes to they way things are. (Athena/Hestia)
  • Everyones a hero: I'd like if there was this sort sense that Themyscira was kinda like a Greek Valhalla, not that the inhabitants are all dead, but that every single person who lives there is either a hero in her own right or has the capacity to be seen as such by lesser people.

Then you can move on to indvidual Amazons who have gifts and powers beyond what a normal sister has, like mages or specializes crafters like smiths, carpenters and so on. And finally there is whatever special items Paradise Island provides them, like special metals, rare plants and trees and odd animals.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Superhuman strength: class 75+

Superhuman reflexes

Superhuman speed

Superhuman healing

Etc

Or

They all are as strong as wonder woman

Or

Get their power through some psychic connection

Or

Trained for their stength

Everything else on their own accord

They created a paradise

They built their own world

Created math and science systems

Made their own technology

Created harmony between them and nature

Built their own sisterly bonds

They'd have different jobs and everyone would probably be able to dabble in each though some are just straight up experts:

Amazon(warriors)

Seers or future tellers

Witches/socerers

Shamans

Athletes

Animal trainers

Farmers

Builders

Artist

Writers

Philosophers

And so on

They also have other women throughout the island that arent Amazon's or fully human like giants and centaurs and spirits that live on the island that they interact with too

Also cooky animals like kangas and megladons

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I'm really impressed with all of the thought that went into these responses. While I think the idea of empowering the Amazons to the point of being equal to Diana is interesting, I feel that it diminishes her character and makes her less "unique" in my perspective and in juxtaposition to the other Amazons.

I like the idea that they are strong, but like Captain America strong, not Wonder Woman strong.

Community with Nature and Temysciran born science is also something that I would have liked to have seen addressed in the series too.

I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I'm really impressed with all of the thought that went into these responses. While I think the idea of empowering the Amazons to the point of being equal to Diana is interesting, I feel that it diminishes her character and makes her less "unique" in my perspective and in juxtaposition to the other Amazons.

I like the idea that they are strong, but like Captain America strong, not Wonder Woman strong.

Community with Nature and Temysciran born science is also something that I would have liked to have seen addressed in the series too.

I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Hardly. She's already less unique by being in a superhero universe.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

Hardly. She's already less unique by being in a superhero universe.

I see ;)

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superhuman reflexes

Superhuman speed

Superhuman healing

Etc

Or

Or

Or

They created a paradise

They'd have different jobs and everyone would probably be able to dabble in each though some are just straight up experts:

Amazon(warriors)

Seers or future tellers

Witches/socerers

Shamans

Athletes

Animal trainers

Farmers

Builders

Artist

Writers

Philosophers

And so on

They also have other women throughout the island that arent Amazon's or fully human like giants and centaurs and spirits that live on the island that they interact with too

This is why I always liked the Marston version best. All of the above was possible for any Amazon if she worked/trained hard enough to earn it. It also showcased that Diana was the best of the best and had mastered all Amazon disciplines not just a few warrior skills and allowed for the Amazons to be multi-faceted in that one woman might be a brilliant doctor while another was focused on excelling at archery and another was stronger than even Diana or one who was faster than Diana. Diana having mastered all the skills is what separated her from the rest.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preferred the Amazon's abilities being rooted in their psionic training. I prefer the being the primary source of Diana's powers too, but she might get a boost from her divine connection so she isn't just limited to her own "brain power".

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dernman

In my personal opinion they should have none. Ya a select few can have magic equipment but nothing else. Oh They're ageless. I'd like for them to bring back the concept that if you leave the island you lose your immortality.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Amazons should be in the 1 to 5 ton range. Diana should be the best trained and most talented. So she would be in the 10ish range.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every Amazon should be as powerful as a baseline Asgardian and have access to weaponry superior to any Atlantean.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@csg_cl said:
@willienotwilliam said:

Superhuman reflexes

Superhuman speed

Superhuman healing

Etc

Or

Or

Or

They created a paradise

Amazon(warriors)

Seers or future tellers

Witches/socerers

Shamans

Athletes

Animal trainers

Farmers

Builders

Artist

Writers

Philosophers

And so on

This is why I always liked the Marston version best. All of the above was possible for any Amazon if she worked/trained hard enough to earn it. It also showcased that Diana was the best of the best and had mastered all Amazon disciplines not just a few warrior skills and allowed for the Amazons to be multi-faceted in that one woman might be a brilliant doctor while another was focused on excelling at archery and another was stronger than even Diana or one who was faster than Diana. Diana having mastered all the skills is what separated her from the rest.

this is like 9 months too late lol but i agree that i like her when she's most skilled as opposed to just simply being better than all of them

also id like to make that an incalculable class instead of 75+ since i think they should be the strongest race/group in the dcu

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
@willienotwilliam said:

Superhuman reflexes

Superhuman speed

Superhuman healing

Etc

Or

Or

Or

They created a paradise

Amazon(warriors)

Seers or future tellers

Witches/socerers

Shamans

Athletes

Animal trainers

Farmers

Builders

Artist

Writers

Philosophers

And so on

this is like 9 months too late lol but i agree that i like her when she's most skilled as opposed to just simply being better than all of them

also id like to make that an incalculable class instead of 75+ since i think they should be the strongest race/group in the dcu

LOL ... I like the idea of incalculable ... generally speaking I think the concept behind the Amazons was meant to show us that any of these women could unlock her unlimited potential.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see some Amazon's using more magic.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The abilities I'd give to Amazons of importance. Each reflects different Amazon skill sets and professions

Diana - Superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability by Amazon training method. Uses Lasso of Truth, Hephaestus Sword and Shield.

Donna - Donna - Superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability by Amazon training method. Knows a type of magic that allows her to copy specific objects - in her case divine weapons and tools - just by seeing them once. This is a reference to Donna's interest in photography.

Cassie - Superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability by Amazon training method. Wields Diemeter's axe.

Zara - Master of a type of magic called Sisterhood With Fire. Invokes the Fire Serpent Goddess Wadjet. Can control fire and heat, is resistant to flame and can summon fire creatures to aid her.

Akila - Eyes of Aset. Invokes the Goddess Aset. Precognition, illusions, light manipulation allows her to create blinding light or great darkness. Abilities depend on the time of the day. Also has some skill in engineering. Has armor powered by both magic and technology.

Artemis - Superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability by Amazon training method. Magic invokes the Goddess Artemis and the Goddess Bast. Communes with beasts but has difficulty empathising with them at times. Can summon beast spirits to aid her. Speed is greater than Diana's.

Osira - Invokes Osiris. Can commune with the dead and ask for their strength.

Hessia - Superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability by Amazon training method. Invokes goddess Hestia for healing herself and others. Invokes Hecate for magic. Not as strong in magic as Zara or Akila or as killed in fighting as Diana but is very versatile. Has suit of magic armor she can summon from her own dimension.

Exoristos - Superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability by Amazon training method.

Hippolyta - Superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability by Amazon training method.

Philipus - Superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability by Amazon training method.

Mala - No powers. Skilled in medicine and biology.

Io - No powers. Engineering.

If they do make a WW RPG, I feel this could also work for a great set up

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It all depends on which writer is taking their story really... but here are my suggestions.

• Super Strength - 15 to 25 tons should be good'
  • Super Reflexes - All should be good bullet/arrow timers
  • Skills - They should be very skilled in multiple forms of Combat
  • Some magical abilities - To certain members
  • Ageless - They don't age, but can be killed.