• 72 results
jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

I know its a rumor, but I think it is incumbent upon true Wonder Woman fans that Warner Brothers release a statement that Wonder Woman will not be a Kryptonian descendent, an alien or anything that betrays her mythological origin.

I do not think that would give away the movie, bit considering this rumor and how much damage it does to the WW character, I don´t think WB´s giving Wondy fans this simple piece of information is to much to ask for.

I seriously will not watch this film if this rumor is even 5% true.

It would be highly disrespectful to the one of the few and original truly unique female superheroes who is not a simple or less powerful counterpart to her male comrades.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really, really don't think that's how they're going to handle it on film. Perhaps I just have too much misplaced faith, but I don't believe Wonder Woman is going to be a Kryptonian in any way, shape, or form.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure they generally take their cues from random forums on the internet.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously will not watch this film if this rumor is even 5% true.'

How exactly you measure this?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Why? It's an unsubstantiated rumor created by complete conjecture.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TazzMission

@matteopg said:

I'm sure they generally take their cues from random forums on the internet.

i know right? also where was op lastnight when i got into it with some poster about how fans always complain? and the dude tells me i have no reason to call it out. lol this thread just proved it. lol i mean what are all us nerds going to do a 1 million man nerd march to protest this rumor? christ people get a grip wait till something is official

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Why would WB deny some speculation by a random blogger on the internet?

God, people lose their shit over nothing these days.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TazzMission

yea i know right? at the rate people are going they make tom cruise look like a golden child

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This isn't even a rumor. Some guy gave his opinion

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jphulk26

@tazzmission said:

@fallschirmjager said:

yea i know right? at the rate people are going they make tom cruise look like a golden child

No, all I was saying is ask for them to tell us whether it is true or not. If they refuse, its up to them, its there property, but letting them know that many are upset with the idea could be a fruitful communication in any direction they are considering taking the character.

If it isn´t true, I´m sure they will have no problem letting us know this rather trivial piece of information with regards the story. I´m not at all taking the rumor that seriously, but when people were worried that wonder woman would be a bit part in the movie and they wrote WB en mass about this a statement was released to confirm she wasn´t.

I´m not a fanatic in the slightest, I just think they should squash this rumor as it will needlessly put a bad taste in many peoples mouths when in fact it has no relation to truth. By the way this is not the first time I heard this rumor.

@peppeyhare: @fallschirmjager:

@peppeyhare said:

Whether its a guys opinion or not, its spread like wild fire, if it isn´t true then rather offending fans or keeping them impatiently waiting they should simply deny this ridiculous rumor and set our minds at ease.

Its also not the first time I´ve heard this rumor and perhaps it is based on what these sources have managed to find out about the nature of the script itself.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

It isn't a rumor. Its one random nobody on the internet speculating

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Have we really been reduced to this? Is the new Generation of comic fans so damned spoiled that they think a multi-billion dollar company has nothing better to do that shoot down every rumor that comes along. God you people re whiny. Its just a f**king rumor, quit crying and wait for facts.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the only reason that it's a rumor is because people like you have made it in to one....it's nothing more than a guess from a guy who has been seriously wrong with his guesses in the past

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Oh. My. God. It's just a goddamn rumor that some random blogger on the internet just pulled out his ass. And now your actually demanding that a studio comes out and debunks this?! Christ what is the matter with you people?! Wtf?!

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have we really been reduced to this? Is the new Generation of comic fans so damned spoiled that they think a multi-billion dollar company has nothing better to do that shoot down every rumor that comes along. God you people re whiny. Its just a f**king rumor, quit crying and wait for facts.

Look, you really don´t get my point. I´m not damn spoiled. I do not write letters to studios demanding this, that and the other. If you actually listen to what I´m saying - this is not "just some rumor". This rumor has kept on resurfacing time and time again. If it is true it deeply disrespectful not only to the character and her fans but to women in general in my opinion. (that is my opinion by the way) Months ago I posted about this as a rumor that was circulating, the guy who started the rumor is from a site that actually does get alot of inside information, that is confirmed. This however he has explicitly come out and said that it is not, it was pure speculation on his part. However, nonetheless as this rumor has been going around for quite a while, I´d like WB´s to dismiss or deny it completely, as to me it spoils nothing about the film and just gives me confidence that they will not offensively use WW who is a symbol of many things to many people, as some counter-part, weaker Superman.

If I had the remotest bit of faith in the studios that they wouldn´t make such stupid decisions, I wouldn´t be one to suggest that they should confirm that this is just that a rumor. However, that confidence has not been built with WB´s. This is there shot to finally dismiss this ludicrous notion that female action leads don´t sell, and, to give WW the debut that she deserves and as a passionate fan of the character, I simply am doing my best to that her character is used respectably. However she is the property of DC and I will accept if they choose not to reply to the demands of a fan, but they should know if it is true, this is one DC fan they will have lost. I will never buy anything of their´s again. Thats just me, anyone else of you can do what they want.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Until WB comes out and says she's Kryptonian then yea, its just some rumor.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Even the guy who started the damn rumor in the first place said it was just his own personal speculation and had been blown out of proportion.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jphulk26

@jphulk26: Even the guy who started the damn rumor in the first place said it was just his own personal speculation and had been blown out of proportion.

Well thats good. However, this is not the first time I´ve heard this. Why is are multiple sites with inside information, having the exact same feeling of how the storyline is likely to go. My question is have they heard something about the tone of the script that is informing this idea?

Also can you tell me, do you really put it past the studios to do this? "We can´t figure out wonder woman! want justice league! why not just make her descendent of Kryptonians." I really see them doing that. Since fans are so upset with the idea I still see no reason why they can´t put out a statement that this particular rumor (which has huge implications for the film, ww and her fans) is false.

As stated before they already have done so with regards to far more trivial concerns, such as whether Gal was going to bulk up, or what the nature of WW role was going to be (cameo or more substantial) None of that other crap bothered me. All I cared about was that Gal could act (yet to be seen) but this bothers me, and the slightest 1% possibility that their is any basis for this rumor bothers me as well. If it doesn´t bother you fine, I´m not forcing you to feel the same, I´m just stating my opinion in a post on a site that allows me to voice said opinion.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TazzMission

@jphulk26 said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallschirmjager said:

No, all I was saying is ask for them to tell us whether it is true or not. If they refuse, its up to them, its there property, but letting them know that many are upset with the idea could be a fruitful communication in any direction they are considering taking the character.

If it isn´t true, I´m sure they will have no problem letting us know this rather trivial piece of information with regards the story. I´m not at all taking the rumor that seriously, but when people were worried that wonder woman would be a bit part in the movie and they wrote WB en mass about this a statement was released to confirm she wasn´t.

I´m not a fanatic in the slightest, I just think they should squash this rumor as it will needlessly put a bad taste in many peoples mouths when in fact it has no relation to truth. By the way this is not the first time I heard this rumor.

@peppeyhare: @fallschirmjager:

@peppeyhare said:

Whether its a guys opinion or not, its spread like wild fire, if it isn´t true then rather offending fans or keeping them impatiently waiting they should simply deny this ridiculous rumor and set our minds at ease.

Its also not the first time I´ve heard this rumor and perhaps it is based on what these sources have managed to find out about the nature of the script itself.

like i said in a similar thread lastnight we wont know anything till snyder gadot or goyer say something. they start shooting in febuary so its only a matter of patience but and there is a but..... dont forget they also denied wonder women was never in but diana was written to be bruces love interest and yet here we are.

im not saying i believe it but i dont think its fake either. so for me its a mix bag and if it is true honestly i welcome it because it can always be worse. heck for all we know maybe a ancient kryptonian happened to bang a chick from 2000 years ago and out pops wonder woman. half human/half alien

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Announce a Batman/Superman movie, and everything's fine, but have one random guy suggest that WW is Kryptonian..well, then everyone LOSES THEIR MINDS!!

Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. The internet is an agent of chaos.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 k4tzm4n  Moderator

It's not even a rumor, it was Jett speculating. Everyone else turned it into a rumor.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Herokiller12344
Loading Video...

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jphulk26

Announce a Batman/Superman movie, and everything's fine, but have one random guy suggest that WW is Kryptonian..well, then everyone LOSES THEIR MINDS!!

Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. The internet is an agent of chaos.

Lol. very creative. Look I have a sense of humor about it, but this is one thing as a fan I would rather squashed, because I have no doubt in my mind WB/DC would have no problem doing this to wonder woman from the way they have treated her before.

Look, I give to charity, I quite often have long chats with the homeless guy who stays by my supermarket and buy him food as often as I can, I´m generally a good and generous person, I feel I should be allowed to sometimes be self-indulgent as fan of a character. WW means alot to me and I feel protective over the character. As I said for anyone who doesn´t this thread is not for them.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: this has happened with every comic movie since Blade. When that first came out dozens of "sources" swore Morbius was going to be in it. When the first x-men movie came out there were hundreds of rumors about who was going to be in it from people claiming credible sources and almost all of them not about Wolverine turned out to be false, I'm not even going to go into the thousands of rumors comic fans gave lost their s**t about since then that turned out to be nothing more than some dude making a guess.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who is upset by this speculation should dress up like Wonder Woman and start a march with signs. It's the only way or something.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: this has happened with every comic movie since Blade. When that first came out dozens of "sources" swore Morbius was going to be in it. When the first x-men movie came out there were hundreds of rumors about who was going to be in it from people claiming credible sources and almost all of them not about Wolverine turned out to be false, I'm not even going to go into the thousands of rumors comic fans gave lost their s**t about since then that turned out to be nothing more than some dude making a guess.

I get it. I was the first to say the petition again Ben Affleck was stupid as F"%$K. I do feel that comic fans can feel entitled at times, but remember we´re routing for DC WB to suceed. I´m not worried because I want them to fail. I never get pissed at this kind of thing to the extent I would encourage (those who care) to write something to DC, but WW has been treated comparibly to the other trinity members with quite alot of disrespect. Now inspite of WW´s long history of being a feminist icon, a symbol of peace and equality, I was very sure that WB would do little to emphasize that in her character, which is something that would upset me, but not surprise me. However, changing her to a Kryptonian, so that she can make sense in SuperMANS world is just plain offensive on so many levels, that I don´t think it should be stood by, from anyone who has the remotest sense of fair play and equality. Since it is a rumor therefore and some people have taken it seriously, I really think if there is no truth to it, that WB would be willing to release this information if prompted by disgruntled fans. Its not Like I think they´re horrible people if thats the direction they´re thinking of going, its simple human error, maybe they don´t know what else to do with the character, but I think it will seriously damage this franchise if it is true. I certainly will be one who won´t watch it just on principle. But I do see what you´re saying, I just still think if fans don´t sometimes when justified tell studios certain things aren´t on, they´ll never change.

If a film is likely to be racist, people should speak out, why not if its likely to be very sexist?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
Loading Video...

I know its a rumor, but I think it is incumbent upon true Wonder Woman fans that Warner Brothers release a statement that Wonder Woman will not be a Kryptonian descendent, an alien or anything that betrays her mythological origin.

I do not think that would give away the movie, bit considering this rumor and how much damage it does to the WW character, I don´t think WB´s giving Wondy fans this simple piece of information is to much to ask for.

I seriously will not watch this film if this rumor is even 5% true.

It would be highly disrespectful to the one of the few and original truly unique female superheroes who is not a simple or less powerful counterpart to her male comrades.

Uh huh.

@jphulk26 said:

@the_stegman said:

Lol. very creative. Look I have a sense of humor about it, but this is one thing as a fan I would rather squashed, because I have no doubt in my mind WB/DC would have no problem doing this to wonder woman from the way they have treated her before.

Look, I give to charity, I quite often have long chats with the homeless guy who stays by my supermarket and buy him food as often as I can, I´m generally a good and generous person, I feel I should be allowed to sometimes be self-indulgent as fan of a character. WW means alot to me and I feel protective over the character. As I said for anyone who doesn´t this thread is not for them.

Then do so, there is no need to write your life story and other such "cool story bro" worthy things. There is also no need to blow this rumor out of proportion. You are clearly way too attached to this.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jphulk26

@farkam: Dude I was being a bit ironic with the comments about my personal conduct. I just think this idea that fiction should not affect people who care about it is just not true. Some people care about fictional characters. Its just the way it is, they make us cry, laugh, uplift our day, send us into deep depressions, make us feel like heroes or inspire us to do good or evil. The book Catcher In The Rye inspired men to kill, the romantic novels of Goethe moved a whole generation of young men to commit suicide in the names of their loved ones; I just want WB to confirm a rumor is true or not. Am I that bad that I should be vilified as spoilt for my simple concerns. I´m not hurting anyone am I?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/ww-likely-to-be-kryptonian-in-jl-movie-1490598/#62

Just as proof this isn´t the first I heard of this.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By LyraFay

Its pure speculation (and I'm sure WB won't do it anyway) and people have to got stop looking at WB as the bad guys after all this is a DC fan's ultimate dream to see Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman on the big screen. Seriously stop turning into an angry mob that will be launch war on the studio.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

We should not demand they waste their time debunking wild speculations because apparently it takes a really long time to put out a Wonder Woman film.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people just want to see the world burn!

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't be ridiculous, demand to get a confirmation about a rumor.

-ABstract4$$#073-

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

Once again, I'm just going to leave this here...

Apparently, several outlets picked up on what I wrote in the mailbag below – especially my take on how Amazons might be explained in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN – and claimed that I was reporting it as fact and/or that it was a “rumor” I had heard.

They. Are. All. WRONG.

The mailbag is between me the fans of BOF with me answering questions with a mix of industry scuttlebutt, inside info, and MY OPINION! Nothing more and I’ve been doing this sort of mailbag for years. I get that people are starved for BvS information, but a lot of sites are taking what I wrote in the mailbag and clearly twisting my words! Either that, or they didn't read the thing and are simply responding to another outlet's incorrect report! Thanks to the outlets who ran the story and CLEARLY STATED that I CLEARLY STATED it was all speculation and my opinion.

So there…just setting the damn record straight. This isn't a rumor, nor is it inside info. It's nothing more than me guessing how Goyer and Snyder might characterize Wonder Woman and the origin of the Amazons. Carry on...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BOF-Mailbag_1-1-14.html

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By joshmightbe

@alak: I pointed out that the dude who started the rumor said it was pure speculation, the OP just went into a circular argument about how many sites he saw it on despite them all getting the story from the same source, I.E. the guy you just quoted clearly stating that it was pure speculation on his part.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/ww-likely-to-be-kryptonian-in-jl-movie-1490598/#62

Just as proof this isn´t the first I heard of this.

still waiting for that link

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ww was kryptonian?!

well,that was most stupid thing

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: look at alak post it a from the same guy who started this rumor

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is this "WE" you speak of?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

And this is why people have the stereotypes they have for comic fans.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, interesting idea to have Amazons descendants of Kryptonians. It is the much safer route plot wise anyway. It would be much harder to balance in the Greek Mythology with the sci-fi of Supes and Batman. I guess they could balance it a bit if they made Amazons technogically advanced while also simplistic people. Kind of like the Asgardians in Thor the Dark World.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SilverPool

Why? It's not confirmed and it's not even a rumor. If you really believe this you need to go back and read the article that started this. The guy didn't "confirm" it or anything, he just guessed that that would be the case.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I'm starting to get worried. If DC changed Diana's origin once, they'd do it twice. They obviously have no respect for her or her fans.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TazzMission

@scorpio_cassadine said:
Loading Video...

I'm starting to get worried. If DC changed Diana's origin once, they'd do it twice. They obviously have no respect for her or her fans.

here we go. you really think dc or wb really dont care? if wb didnt care we wouldnt even have wonder woman. you really think wb is going to piss away all the money there going to invest into the charachter not just as a movie but a merchandizing property? you cant be that nuts can you? my god man you are making the 911 truthers look more rational with there paranoid conspiracy delusions.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a solution. Everybody who agrees that the rumor is so scary that you can't wait a couple of weeks for some actual news, you go write a letter, and I mean now.

All the normal folks, just keep on living your sane life.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I knew you of all people would overreact as per usual with this news. Still, I'm surprised anyone would believe this speculation. Yes it's a terrible and disrespectful idea but there was never any doubt it had any credibility or official confirmation to it. The source was one guy blogging about it on the Internet and it was misinterpreted poorly to stoke the fires of fanboy hatred. Clearly it worked.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I knew you of all people would overreact as per usual with this news. Still, I'm surprised anyone would believe this speculation. Yes it's a terrible and disrespectful idea but there was never any doubt it had any credibility or official confirmation to it. The source was one guy blogging about it on the Internet and it was misinterpreted poorly to stoke the fires of fanboy hatred. Clearly it worked.

meh this isnt even bad. if you want bad news look at megan fox as april o neil for tmnt. the chick isnt even in my top 50 of actors